Movieworld Update, 19th September

Ashley

Pretty sure I said the screens should be working. 
99% of the time someone posts actual factual info here it’s going to come from a source that can’t be disclosed, that’s the nature of real inside information. 

Gatekeeping would be posting “I know something and won’t tell you” which is a far cry from posting actual insights that may be of interest to people, to the extent they can be shared. 

There are several members on these board who are actively working in/with the parks or have close contacts with people that are. Often they will try to share whatever information they can get away with to contribute to the discussion and for the interest of other members who may actually be interested in reading. 
Your options are to have information without always the full path back to the source, or to have nothing. I know which I’d prefer. I don’t however have some agenda of wanting to post pure speculation as fact for the purpose of making myself feel good, if I did, perhaps I’d sooner no real info is shared. 

Whenever I make a guess about something or speculate, I always make a point of stating that I’m doing so. Therefore it stands to reason that if I’m saying something is fact, it probably is ;)

I can’t/won’t speak for others, but that’s my story. 
Sorry if it upsets you to be corrected when your speculation is inaccurate. 

Glad to hear you are busy, the last few years have not been good to many AV Experts out there. 

• Like 3

(thought this would be the appropriate topic) but as of right now;

- Rivals

- Green lantern 

- Justice League

- Scooby (2nd time down today)

are all closed, with Wild West being 100mins, Superman being 90mins, Batwings sitting at 50mins and Doomsday’s at 35mins. The park is definitely seeing the effects from the closed rides.

6 minutes ago, Rivals said:

(thought this would be the appropriate topic) but as of right now;

- Rivals

- Green lantern 

- Justice League

- Scooby (2nd time down today)

are all closed, with Wild West being 100mins, Superman being 90mins, Batwings sitting at 50mins and Doomsday’s at 35mins. The park is definitely seeing the effects from the closed rides.

Yeah have to agree situation is far from ideal right now

59 minutes ago, joz said:

Oh nos!

Another typical case of VRTP being below Disney standard! That boat isn’t even sinking 😂

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Some members of my family, rode Scooby about lunch time on Monday and confirmed that the first screens, (the ones where the monsters rip out the walls), were working.

However, when I rode it around 5:00pm they weren't, so is it possible they had just been switched off early? 

It depends. ‘Not working’ could just mean the scene didnt trigger for whatever reason for their car. 

The problem with Scooby is that video was done so poorly by someone who clearly has little understanding of how an attraction operates. There is no ‘holding state’ so if it doesn’t trigger you just get black. Same as the final drop scene which just runs out of video whilst you sit there. 

13 minutes ago, rappa said:

The problem with Scooby is that video was done so poorly by someone who clearly has little understanding of how an attraction operates. There is no ‘holding state’ so if it doesn’t trigger you just get black. Same as the final drop scene which just runs out of video whilst you sit there. 

Yeah, I did get just a black screen when I rode it.

The final screen worked, just not the tiki island TV at the end of the ride

So, what you said about it not triggering could be the reason. But, it still something that needs to be fixed, it should work every time, not just here and there.

Correct. 
There will always be the odd occasion when something doesn’t fire, but a well designed system allows for that so you don’t get something awful. 
Scooby Next Gen just wasn’t that. 

But hopefully those days are behind us and the new attractions being built are much better. 

In my experience of the last few months riding Scooby 

The initial “projection walls” have been out for awhile, in addition to multiple screens in the lift. The final Tiki Island screen has been inconsistent, sometimes working, sometimes a still display without the scare and other times off.

They really should just redo it with more flame resistant theming in the initial Ghost Train section imho.

Edited by Park Addict 93
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I actually checked on YouTube before I replied ;) - it definitely is in JDS:

image.thumb.png.1a0e918c273600f6a123235760fc2ad2.png

Right behind scooby castle

Well, would you look at that, can’t say I knew. Learn something new everyday.

But, as you said the reason I didn’t mention it is because it’s still at the park.