DC Rivals HyperCoaster Announcement

14 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Do you think i'd need it around the end of October? 

Just wait and see on the day, I feel it looks really busy out the front then grab one as soon as you enter the park. They only sell a limited number of unlimited passes per day.

The fast track lines don't open until 10:30 though, so it's best to head straight to Arkham Asylum and ride that in the morning before the queue grows. Arkham is the only major ride that doesn't have a fast-track queue, but you do get 1 free VR ride with the gold unlimited pass. 

I see it being similar to the front row. There's only one front row and people who are keen enough wait the extra time which is usually substantially longer. I remember last time I was at Cedar Point it was about an extra hour for the front of Millennium Force. I personally couldn't be bothered and just wanted to ride so got in the regular queue.

I think the majority of people won't want to wait the extra time and just and are happy enough to ride. Also take into account this ride is going to be intense enough forwards the vast majority of people are going to be terrified of riding it backwards anyway which will also sort out the numbers. 

Edited by Ninja

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Or you know what? you've just bought the most expensive ride in the park's history - don't cheap out. Buy two trains. Commit to run both of them every day. have one completely forwards, one completely backwards, and save money by not needing four queues - you can just have two.

I kinda feel like theres some long-distance-train-seat technology that could be used here - have each seating row about to pivot to face backwards or something. I get the 'working within existing technology' thing, and its complete pipe dream, i know. i know its unrealistic.

I'm just so very disappointed that based on the park's track record, it will probably be several years before the queue for the back row is short enough for me to be able to ride it.

This is a ridiculously unrealistic idea which you admit in your posts so why even post it?

9 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Which isn't going to happen with a toddler.

Thank goodness, I was getting worried as you hadn't mentioned you had a child in a good couple posts now :P

Not with a toddler?  Because famously toddlers like to sleep in yeah?

Here's the thing if you make an entrie train backwards that reduces capacity for the much more popular forwards facing seats, and you've got the issue of having a train down for maintainence which hasn't been addressed.  The backwards train would also require a dickton of modification to have a full train of backwards seats.  Having one of each is just not a well thought out idea.  Realistically, there'll be challenges in managing it, but I think the length of the queue will sort out the demand issue for the back seat.  "I kinda wanted to sit in the back but it's a 45min wait v a 10 min wait for a forward seat, don't think I'll bother" is a scenario that will play out a lot I reckon.  

I'm the sort of person who would have made the whole train forwards and would've bought a 3rd train so there's always 2 trains available, but you have to admit that the backwards gimmick has really captured the public's imagination, but I'd wait to see what acfually happens before making changes.

7 hours ago, Richard said:

Two reasons that doesn't work @Redboost. Firstly they can't physically put a second backwards row in. You'll notice in the renderings that it's the exact same chassis as the other carriages. All they've done is switched the first row of seats around and removed the second row because there's nowhere to put it. In order to keep engineering requirements and costs reasonable they're working within the confines of their existing, rigorously tested technology.

Secondly you're expecting people to want to queue for considerably longer to experience the backwards seats, but then have half being forced to ride with an obstructed view? That sort of defeats much of the purpose of the experience. It's a good way to upset half of those willing to queue longer. 

I wasn't aware of the physical and mechanical limitations of backwards seating which is why I thought it would be a no brainer to do. But in hindsight I guess your explanation makes sense. I hadn't even thought of the obstructed view aspect but then again, like forward facing seats, not everyone likes to be at the very front and having an extra row would give people a choice, as limited as it may be. Either way, there's no point dwelling upon it as it would appear at this stage of construction, the decision has been made. Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have actually ridden in a backwards facing RC, what differentiates the experience from riding it forwards? Higher intensity? More G forces on the body?

Edited by Redboost
spelling

6 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Aside from that....... 

I mean we talk about the limitations of having 4 seats facing backwards, is this because of any increased strain, sensations, forces etc placed on the body/coaster car or is there another reason entirely?

Limited view...  Because MW only wanted the back row facing rear?

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The upside to the backwards facing is the viewpoint. You lose the majority of that in a second row 

But the point of backwards is "not being able to see what is coming". Seeing the track snake behind you gracefully is nice, but I don't think it is what makes it scary thing people want to try.

On 2017-6-9 at 4:57 PM, Redboost said:

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who have actually ridden in a backwards facing RC, what differentiates the experience from riding it forwards? Higher intensity? More G forces on the body?

I rode HD @ USJ backwards the first time,  and forward the second time.

I have to say I didn't enjoy the backwards experience nearly as much as the forward experience. 

Backwards felt rougher, I don't know weather that was because of the train or because you couldn't see what was comming.

Edited by FluxZero
Typo