The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

3 minutes ago, joz said:

Riding it without knowing what it does must be amazing,

Yeah, I sort of remember my first ride years ago. 

Had just caught the coaster bug, so would ride anything. Hadn't seen the movie either. Walked in through the doors, not sure where to go in the sudden darkness. 

Long slow queue in the large room. Then this narrow hallway. Then these little carts. Reminded me kind of, of the wild mouse at the show. "oh, alright, just a quick ride then". 

Then of course all the dips, turns, axes. No glasses on, but could tell we'd reached something different because couldn't see ahead plus the bump of the track join. 

Definitely a memorable experience first time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomiJ said:

I'd rather not comment until it is finished but scooby is still number 1 for me. Scooby-Doo_Spooky_Coaster_facade.thumb.jpg.4886a3c2600eb00ee4b886d1e1759352.jpg

Scooby's is great for sure, but it's gone down in points for me since they repainted (?) the castle and went with the 2D ride sign. It looks so much better in that picture!

9 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

Over the years since the announcement, there's been a general thread of pessimism that VRTP would shortchange the initial vision for the project. I think it's fair to say we're all glad to have been proven wrong. I'm not only stoked to see the final result very soon, but have high hopes for the Oz precinct and beyond.

I too am pleased to see that VRTP have followed through on their promise of a well themed area and they should be praised for it. TBH, I was starting to become a little worried that the company had forgotten how to do decent theming (aside from perhaps the Doomsday precinct) and their parks would continue to slowly steer away from their thematic roots and become like Six Flags over Gold Coast. Glad to see this isn’t the case and I hope they continue to provide quality theming going forward as it certainly helps elevate the experience overall (looks promising with the announcement of WOO). Even though it’s still early days, from the small glimpses we’ve seen so far, you can tell the queue line is leaps and bounds ahead of what we got with Green Lantern and DC Rivals and it’s great they actually thought about presentation instead of giving us another basic Stratco tin shed with a few murals. Can’t wait to experience it fully in person. Of course, the big question is will the old Leviathan animatronic from Creatures Of The Deep (that was spotted being stored back of house a while ago) make a reappearance?

11 hours ago, TomiJ said:

I'd rather not comment until it is finished but scooby is still number 1 for me. 

While I also love Scooby, I would say this is a much grander entrance and has a lot more spectacle to it overall. Though I do admire what Scooby pulls off. 

Edited by Noll_57

It's nice but 2 statues and some fake greenery isn't really mind-blowing stuff.  MW has many examples of better facades.  Hopefully this is the end of cheap & nasty theming MW produced on Rivals & GL.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

I know it should be facing the other way, but this guy is worth a mention.

image.jpeg.dd0b1ebd12a645bb4c63d5fd4da20aa7.jpeg

If you had it the other way, wouldn't the shop block it from view?

Edited by New display name
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gazza said:

Though the release says “One of our brand new rides The Leviathan”

Where does it mention Trident is available?

Both Trident and Leviathan will be opening at the same time, if Leviathan will be ready by the 3rd of December for a private Christmas event then so will Trident. Unless Leviathan is ready earlier then Trident and the area ends up opening around the end of the month to accomodate this, both would be ready by the 3rd.

20 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Both Trident and Leviathan will be opening at the same time, if Leviathan will be ready by the 3rd of December for a private Christmas event then so will Trident. Unless Leviathan is ready earlier then Trident and the area ends up opening around the end of the month to accomodate this, both would be ready by the 3rd.

That's a long bow to draw. They explicitly mention Leviathan. Surely marketing the one-two punch and having Trident on your presser would be a no-brainer, so not mentioning it is clearly implying it isn't necessarily guaranteed (and flip side, by naming leviathan, it would appear that they are guaranteeing it).

It could be, but there is no explicit mention, so you can't conclude that it will.

Just now, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

That's a long bow to draw. They explicitly mention Leviathan. Surely marketing the one-two punch and having Trident on your presser would be a no-brainer, so not mentioning it is clearly implying it isn't necessarily guaranteed (and flip side, by naming leviathan, it would appear that they are guaranteeing it).

It could be, but there is no explicit mention, so you can't conclude that it will.

it’s a private event not a ride launch, Leviathan is probably only open as it’s a “Monster Christmas”, hence why it says (sea monster) next to the rides name. They’ve been planning to open both at the same time, so when one opens to the public they’ll both open.

2 minutes ago, New display name said:

When SW last had opening dates up, Trident & Leviathan had different dates.  Are you telling us you know they will be opening together, or you are assuming so.

There were two different dates due to Tridents construction originally having some issues causing it to be delayed. I know they are planning on opening them at the same time and they will be unless one of the rides end up being delayed for technical issues. 

I wouldn't put it past them opening Trident and Leviathan at different dates. The plan was always three stages for New Atlantis after all (before the delays).

The date itself is interesting though. Guessing it's not the release window but instead a period of staff previews / technical rehearsals.

Thanks @Ogre awesome collection of photos. 

With the wiring within the statue for trident, hopefully that means it lights up.

It’s going to be a real shame if they don’t hide those aircon units for vortex. Even some batten screening will be good enough. To fully enclose it will require a ventilation system, but battens or tall plants will be enough because they look even worse now the whole area is coming together. 

Loving the overall aesthetic of the area and the detailing we have seen thus far.

It is a shame the entry/view to the area from Nickelodeon Land is such a bottle neck and obstructed view. I know they’ll see as the entrance near vortex as the main entry and this is more secondary, but in an ideal world it would’ve been nice 

• Like 1

• Gazza locked this topic