Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

5 hours ago, New display name said:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.jpg.6fdb2621820d64cbd9c8b6c775960f2f.jpg

If they can pull this off, WOW WOW WOW. This render actually gives me Disney/Universal vibes in their concept artworks. The detail in it is amazing and I truly hope they can pull this off because this will revolutionise theme parks in Australia and I honestly never thought it was going to be Dreamworld that did that.

In my mind, Movie World (and maybe even Sea World) has always been the park to do that. In recent years MW hasn’t leant into that immersion and I hope with Wizard of Oz that changes. Sea World did a good job at it over ten years ago with Castaway Bay (when it opened) and Leviathans queue and station has also stepped things up a notch (it’s a shame that Atlantis as a whole didn’t).

And to give Dreamworld some credit, when Dreamworks first opened, they did a good job with it. And I think Tiger Island is still the most well themed area of any Australian theme park, but based off what we’ve seen, if Dreamworld go all out with the story and detailing of the whole land that is Rivertown, this could be unlike anything we’ve seen. 

We already knew this from the lands plan, but it’s great to see (in a concept artwork) the two attractions interacting with each other. It will be such a joyful moment to be driving on of the cars and having the coaster travel past you. And having massive set pieces like this plane will be spectacular. 

The last concept artwork of the Jungle Rush entry was impressive, but looking at it again a few times, I definitely think it’s underselling what it will actually be (which could be a good thing). Hopefully they aren’t overselling with this concept artwork, and maybe it is if the budget begins to get blown, but I truly hope they go all out because this land will become the flagship attraction for Dreamworld, maybe even for the Gold Coast theme parks. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Naazon said:

I mean with such a major prop piece, they wouldn't show renders of it it they didn't have it already planned, budgeted and purchased.

Yeah but my worry is that it’ll be a plane plonked on a slab of concrete. At that point may as well just put a lawn on it and a few bushes instead of the plane. As I said the concept art looks too good to be true - and in most cases for parks it is. We’ve never really seen something at that level of detail in Australia, let alone at dreamworld, so there’s no precedent to follow. 

Happy to eat my own words if construction photos prove otherwise though

Edited by Baconjack

You certainly can't fault Greg's vision. A well themed family coaster is something we pretty much all agreed would be ideal for DW. And making it a semi dark ride is the icing on the cake. So glad he is placing such a big emphasis on theming and practical effects 

• Like 3

On 09/02/2024 at 9:47 AM, red dragin said:

Good to see this openly being discussed, rather than the "there is no coaster (spoon)" like MW did for DC Rivals when Greg was there. 

I mean, the World's Smallest Microphone made many appearances throughout the build, but it was a lot more restricted back then. It is entirely possible however that the rumour of a suicide squad theme was cancelled post-TRRR, and they were quite tight about theme and such because they hadn't yet nailed down what they were going to do instead. 

DC Rivals is, IMO, a poor theme.

On 11/02/2024 at 2:52 AM, daltma10 said:

The theming and the direction seems great and all, but, do we have a track and support colour yet? All artworks released show either brown, yellow, or orange. I reckon the colour of the ride itself will impact the theming.

I think we'll see a mix. Everything we've seen so far has indicated a blended look that will have an appearance more akin to 'train' track (think Big Thunder) than coaster track - i'm hopeful that means it'll be well themed and not just a standard, bright track.

On 11/2/2024 at 3:52 AM, daltma10 said:

The theming and the direction seems great and all, but, do we have a track and support colour yet? All artworks released show either brown, yellow, or orange. I reckon the colour of the ride itself will impact the theming.

There’s footage of the jungle rush turntable being tested in the Netherlands if you look far enough back on this thread.

The track/support colour (orange track grey supports iirc) look similar enough to the artwork that’s been released, so it could what they might be shipping everything to dreamworld in.

Edited by Baconjack

3 hours ago, Baconjack said:

There’s footage of the jungle rush turntable being tested in the Netherlands if you look far enough back on this thread.

The track/support colour (orange track grey supports iirc) look similar enough to the artwork that’s been released, so it could what they might be shipping everything to dreamworld in.

Yeah, I somehow thought it was known that was it’s colour scheme (ig from the testing & concept art), hence:

Kinda interesting how both DW & MW have ended up with new themed areas based on 1 family-thrill Vekoma that’s the same colour scheme as their last major thrill coaster (of which, both were Mack, both with gimmick seats) & 1 smaller-scale supporting ride, with Pico Play collaborating in design & manufacturing of thematic elements, both set to open around the same time during holidays this year.

There’s so many coincidental/unintentional parallels going on with the parks recently (or at least, ones that I’m making up).

Don’t hate if it does end up having that colour scheme, same reason I don’t hate the SFC having its’ colour scheme. Both could definitely have chosen colours that fit their themes a bit better, but ig “If it ain’t broke, copy it down to the family coaster”.

Edited by Tricoart