Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

57 minutes ago, bladex said:

there always are I'm starting to wonder whether that ring is actually going on at all. we haven't actually seen it anywhere however the rest of the pieces including the seats were stored nearby before the ride actually even went up.

I doubt they'd have released that image if that was the case. Although I admit it is fun to fool the GP.

43 minutes ago, aaronm said:

Based on this IGN competition, the ride will open on either October 1 or 2: http://www.au.ign-hub.com/movie-world-competition/

"Officially" maybe, as usual there's likely to be a soft launch before that though. Basically go to the park daily from around Sept 20 I guess and hope for the best?

2 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I will let you guys take a guess where the mistake in this post is,

must say, will be interested to see DC "Superheroes" Unleashed will have two fountains in the area

Let's see..

1. That's not Superman, it's Bizarro.

&

2. It's Supervillains Unleashed, not Superheroes. 

19 hours ago, aaronm said:

Based on this IGN competition, the ride will open on either October 1 or 2: http://www.au.ign-hub.com/movie-world-competition/

As it's been previously mentioned and as screenshots of the Fright Nights website have also indicated, the ride is listed as a fast track option for peeps attending Fright Nights on Oct 1st & onward.  

So yes, it's pretty much confirmed it will be up and running by then, if not sooner since (as @reanimated35 has mentioned) the park is openly advertising that Premier & Elite membership holders will be given the first opportunity to experience the new precinct. This is likely to take place late September ??

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

... the park is openly advertising that Premier & Elite membership holders will be given the first opportunity to experience the new precinct.

But didn't they also say they would get a special viewing of the Nick beach area before the official opening...

I know Scooby was doing an hour or so each afternoon for about a month before the official opening

Nickelodeon Land did have delays during construction and the GL were complaining it wasn't open in time for the beginning of holidays, so they didn't delay its opening even more.

I wonder how they'd go about only allowing  Premier & Elite members to experience the area first. Could it just mean that  they let these pass holders into the park early, and they have access to Villains Unleashed area?

8 minutes ago, Wyncenuros said:

But didn't they also say they would get a special viewing of the Nick beach area before the official opening...

They did, but the circumstances changed for that particular event, as the construction ran over time and well into the school holiday period. The park was forced to open the area to the public before it was 100% completed, as too many parents were complaining about no kids rides/area being available during peak period. So they unfortunately had to abandon the advertised soft opening for members ?

3 hours ago, themagician said:

I wonder how they'd go about only allowing  Premier & Elite members to experience the area first. Could it just mean that  they let these pass holders into the park early, and they have access to Villains Unleashed area?

Probably just find a way to get them to scan the membership cards at the entry of the ride I  guess. 

I think that way would be unfair. Having people walk up to the enterance, ready to ride, and a staff member says, sorry you can't ride it because you don't have this pass. If they did the way I said by letting them into the park early, then when the park opens at 10, the ride can be open to the public. And just do this during its soft opening.

That's exactly what they did for the Carnivale music artist meet and greets, which were exclusively for Premier & Elite membership holders only. They just put up a couple of signs publicly stating so, and tickets redeemed online with membership details had to be presented in order to go up to meet the star. 

Remember that late last year they also had that members only privilege running,  that allowed early morning access into the park to ride rides for an hour or so before the general public. 

It could go either way, really...  

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom managed to do it just fine for the season pass preview day of The Joker. Attendant at the queue entrance as well as staff along the queue line plus I am sure there was an a-frame sign saying it was a passholder preview day only. Only real issues I saw was with hiring a locker as the kiosks were playing up. If you make everything clear then no one has any reason to complain and the day should run fine.

10 minutes ago, bladex said:

bout time that damn ring showed up...but there are no jets unless they are just going to attach them to the sides?

Picture 2 shows tubes \ hoses \ cables coming out of the end. I'd assume this would be something to do with it. The artists image you posted just above shows it coming out of each of those 'vent' type markers, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

If the devices aren't bulky, we may see them installed once the ring is in place, especially if they are sensitive, to minimise damage during the install.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic