What is your favourite and worst ride of all time?

9 hours ago, AlexB said:

...like what?

You criticise all the coasters, including when a new one is announced (before you even know what it is) and yet the most pathetic and lacklustre coaster we have "has something more to it than just being a coaster" ???

Please tell us all what this magical ingredient is - it's neither dark, nor heavily themed, nor walkable, and it has one too many rails...

SM will always be my favourite. 

I do however consider your views on Small World to be borderline blasphemy.

Re IASW, might I quote Jeremy Irons in The Lion King.  "No, anything but that!"

^I was at Knott's in October, and I watched how much working they were doing over a few days - they've re-done the entire track, some re-profiling, and mid-course break is gone. Hopefully I'll be doing some marathoning on Ghostie in May.

I think Twisted Colossus will battle it out with The Joker for numero uno in Cali IMO.

Unfortunately I just feel it is going to be a lost cause - again I will gladly be wrong!

It was rough when I rode it in 2008, but still enjoyable, it got slightly rougher in 2011 but again still enjoyable, 2012-2013 new year it was still enjoyable, September 2013 it was closed, October 2014 is was closed and August 2015 it was hell!

If it is open when you go @downunder be sure to give us a review.

23 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

I'll just leave this here....

lol. To the guy that has 3 different IASW versions on his iPhone, and frequently listens to music from the park - that's not really a challenge...

19 hours ago, downunder said:

I guess what I was trying to get at is how many big parks (i.e. their coasters are doing a lot of laps fairly constantly) with 365 days or thereabouts operations - how well have their wood coasters fared in the long run? My personal experience: Gwazi and Ghostrider, not so good. No other examples spring to mind personally straight away that fit that bill.     

SFMM - Apocalypse and Colossus were both doing just fine in 2013. I've ridden Ghostrider, and whilst it was jarringly totally out of control, there was no 'ow make it stop make it stop' to speak of - just one big holy shit that was awesome at the end.

I've never ridden Gwazi but by all accounts it was not enjoyable.

I rode Ghostrider in 2007 in August just before it went down for a month of maintenance, and it was unbelievably rough - definitely please make it stop - my back was starting to spasm towards the end. I go at Haunt time every year and it's generally been bad except the front row, which I always ride (up until last year they had a faux ERT on Ghostrider if you did the Haunt buffet).  

Oooh, if we want to talk about rides that have made us feel horrible...

Hard Rock - Rode at the Ekka many years back. Came so close to yakking I had to sit down on a milk crate next to the ride and chill out for twenty minutes.
White Cyclone - Wooden roller-coaster at Nagashima Spa Land, Japan. The first time I rode it in 2012 the bottom of the dips vibrated so hard one of my wisdom teeth compacted into one of my other teeth and gave me a splitting headache that wrote me off for the rest of the day. When I rode it again in 2014 it was fine and dandy.

Many people who have the right to form a decent judgement regard original Ghostrider as the best coaster the world. 

If it is restored to that point (which many say it will be) Id say it will be a serious contender for top spot again. 

That being said Dollywood has a nifty little number opening this year too!

9 hours ago, coasterdude44 said:

Man. I wish I had enough money to travel overseas on a semi/regular basis

Work hard and save your $$$

I must say after seeing the media event for Knott's ghost town I think a trip will have to happen this year to check it all out. And to give Disney's new ride a go.

Favourites:

Lethal Weapon - she's a little rough, but bloody awesome mate. Been my #1 fave since the day it opened ???

Green Lantern, Hot Wheels, Scooby Doo, Storm - all intermediate thrill coasters, which are my favourite type. Not tame, but also not too intense like some of their bigger brothers ie. SE, Buzzsaw, TOTII etc :)

Wipeout - usually not a spin and spew fan, but I can handle this one. Was one of the first thrill rides I ever went on as a young teen (directly after the Thunderbolt, which was my very first) so I hold a soft spot for it. 

Least Favourites

The Claw -  because it made me shake uncontrollably the one time I rode it years ago. Hated it, just wanted off the entire time. 

Giant Drop - because I dislike drop rides immensely (probably related to my elevator phobia lol) but I did tick it off my bucket list as a fearless teen. 

Batwing Spaceshot - same deal as Giant Drop, despite being a different style ?

Pandamonium & Shockwave -  I haven't been on either but refuse to because they are spin and spew rides. Although I did go on the Redback at Aussie World which is the same style of ride as Shockwave. Was dry reaching when I got off haha ?So nope. 

MDMC - is an explanation even required? ?

^I'm not a huge fan of spinners but i'll always give them a go.

I can't speak for Panda, but i've done shockwave and redback.

Shockwave is a nice pleasant rocking ride. Redback made me sick for the remainder of the day. Although similar models - the camel hump in the middle makes a world of difference to the experience. Trust me - give it a go.

Yeah that's why it's the bomb because it's so re-rideable. I actually did it no joke 80 times one day. 

And because it is the prototype and it was built with a way more grunt in the launch system than it needs so still the most forceful launch. 

The other thing that makes it awesome is it has the original Intamin seats which are ridiculously open  

Just one of those rides that makes you smile. 

Yep.

Xcelerator - When I rode it in November it left me speechless. Such an intense launch! I can hardly remember any of the launch it was so intense.. Also, the lap bars make it such a crazy experience. Can't wait to ride it again when I go back :)

Might as well add mine too..

Fav.

- X2
- Twisted Colossus
- Transformers: The Ride
- Indiana Jones 
- Soarin'

Worst.

- MDMC