2016 for Movie World

height requirement is very specific. There has always been a bit of a myth in terms of Superman appearing in park - apparently some guy got shot because people believed he was bulletproof. Don't know how much truth there is in that, but you never see Superman in-park anywhere that i can think of.

It'll be interesting to see what we end up with...

Well...   Male Justice League performer...   Be able to play the part of a Male in their early to mid 20's ...   American accent ...   strong physical likeness to a superhero ...   187cm and maximum height of 193cm...

So what male superheroes have been in the JL that are younger, american and built "like a superhero" and are relevant enough that they would have a new character in park...

Male:

Superman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Atom, Cyborg, Shazam, Nightwing...

Now they say new so if you go completely literally (which I usually do)...  Superman and Nightwing have been characters in the park before so they would be returning not new...  (Then again "new and improved"...  Well which one is it?)

Height (approx):  Superman is 6'2" (187cm), Aquaman is 6'1"(185cm), Green Arrow is 6'2"(187cm), Atom is sort of not entirely known but about the same as Superman, Cyborg is 6'8" (203cm), Shazam is 6'2"(187cm) and Nightwing is 5'10"(178cm)

From personal experience they do not specify certain things in their employment notices which are a deal breaker straight away (call for character performers, I was only male, they pull me aside and tell me it is for the Lola Bunny, Tweety and Daffy characters which at the time were all female only performers so told not to bother hanging around)...  They do not specify race...  Given superheroes are portrayed as a particular race this is an important hiring factor and is necessary for the role so it is something they can specify in the notice...  Being male is and they have...  Short of that paragraph is we cannot count out a particular character based on race...

Take from all this what you will but my money is on the Man of Steel especially given the Doomsday Destroyer currently being placed and other than Cyborg he is the only character in the JL3D ride that does not currently appear in park.

Edited by Wyncenuros

2 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

Take from all this what you will but my money is on the Man of Steel especially given the Doomsday Destroyer currently being placed and other than Cyborg he is the only character in the JL3D ride that does not currently appear in park.

Exactly. That and the demand for his return over recent years has been high, and Movie World have not been dismissive against his return in their responses. If anything they have suggested it would indeed happen someday in the near future. 

Given the popularity of Superman right now with all the DC related movie content being released, and now the upcoming DC Super-Villians area at Movie World, it seems a no brainer for them to do everything they can to overturn that original decision and have Superman as a featured costume character. Especially when they already have all the rest, but are missing one of the main ones. It leaves a huge hole in the park not to have him there!

My bet is that they have come to an agreement with DC and that the Man of Steel is definitely making a comeback to help promote their new area. I'm so certain, I'd put money on it as well ??

Previous discussion on Superman:

On 3/29/2015 at 11:45 AM, Brad2912 said:

On further reflection I actually remember it having to do with licensing.

I think DC does not licence the superman character to be portrayed as a roaming character. (This has obviously changed at some point, or may not apply to a still photo shoot). My understanding is Superman is also missing from all overseas parks with DC licensing (Six Flags etc)

On 3/29/2015 at 9:24 PM, Spotty said:

If i'm not mistaken, the reason is that Superman always has to be seen "flying" and obviously a roaming character can't do that. It is why Superman has the flaps between the load / unload station as it's meant to prevent guests from seeing him motionless. At least that's what I was told when I was trained on the ride in 2012.

Of course, things can always change.

Also on a slightly unrelated topic, this article is a great discussion on character rights within certain theme parks, mainly in the states, but the Marvel agreements are an interesting one...

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201307/3558/

26 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Of course, things can always change.

Also on a slightly unrelated topic, this article is a great discussion on character rights within certain theme parks, mainly in the states, but the Marvel agreements are an interesting one...

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201307/3558/

I love reading the Marvel agreements. I read somewhere can't seem to find it at the current moment it could be a rumour but Universal was not allowed to build any new rides themed to marvel. Thats why they completely rebuilt the Incredible hulk replacing the whole entire track and trains and called it a makeover.

I spoke to Guest Services about bringing Superman back mid last year and they said the originally got rid if him because licensing for him wasn't being continued. When the licensing came back it was too expensive. Parque Warner Madrid has him now though. They have had him for a few months as far as i know.

MW have been hiring for this role since last year. This is the third ad that they have put up.

11 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I love reading the Marvel agreements. I read somewhere can't seem to find it at the current moment it could be a rumour but Universal was not allowed to build any new rides themed to marvel. Thats why they completely rebuilt the Incredible hulk replacing the whole entire track and trains and called it a makeover.

That would probably be because Disney now owns Marvel & want to see Marvel attractions appearing in their parks in the future rather than a rivals. 

11 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

I spoke to Guest Services about bringing Superman back mid last year and they said the originally got rid if him because licensing for him wasn't being continued. When the licensing came back it was too expensive. Parque Warner Madrid has him now though. They have had him for a few months as far as i know.

MW have been hiring for this role since last year. This is the third ad that they have put up.

I read something somewhere about a WB park being built in Abu Dhabi or something - near ferrari world. They're spruiking superman and batman attractions - but not sure if that would equate to characters in-park.

1 hour ago, Original said:

That would probably be because Disney now owns Marvel & want to see Marvel attractions appearing in their parks in the future rather than a rivals. 

If you read the article I posted, it refers to the Marvel license for the east coast of the US being owned by Universal 'in perpetuity' - it means Disney can NEVER have Marvel characters in their east coast theme parks... ever. (Unless of course they buy them out, which I'm sure given the current attractions in IOA, Universal would charge a pretty penny for).

2 hours ago, bladex said:

countdown begins before it's shut down again starting from......NOW

It wasn't shut down in that sense. A very informative MW staff member (he knows who he is! If he reads this, thank you ;)) explained to me that the LED green lantern logos on the front of the individual carts is doubled up on the switch which also controls the audio effects.

When the Lantern logo on a cart isn't working properly, it HAS to be turned off, because of strict DC requirements that the Green Lantern logo must be displayed properly at all times. 

So since the LED lights on a couple of the carts recently were playing up, they had to be turned off, consequently the audio went with it. 

Thankfully the good ol' Movieworld mechanics decided to finally tackle the problem today and fixed all the LED lights on the carts, thus now they can all be turned on normally again :)

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Surely an independent switch on the front logo lighting could have been put in without much bother...

I heard during manufacturing that the additional R&D funds needed to get that independent switch operational was instead diverted into wheel bogey reinforcements...

Safety over Aesthetics.. Of course..