Sign in to follow this  
Gold Coast Amusement Force

Dreamworld Update - 3rd of August

75 posts in this topic

@MickeyD I agree with you, with there upcoming announcement of a new roller coaster, making the park as vibrant as ever and the eventual opening of Sky Voyager I personally think Dreamworld will be booming again 😊 John Osbourne and Greg Yong seem to be doing a very good job and hope it stays this way. 

I am very glad they scrapped the expansion of the waterpark personally otherwise there wouldn't have been enough $$$ to fund a decent coaster. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Wouldn't a lazy river be a lazy way to expand the park, given there's already one at Wet & Wild? 

You're right. Their competitor has a product that is really popular. They shouldn't offer that, and just let everyone spend their money with the competition...

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Wouldn't a lazy river be a lazy way to expand the park, given there's already one at Wet & Wild? 

Maybe, but I think most consumers expect their water park to have a lazy river. It's one of the classic must haves, like a wave pool , or a water play structure.

• Like 3

Or offer an alternative, that's similar but with different features. In this case, an adventure river rather than just another lazy river. 

I thought that was the plan at Dreamworld to be honest. 

Edited by pushbutton

1 minute ago, pushbutton said:

Or offer an alternative, that's similar but with different features. In this case, an adventure river rather than just another lazy river. 

I thought that was the plan at Dreamworld to be honest. 

It was a stupid alternative.  A lazy river is a must have but isn't your showcase piece when you're trying to woo the crowds back to DW.

40 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Thanks for the update. Gotta love that no maintenance diesel train...

Although i'm sure the bucket of shit tractor masquerading as a train is quietly broken, the demolition of the ampitheatre is probably more the cause of the current inactivity on the railway...

Well yes the demolition wouldn’t be helping but let’s say the demolition work isn’t the only reason the tractor is not on the tracks. Once again the signage says it all.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Greg signs up, all this activity. It all smacks of something big in the works!

100%. I know when I said the place can turn it around some people might have been a little meh at first. The evidence is in front of us all. Greg was one of the best things that have happened to the park in management for a while.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

They were painting Green Room when I drove past this morning 

Lets give DW a medal.  Medals for everyone.   

4 hours ago, Slick said:

What I do hope is that when we start to hear announcements about new attractions and masterplans etc. etc. in the coming months/years is that everything's done with a sense of holistic consideration to the greater picture and not just out of necessity to deliver something as soon as possible because Village is doing XYZ in the same time period.

Slick is spot on.   We need a master plan that DW sticks to.

I'll wait to give out my medals pending DW’s future revels.  I want "that" master plan which DW have promised and undelivered for many years. 

• Like 1

Even if they don't stick to the master plan. It's direction. More direction than they currently have. If people see they are trying and actually have a roadmap, that's all they need to get back in the running for these medals that @Skeeta is apparently now handing out

• Haha 1

How about turning the dirty Murrusippi River at DW into a lazy river. DW history of dumb management decisions means its a small chance 😅

ee8e264824852b6f7e47c583a7f884fc.thumb.jpg.860a9f6b93c95a5a52ecfb9e82380d1f.jpg

• Haha 1