Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

9 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Maybe sometime in January?

I think so. This coaster will come together very quickly, they will construct the building for JR and then externally things will probably look like they’ve slowed down, but really it’s all going on inside. 

I suspect we’ll see foundations pretty early in the new year (potentially even for the vintage cars). And I’d guess all the coaster track will be installed by Easter.

There's a guy building a massive shed down the road from me. the frame went up in about a day. roof was on 3 days later and it was at lockup with rollerdoors and walls by the end of the week. 

Village Roadshow got the entirety of Soundstage 9 clad\panelled in 7 days (and that was soundproofed), so the building of JR's showbuilding isn't that complicated. 

I will be keen to see what they put inside the building - whether it be an extension of the jungle theme with props and animatronics or whether its just a dark shed.

3 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I will be keen to see what they put inside the building - whether it be an extension of the jungle theme with props and animatronics or whether its just a dark shed.

Jaggs has said in several of his videos that the shed will be hidden behind a large mountain structure (similar to what we've seen in the concept artwork) and it will be as tall as the structure of The Claw.

I suspect that since the queue and station is mostly inside this building, I suspect the jungle theme will be extensive within and it will carry through into the coaster too. In the video they showed at the announcement event, there was very extensive theming inside.

16 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

I think it would be safe to assume that it will happen 'in the coming weeks'.

I think it would be safe to assume, you have started drinking early today if you think footings will be poured over Christmas.

Edited by New display name

On 20/12/2023 at 4:49 PM, New display name said:

sounds like a dumb joke

It was for SkyVoyager, when DW spent a good 6 months announcing the opening date as 'in the coming weeks'.  This then became the standard DW unit of time measurement for every DW announcement.  Sea World even used it a few times for various Atlantis openings, which always ended up being several months away from the 'coming weeks' announcement.

But in regard to @Tricoart saying 'some time in January', I took that to mean in January, not by January.  I was expecting footings to be poured and track to arrive about a month from now (late January) or possibly later - hence 'in the coming weeks'.

• 4 weeks later...

I do find it just a little absurd that today we find it easier to build massive slabs of theming in a foreign country and then ship it and put it together locally, than to bring the skilled artisans and tradespeople to the park and do it onsite. 

I mean, I guess it's quicker because you can have the walls built before the area is ready for them and it goes up quicker, but it still just feels wrong to be making it all elsewhere.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, New display name said:

So if the link ever gets broken.

Jungle Rush, manufactured by rollercoaster giant, Vekoma, is set to be the first of its kind in Australia, with the ride design supporting multiple different cycle paths. This has never been seen before in Australia and is only the first of a series of ground-breaking features being offered in the new precinct.
Today marks a momentous occasion as Dreamworld officially begins construction on its highly anticipated Rivertown precinct, following months of demolition and site preparations. Rivertown is destined to become the most thematic and experiential land ever delivered by the iconic Gold Coast theme park.
Rivertown is set to redefine family entertainment with a spectacular array of attractions, featuring the centrepiece ride, Jungle Rush – a thrilling new family rollercoaster that promises to be an immersive adventure for visitors of all ages. This, along with a host of other attractions, contributes to Rivertown's commitment to providing a brand-new theme park experience for families.         (Jaggs Jouneys)

1.thumb.jpg.861d1a62b375dcec3cc645694a0de61c.jpg2.thumb.jpg.d0c7fe033964529a84907c3a13c116e7.jpg3.thumb.jpg.e10a61e084b8e8ebf2b0749756d0c398.jpg4.thumb.jpg.758a0b46d0e825f571fb697dddb05d90.jpg5.thumb.jpg.23884ecbb5b1b70f71fa045a4f7d5df2.jpg6.thumb.jpg.8bd711bdad18bf05a59a7a74a75ef90a.jpg7.thumb.jpg.3b8c7394f283724f0a3d533a4eb6b4d1.jpg8.thumb.jpg.49edea1fd28510ecd93209da2dd887bb.jpg9.thumb.jpg.6947485e78b7f7c657f6d5d0c6043495.jpg10.thumb.jpg.067a81b3a0172436e66e8021c13c5424.jpg

Looks great. Thanks for sharing. I just hope Dreamworld keep up the ongoing maintenance and theme in a good way.

Edited by mattcrombie

On 22/1/24 at 10:16 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I do find it just a little absurd that today we find it easier to build massive slabs of theming in a foreign country and then ship it and put it together locally, than to bring the skilled artisans and tradespeople to the park and do it onsite. 

I mean, I guess it's quicker because you can have the walls built before the area is ready for them and it goes up quicker, but it still just feels wrong to be making it all elsewhere.

Much cheaper to build if you can use labour at a fraction of the cost of doing it in australia with all the labour laws and costs that come with it

A Gold Coast theme park has began construction on a precinct which they say will “redefine family entertainment”, including a new roller coaster.

Dreamworld announced on Tuesday they were beginning construction on their new Rivertown precinct, which was a part of their $55 million investment into the theme park. 

Rivertown will include a new family rollercoaster called the Jungle Rush.

Dreamworld CEO Greg Yong said the precinct would also include a remake on the popular Vintage Cars attraction at the theme park – to be called Murrissippi Motors. 

“Rivertown is a testament to our commitment to innovation and creating unforgettable experiences for our guests,” he said. 

“This precinct represents the culmination of meticulous planning and creativity.

“It’s the crowning jewel in our $55 million investment in Dreamworld, and really demonstrates our dedication to bringing world-class experiences to the Gold Coast.” 

The Jungle Rush was set to be the first of its kind in Australia because of its ride design which included different cycle paths.

“Jungle Rush will be Dreamworld’s largest-ever investment in a single attraction, so it really is one for the record books.” 

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/dreamworld-begin-construction-on-rivertown-precinct-which-includes-new-ride-jungle-rush/news-story/88b709c32c908d6054e1bf6e439048ff?fbclid=IwAR3QPSLkDC6zqf7rvIwzQgXpL2QY2EfX-Q4htSEOlhywp-hD54ve5imSBMc_aem_AbyE2L1-Ut-A2WHv7DcTp01A1SoBtqMOFLyQLhT3FZqsX7i3VieAu-DysOSKJBwLI3s