Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

12 minutes ago, Ogre said:

firefox_VSgEV0aMcQ.thumb.jpg.fd9e3bb53f49ae43e0e0642bb7a2addb.jpg

New advertising billboard at the park!

firefox_nWODvMbpM9.thumb.jpg.e49d6118812a399074dc0650fa638736.jpg

Progress on the Wicked Witch coaster from the Superman area!

Where’s the location of that billboard? ‘Cause if that’s on Main St (beside Superman’s entrance & facing the fountain), they really could’ve served to make it look a bit better than that.

Edited by Tricoart

9 minutes ago, TBoy said:

The start of the Midway area, just after you pass Scooby/Dirty Harry

So, just before WWF/Doomsday’s path, with the It Maze building façade in the background? If so, that’s an interesting location if Superman were to indeed be the main entrance & not the assumed ‘secondary’ one near Scooby.

Still, billboard could be better. At least painting the frame in a less bright/clashy colour.

Edited by Tricoart

24 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

So, just before WWF/Doomsday’s path, with the It Maze building façade in the background? If so, that’s an interesting location if Superman were to indeed be the main entrance & not the assumed ‘secondary’ one near Scooby.

Still, billboard could be better. At least painting the frame in a less bright/clashy colour.

That billboard has been there for years. You're reading into it's placement far to much.

Edited by ShakeShack
  • Like 3

Just now, Tricoart said:

Maybe I’ve just looked past it, then. What used to be on it?

I think it is mostly general advertising for rides/experiences etc. Google Maps Street View from Jan 2018 shows an ad for the former Star Tour on the billboard, so it has been there for a while

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TBoy said:

I think it is mostly general advertising for rides/experiences etc. Google Maps Street View from Jan 2018 shows an ad for the former Star Tour on the billboard, so it has been there for a while

image.thumb.png.96b23f125572448107b559ec71b5717e.png

First appearance on Nearmap is May 2016, but the last image prior to that was September 2015, so I think it's probably appeared prior to Christmas. Star Tour started around July 2016, so it was probably one of the first products on the board, but possibly not THE first. Given the vehicles parked so (very) closely in the first year, it's bringing a vague recollection of perhaps a Scooby and the Gang photo Op, which makes sense being opposite the ride, but the second image is the big ambulance, so likely a fright nights prop...

image.thumb.png.b588bbf10643e27d20da704358a342f8.pngimage.thumb.png.d6836566cb09f0167d42ca552afd39e9.png

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TBoy said:

The Arkham vinyl rap has been removed from the Arkham station, and some of the concrete is being ripped up (thanks to TSPN)

May be an image of text

May be an image of 2 people and text

That’s nice and all, but there’s something else much closer to Superman that they should be prioritising (for the time being) over ripping up an unused pathway. Progress is progress, though, I guess.

Edited by Tricoart

Just a second faster, lol.

Pico Play is tagged in these posts, confirming their simultaneous involvement in both this and Rivertown.

Kinda interesting how both DW & MW have ended up with new themed areas based on 1 family-thrill Vekoma that’s the same colour scheme as their last major thrill coaster (of which, both were Mack, both with gimmick seats) & 1 smaller-scale supporting ride, with Pico Play collaborating in design & manufacturing of thematic elements, both set to open around the same time during holidays this year.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

I like the design, it looks really good.

One thing I am worried about though is the station with the flying monkeys. I am worried that it will be just like Leviathan where you have to watch the pre-show before the train leaves the station, lowering capacity. I am hoping they have modified it so it plays while you are entering the train.

Alongside the concept art, a video was released with some construction footage & a rough 3D model of the site, as well as confirming the coaster’s names as ‘Kansas Twister’ and ‘Flight of the Wicked Witch’ from the trademarks. (Credit: Movie World’s IG)

Edited by Tricoart

2 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

There isn’t a lot of reference to end of 2024 which worries me and it seems like the progress on the area hasn’t been all that speedy…. It looks great but I’m not confident this will make the end of 2024 opening date. 

“Set to open later this year” is in the video, they still seem confident they can meet that date.

Edited by Tricoart