Dreamworld’s BuzzSaw is Retiring

themagician

I want to believe it’s an out-of-season April fools joke because this is so utterly ridiculous. I received this email aswell. also what expansions can they do there, they can’t add another flat ride there. i wouldn’t be surprised if it was to do with the safety of the ride. They did that with TOT2, in all over the last 3 years they have removed a total of 4 rides the last 3 where justified, operating for 20+ years for a ride is hard to do unless there is extended maintenance to a ride, especially in the Australian heat. Buzzsaw has been operating for 9 years, I can see that the support structure is close  to the tail of taipan. But I’m just shocked, the downfall is here and it is taking its brutal path…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, joz said:

What in the fuck does 'Given the ride's proximity' mean?

Just a generic reason I think. I’d imagine the real reason is old park management didn’t look after it properly and it’s costing to much to keep repairing it. (If you think about how much time it’s been under maintenance for over the past couple years, it’s pretty bad). So they are just going to get rid of it and put that money elsewhere at some point. 

I don’t think we’ll see another attraction go here anytime soon. It’s too narrow of area, especially now Steel Taipan is there. And I think we’ll see it removed before ST opens

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunniestduck said:

The passenger carts only, idk what it will look like let’s hope that is open and spacious. That’s the magic of the train.

It’d be nice if they just refurbished the originals. My thought behind why they’re not doing that is that the change in gradient combined with the lacklustre diesel train means they need to get new carriages that are lighter or something along those lines. 

@Gazza that is very true. Over the past year, anytime I’ve gone the longest queue time i think I’ve seen is 15 minutes. Most of the time it’s a one or two cycle queue. Even last weekend when the park was very busy with an almost full car park, it was basically a walk on. I don’t know if it’s just because it’s now hidden with river rapids gone, but in the past 5 years it’s become less and less popular.

People complain about the ride going, but it has clearly not been a popular ride anyway and once it is gone, people probably won’t miss it.

• Like 1

It’s the timing that’s bad optics. It’ll be tough to justify the price in the short term now, let alone an increase in the long term. If they held onto it for another year or two you could’ve had a chance to replace buzzsaw with another new thing. Instead it joins a long list of shuttered rides post-incident. 

• Like 2

Since 2016 the park has closed:

River Rapids, Log Ride, Flowrider, Wipeout, TOT, Big Red Car, Cinema, Zombie Evilution, Brocks Garage, Hop and Hoot and now BuzzSaw.

Some of those were much less of a loss than others, but still, that’s a long list of attractions to close. Since then they’ve got SkyVoyager, soon Steel Taipan and they utilise the Exhbition centre quite often too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, joz said:

It's not even optics, it's that the park is really thread bare right now; they kind of need the filler. I assume it's one of those things where it's end of life, costs a ton to maintain, isn't popular and is closed a fair chunk of the time. I'm not surprised (or even sad) it's going, but I'd have thought string it out for a yeah and close it when you add a new flat ride or something cheap just to keep the park feeling full in the meantime. 

They could’ve even done the old trick of having it under maintenance until they can announce a new attraction

The reasoning for closing is the ride is too close to Steel Taipan. So why include it in all of the animations? We all know that’s not the reason and yet they play us for fools and puppets anyway. We’re happy when the CEO sends us a heartfelt email about the state of the park, just as much as we’re happy to be given spin. Figures. 

Edited by Retardent