Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

So, to summarize; if you feel like the park does or might do something exceptional for you then you're probably going to be more inclined to do what they say as a quid pro quo, in much the same way as many blogs/websites/journalists may choose to run a puff piece on an advertiser/sponsor or turn a blind eye to their transgressions.

If, on the other hand, your interest is purely the hobby or the parks don't do anything special for you, then you're more likely to be focused on getting the story/picture since you have no masters to please.

Clowns to the left, jokers to the right, please :)

Make what you want of it, @webslave, but I clarified my stance in my last post. It's not about expecting anyone to do anything special or exceptional for me. I don't expect anything in return for my efforts, no more than me posting content whilst following the rules on here. I don't get anything out of participating on Parkz other than personal enjoyment, but I still do the right thing.

It's all about mutual respect. 

Feel free to take a look at other circumstances when people have chosen to do otherwise and you'll see what I mean. AndrewH has a swell story to tell after trespassing through Dreamworld restricted areas to get photos to share online ?

Edited by Theme Park Girl

Certainly, I like your contribution and don't propose to denigrate your work at all.  I understand precisely where you're coming from, and agree that it's your personal call to take photos or not based on whatever criteria you choose - be it arbitrary in the eyes of some, many, all or none.  Just as others are free to make the same determination for themselves.

I don't have any photos but was surprised to see the EAS gates themed instead of being left their boring clear look.

Rode it again on Sunday and find the load procedure interesting with the use of the board to help with availability of seats. Noticed the middle seats have a height limit of 170cm due to the floor which means I won't get to ride that row again.

Looking forward to seeing how the whole area looks like on the weekend.

I was speaking to a fellow worker in the area I was typing all of this when I was lining up for Doomsday,

plus you are allowed to take pictures of some of the statues now, the Joker and Harley Quinn statues have returned to the area 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

@Theme Park Ninja Do you never take the wristband off once you purchased it?   Can you go deep undercover further utilising some of your ninja skills and find out the process of re-using your wristband.  Or you could just enjoy your day and get in as many rides as you can.  Either way I’m easy.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Here is the media release, just sent out 

Thursday 22 September 2016

It’s Good to be Bad at Warner Bros. Movie World!

OXENFORD, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA – Warner Bros. Movie World is getting in touch with its villainous side with the official opening of the DC Comics Super-Villains Unleashed and the Doomsday Destroyer this Saturday.

In the world-first DC Super-Villains themed precinct, Warner Bros. Movie World guests can embark on a journey with some of the most iconic DC Super-Villains in an interactive themed area, where it’s good to be bad.

At the centre of the new precinct is the Doomsday Destroyer, a monstrous looping ride like nothing else ever seen at Warner Bros. Movie World.

Warner Bros. Movie World General Manager, Greg Yong said the new precinct offers a range of unique and interactive experiences for the whole family.

“There has always been a focus on DC Super Heroes at Warner Bros. Movie World but this new precinct will showcase the Super-Villains from the DC Universe,” he said.

“On the Doomsday Destroyer guests are taken on a thrilling 21 metre high adventure where they reach speeds of up to 36km/h and experience 2.4 negative G forces.

“An exciting feature of the Super-Villains Unleashed precinct is the interactive elements where guests can assist Super-Villains such as The Joker and Lex Luthor in their mission to cause mass destruction throughout the park with the use of innovative RFID technology.

“As Warner Bros. Movie World celebrates its 25th Anniversary, there has never been a better time to visit the park as we are welcoming in a new era of entertainment for the Gold Coast and Australia with a host of new attractions and experiences.”

The best way to experience the DC Super-Villains Unleashed and the Doomsday Destroyer is with a Village Theme Parks Membership which provides unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and Paradise Country. For more information visit movieworld.com.au or call 13 33 86.

21 minutes ago, SuperBat_90 said:

Weren't you doing this before today anyway? Haha 

sure was, wasn't fully aware that they were going to be strict of people taking photos, I asked the person if I could take photos they said yes but make sure it's not hidden behind a fence 

2 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I was speaking to a fellow worker in the area

Hold on, so you work at MW now?

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

I'm sure they mean 2.4 positive G-forces... 2.4 negative G-forces is some serious airtime...

I'm assuming they're meaning 2.4 G-forces while upside down

No, they mean exactly what they wrote. 

Negative g force is about downward acceleration, not airtime. 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Hold on, so you work at MW now?

Sadly no :( 

Park Map has been updated to feature the new area 

IMG_0117.JPG

machines similar to the Fast Photo booths have gone up in the store IMG_0126.JPG

3 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@Theme Park Ninja Do you never take the wristband off once you purchased it?   Can you go deep undercover further utilising some of your ninja skills and find out the process of re-using your wristband.  Or you could just enjoy your day and get in as many rides as you can.  Either way I’m easy.

I believe you will be able to take the wristbands home with you and all you need to do is wear them the next time you are at the park.

I found the interactive area of the area pretty cool, I will be happy to tell how each statue's element works I have used the spoiler tags in the post below if anyone doesn't want to be spoiled

[/spoiler]
Edited by djrappa

I will post some more pictures of the new area that I took my camera later tonight 

Here's how the interactive area works 

the Posion Ivy element tells you what she thinks of you, if she hates you she will spray water over you, if she likes you there will be a scent of strawberries in the area, 

The Killer Cro element is you can control the water in the area I found this element the best one out of all of them

The Joker and Harley Quinn element is where you have a hammer and you to hit the target to destroy the bank, if you are successful, the area will be covered in smoke and Joker and Harley Quinn will congratulate you for blowinng up the bank

Edited by djrappa

Had my first ride on Doomsday today & it was awesome. It wasn't as intense as I originally thought it was going to be, but still a great ride & a great addition to the park. 

As I was lining up, I saw the Joker and Harley Quinn area being tried out. It was malfunctioning a bit, but you'd expect there to be some tiny problems as they are still in technical rehearsals. The smoke coming out of the barrel on top of the box looks awesome. It is like a massive smoke ring that gets shot out. It was hilarious watching people walk past and get freaked out by it ?

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

No, they mean exactly what they wrote. 

Negative g force is about downward acceleration, not airtime. 

g-force-human2.jpg

You've got it round the wrong way - airtime is pretty much the result of negative G-force, ie being flung upwards out of your seat, as well as braking. Positive G-force is when you're being pushed into your seat, found mostly where the ride dips down and comes back up (or the opposite with regards to loops), as well as in launches.

Another image for anyone who's interested/doesn't understand (the last two are to do with flying coasters so don't really matter in this scenario, but it's cool stuff to know):

flyerforces.png

Absolutely amazing pics @Theme Park Girl, the poison ivy model is so detailed! Doomsday with lit-up eyes also looks superb.

Edited by Santa07

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback