Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

Here's the thing. We have all agreed, for a long time, that Movie World doesn't fill a day, except in peak periods, and then only because of waiting. The reason why is because they have no filler. they have kids rides, and then blockbusters. E tickets - even Batwing, although not 'big' by standards is still 'big' in MW because it is iconic as is GD\ToT.

We've said for many years that MW needs more flats. When I look at this, and then I look at all the flats that DW have installed in the past 10 years - this trumps everything hands down - with the exception of TailSpin, for which i'd guess at this point would be about on par for me (that said, I haven't been on it yet so that could vary).

I'm curious @JeffreyMoore - Why do you call it a 'lame ride' ? have you ridden one? do you not like the style of ride? What is it that makes it lame, in your opinion?

For me - lame or not, MW needs flats, and they need variety - a few more flats fitted in, along with the new worlds best rollercoaster, and the park is going to start looking like a full day, or even a two day park...

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

Here's the thing. We have all agreed, for a long time, that Movie World doesn't fill a day, except in peak periods, and then only because of waiting. The reason why is because they have no filler. they have kids rides, and then blockbusters. E tickets - even Batwing, although not 'big' by standards is still 'big' in MW because it is iconic as is GD\ToT.

We've said for many years that MW needs more flats. When I look at this, and then I look at all the flats that DW have installed in the past 10 years - this trumps everything hands down - with the exception of TailSpin, for which i'd guess at this point would be about on par for me (that said, I haven't been on it yet so that could vary).

I'm curious @JeffreyMoore - Why do you call it a 'lame ride' ? have you ridden one? do you not like the style of ride? What is it that makes it lame, in your opinion?

For me - lame or not, MW needs flats, and they need variety - a few more flats fitted in, along with the new worlds best rollercoaster, and the park is going to start looking like a full day, or even a two day park...

there's just nothing about it that makes it WOW i won't to get  new vip pass just to ride that new ride

it would do little to make the park any less boring then i find it these days

once again only my opinion

Yeah thats a fair play - for me i've said the same thing over Buzzsaw, Tailspin and Pandamonium - although having been on Tailspin I now recognise it as a solid flat, I did not give it enough credit. It still wouldn't have been enough to renew my pass with DW but its solid either way... but I wouldn't call that lame just for that reason...

I don't think VRTP needs to install something to make people buy a pass. The pricepoint at the moment is more than enough to bring people to the parks. The add-on sales of things like hunger buster are enough to get extra revenue. The park doesn't need a ride that will bring people to the park - the park needs a ride that makes the whole park better... and this - even if you never ride it - will still make your day better. Why? Because with a theoretical 720PPH (which let's face it will probably be closer to 370-400PPH with VRTP operations) will still soak up more people - thats less queueing in Scooby, Superman, Green Lantern etc... and with the interactive theming, an entirely immersive area, and the potential for more 'villains unleashed' in the same area in the future, it creates another sponge to draw people off main street and out of the big queues.

Even if its shit - the GP will still patronise it, and that improves the park overall. It's what they've needed for a long long time.

And anything that does that, can't be lame - right?

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic