Happy Halloween 2022

themagician

Happy Halloween is BACK on select nights this October and more SPOOK-tacular than ever!

Enjoy all your favourite fang-tastic activities like trick-or-treating FREE with entry for children, Belinda's BOO-tiful Costume Competition, frightfully good food & entertainment, Count Kenny's Mystery Mansion, Kid's Haunted Hay Maze and so much more!

Tickets for this year's Happy Halloween are now available, so get in quick to secure your spot! Need extra tickets for family & friends? Use your pass details to access discounted tickets for only $39(normally $49)!

B07A990F-D2F4-40C5-8079-79419CEDD872.jpeg

• Love it! 1

19 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Also a $99 ($89 for annual pass holders) VIP experience with early access, front of line passes, buffet dinner and drinks, and merch 

really puts into perspective how expensive Fright Nights is this year… $99 alone is the ticket price to get in the last couple nights 

37 minutes ago, Rivals said:

really puts into perspective how expensive Fright Nights is this year… $99 alone is the ticket price to get in the last couple nights 

For clarification the VIP experience price excludes entry. It also has risen in price, was $69 for passholders last year.

Difference to MW being I have no doubt it is worth it/value for money. Based on doing it last year vs FN 2019.

Edited by Park Addict 93

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Attended tonight with my son and it was great night.

the crowds were manageable despite being busy. I’m sure the rain today kept some away but aside from a sprinkle right on entry at 5:30 and again at about 8:40, there wasn’t a drop of rain. 

there was a funky toxic smell in the Manor walkthrough that burnt your throat and made you cough your lungs up - so we ran through that. Everyone around us was coughing too, it was actually quite worrying. I told the attendant on the exit but he seemed pretty unfazed. 

only other complaint was that despite having a photo pass - as it was an event night - you had to pay $5 per photo to have it put on your pass. Never been that way before, and pretty cheeky imo…. 

43 minutes ago, New display name said:

Sounds like an over juiced fog machine. 

Yeah I believe this was the likely culprit. 

1 hour ago, rappa said:

They sounds exactly like burning electronics so great to see the park taking guests health concerns seriously. 

Wasn’t electrical. I know that smell pretty well. 

42 minutes ago, joz said:

Maybe it was a smell effect?

Not impossible (if if was out of control) but given there is no ventilation through there if that was the case it was a horrible idea. 

16 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Attended tonight with my son and it was great night.

the crowds were manageable despite being busy. I’m sure the rain today kept some away but aside from a sprinkle right on entry at 5:30 and again at about 8:40, there wasn’t a drop of rain. 

there was a funky toxic smell in the Manor walkthrough that burnt your throat and made you cough your lungs up - so we ran through that. Everyone around us was coughing too, it was actually quite worrying. I told the attendant on the exit but he seemed pretty unfazed. 

only other complaint was that despite having a photo pass - as it was an event night - you had to pay $5 per photo to have it put on your pass. Never been that way before, and pretty cheeky imo…. 

I see that you said it was a great night, but the only things you mentioned was the negatives. What were the positives for you? 

- What was done well?

- What was new?

- Do you think it is better value than Fright Night? 

Appreciate the reviews as always :) 

Edited by xRazzBerryx

I wouldn’t say it’s fair to compare this event to Fright Nights as it’s two different target audiences, instead it’s more comparable to Spooky Nights. Happy Halloween seems to be better value and better event overall, as there’s a lot more stuff to do, longer hours, while also being at a cheaper cost. They’ve also updated / changed things this year whereas Spooky Nights was pretty much the exact same. 

5 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

What was done well?

Organisation - entry was smooth and efficient 

crowd management - everything spread over the entire park which stopped bottle necks

entertainment - was fun, constant, livelg

atmosphere - lots of thematic choices that added to the park 

free trick or treating (albeit a little more basic than other years) was still great for the kids 

food options/service - everything food wise was open, plus some additional outlets which meant lines were short and service was good. Much better then a regular weekend daytime visit 

What was new?

Having DW wildlife open was great, as mentioned, as it spaced out the crowds 

vintage cars running a spooky theme was fun and different 

Do you think it is better value than Fright Night?

Not sure how to answer that as value is subjective. For a family, no doubt. On what you can get done without the need for fast passes etc, sure. It’s obviously targeted at the family market though. 

• Thanks 1

Went to the event last night and yeah, the smell in the walkthrough was almost unbearable. Heard a few other people unhappy with it too. Kid behind us went:

"Mummy, I can't breath!"

They really need to get that sorted.

Apart from that, had a good time!

We went on Friday as well. I'm glad the rain held out.

I don't know if they were letting people in at 4.30 like they suggested, we got there just after 5 and walked straight in.

It was lots of fun. Kids enjoyed the hunt, but were disappointed that they got chocolate bullets at the lifesavers one. But us adults will eat those!

The spooky castle maze, I agree, the smoke machine was too much. Hard to breathe and everyone was coughing.

The queues were great, we didn't buy the extra passes and most rides you could just walk on with no waiting. We didn't do the vintage cars though as that one did have a queue.  We did most of the rides, but skipped the little kids rides (my kids are 8 and 12).

We walked around anticlockwise, most of the crowd seemed to go the other way. 

I though it was very well run. We didn't see any of the shows though as it was a fair walk around the park to do the hunt. We also grabbed McDonald’s after rather than eating there.