Dreamworld announces Wave Swinger, Dreamland (DreamWorks retheme) and new coasters

Ashley Jeffery

Here is my guess on what will happen:

• June 2023 School Holidays: Big Red Planes, Giant Drop open
  • September 2023 School Holidays: Kenny’ Forest Flier, Deep Sea Dodgems, Dreamworld Flier open
  • December 2023 School Holidays: Play School Wheel, Big Red Boat opens
  • Februrary 2024: ABC Kids closes
  • June 2024: Vintage Cars closes
  • 2025: Rivertown opens

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

2025: Rivertown opens

So you think the Rivertown opening will be delayed? Because their announcement said it was opening in 2024.

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

December 2023 School Holidays: Play School Wheel, Big Red Boat opens

Adding to this, my guess would be the Candy Flyer and Soaring Swing will close after Kenny’s Treetop Flyer opens or after the September school holidays to make way for the Big Red Boat coaster

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

So you think the Rivertown opening will be delayed? Because their announcement said it was opening in 2024.

By the looks of construction not starting I feel like it is likely to be delayed. WoO could get a 2024 opening but I am unsure about Rivertown, especially as ground work hasn’t started and it looks very complex compared to WoO.

• Like 1

I definitely think it can be done by the end of 2024. We don’t know the timeline of when ABC Kids World will close, so it could be closing when the Play School Wheel is scheduled to close for maintenance. Maybe when Dreamland is officially open, that’s when ABC Kids World closes, so we could see demolition begin before the end of the year, with new construction beginning first thing next year. 

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 8:26 PM, themagician said:

I definitely think it can be done by the end of 2024.

Agree - like - calm down guys, it's May 2023 and there are 19 months left until the end of 2024. A boxing day opening for Rivertown makes the most sense if you follow typical ride openings in Australia, so there's plenty of time to go.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
21 hours ago, Ogre said:

vlc_SQv288068a.thumb.jpg.e65c7d7327a43b726b4a51d80cbf9b8d.jpg

New safety sign for Seabed Splash, quite nice looking!

I do really like the grey dreamworld logo on this sign. It looks infinitely better than the old one.

Hopefully a few more of these are rolled out around the park and/or themed to the area they sit in (like a wooden one for rivertown)

• Like 4