Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

On 17/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, TBoy said:

Ah alright. Must of gotten confused.

At least even with 1 train the coaster still has high capacity than most other coasters with 1 train ops. 

• Spongebob's Boating School Blast - 360 pph
  • Motocoaster - 373 pph
  • Jet Rescue - 400 pph
  • Gold Coaster - 400 pph
  • Superman - 410 pph
  • Steel Taipan - 415 pph
  • Surfrider - 460 pph
  • DC Rivals - 465 pph
  • Road Runner - 500 pph
  • Project Zero - 600 pph
  • Family Boomerang (both) - 625 pph
  • Kenny's Forest Flier - 650 pph
  • TNT/MW SFC - 720 pph

I can tell you right now all of those numbers for 1 train operation are far higher than what they would achieve.

Superman would average 12 dispatches a hour (6 every 30 mins) which if all seats were filled would be 240 riders a hour

Rivals would probably be pretty similar too. Road Runner would have done a dispatch with the old trains approx every 3 mins. So around 320 a hour with 1 train. This is from personal experience as an operator as a FYI. However with procedures that have changed it is possible that it's even less now... doubt it's got faster since I was there lol. Back then operations were actually halfway decent (for village), and staff actually gave a crap. Quite a few of them were actually on these forums back in the heyday and we may or may not have used to have friendly competitions :P

I'd say if this ride doesn't have seatbelts and is just a standard restraint you'd be looking at dispatches similar to Road Runner and be getting mid to high 300's per hour due to the longer train. You could maybe push 400 a hour if you had 2 loaders + the controller running things. Just really depends how they chose to operate it, so many things when I was there just... made me question "why" haha. Simple things like opening the damn gates as people are getting off the train to make things quicker.

One day things may change haha

• Like 1

Some random thoughts/analysis regarding the precinct...

1) Does anyone else think if there could be more than one entrance to the Wizard of Oz precinct? They could have a separate entrance/exit to and from Wild West Falls. This could give the entire park more of a feeling of flow and less of a feeling of dead ends in the park. 

2) I wonder how faithful the precinct will be to the concept art. In the concept art, there appears to be a 'Kansas-y' barn behind the main green structure. Could it be that guests entering Oz will begin in 'Kansas' and walk through into the world of Oz? Or could that barn structure be part of the queue for the duelling coasters? 

3) On that thought, where will the queues for the ride begin and end? In the concept art, it appears that the queues for the rides are coming out of some of the buildings? Could it be that there will be an indoor section of the precinct? What could that look like? 

4) I also wonder if the coasters are the only attractions planned for the precinct or if there will be any flat rides. Maybe they could even have a themed Vekoma madhouse inside one of the buildings? 

5) Just a random/silly aside. Initially I thought it was strange that Oz would be located next to Superman Escape, but it kind of makes sense in a weird way considering that Superman grew up in Kansas!

Oz Pic.png

Concept art.png

• Love it! 1

2 hours ago, yumyum said:

1) Does anyone else think if there could be more than one entrance to the Wizard of Oz precinct? They could have a separate entrance/exit to and from Wild West Falls. This could give the entire park more of a feeling of flow and less of a feeling of dead ends in the park. 

My recollection is that there will be an entrance from Main Street and maybe Superman.

3) On that thought, where will the queues for the ride begin and end? In the concept art, it appears that the queues for the rides are coming out of some of the buildings? Could it be that there will be an indoor section of the precinct? What could that look like? 

My recollection is that the Green Castle will be the queue for the SFC while the blue building will be the queue for the Boomerang.

4) I also wonder if the coasters are the only attractions planned for the precinct or if there will be any flat rides. Maybe they could even have a themed Vekoma madhouse inside one of the buildings? 

From what we know it will just be the 3 coasters so far.

The ceo of movieworld a small theme park on the Gold Coast had this to say

”after almost 20 years of looking up at red and blue we are getting sick of it.  It’s time for a change. DC Rivals looks good in purple.  It’s about time superman escape is purple”

after the park was scammed of over 2 million dollars on a life time supply of purple paint they have decided to put it to good use

”you can expect to see all attractions here at movieworld to be purple in the coming years. We might even consider painting at our other properties”

B846E425-D1AC-4A50-AAB8-B51E8C4C9064.png

• Love it! 1

14 hours ago, REGIE said:

The ceo of movieworld a small theme park on the Gold Coast had this to say

”after almost 20 years of looking up at red and blue we are getting sick of it.  It’s time for a change. DC Rivals looks good in purple.  It’s about time superman escape is purple”

after the park was scammed of over 2 million dollars on a life time supply of purple paint they have decided to put it to good use

”you can expect to see all attractions here at movieworld to be purple in the coming years. We might even consider painting at our other properties”

B846E425-D1AC-4A50-AAB8-B51E8C4C9064.png

👨‍🦯 Man With White Cane Emoji — Meanings, Usage & Copy

• 1 month later...

I found on the Badge Construction Groups website that they are tendering for trades until the end of this month and it provides a description of the scope of the construction works.

https://app.estimateone.com/s/badge-qld/stage/292336

It also indicates that the theming elements for the precinct will be supplied by Pico Play, who have worked on a number of theme parks and attractions throughout the country and overseas.

And not sure if an exact dollar amount has been mentioned before, but its expected to be $10-$15 million.

Because the construction company is tendering, we could see significant works begin in the next few months.