The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

Their social media comments say its closed for the week, the news is reporting its closed today, the rides have been taken off the maintenance schedule with tags saying they're open, but Trident still says 'closed due to high winds' on its landing page whilst the websites homepage says 'Ride It Now' for Leviathan. 

• Love it! 1

11 hours ago, dbo121 said:

So how much money, talks of safety and this has duct tape on it still ? I find this very funny but questionable. For example in weather could start deteriorating and cause a hazardous situation.

4AA1E085-7AD9-4D2C-B687-0035E40B4DA4.jpeg

Is that duct tape though? 

What I can see are the pads attached to beams that are in proximity to the train, which are fastened on the back with fairly wide straps. That's what I can see here, not duct tape.

19 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Is that duct tape though? 

What I can see are the pads attached to beams that are in proximity to the train, which are fastened on the back with fairly wide straps. That's what I can see here, not duct tape.

Well if it quacks like a duck.. no it looks like a strap but it is not consistently elsewhere . Appears temporary  and should have been removed prior to opening .

Time will tell if it disappears…

Edited by dbo121
Grammar

17 minutes ago, dbo121 said:

Well if it quacks like a duck.. no it looks like a strap but it is not consistently elsewhere . Appears temporary  and should have been removed prior to opening .

Are you talking about the pad attached to the structure? There are multiple of them on the ride in areas the train comes close to the support structure. Temporary? No. Should it be removed? No.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rivals said:

did no one else notice the pad going up the lift hill? I’m guessing the pads are placed where the train comes too close and they are there just incase someone has their hands up and hits it. 

356F4268-B937-4DB3-9F78-0DAA6050AC37.thumb.jpeg.085c92397f24645c6f21e187519530e4.jpeg

Definitely not there for a “just in case” someone puts their hands up.

There should be no section of the ride envelope that comes into contact with anyone at any time.

20 minutes ago, New display name said:

What clearance issues does Lev have?

He's not saying it does, he's saying that Busch were quick to act, and transparent about the issues were that tainted Iron Gwazi (clearance issues on the wave turn), and he wishes that Sea World did the same for Levi. 

Edit: Good news, they've updated the main website for New Atlantis. Bad news, all they've done is remove the part about Trident being closed for winds, meaning (according to the main page), all 3 rides are open.
1001593021_Screenshot(68).thumb.png.004e48ebc973d9ffbe50bf62678f4930.png

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

There's about 4 different groups in the media that have entered the park not knowing that the attractions are closed.

Seaworld are not doing a good job here.

Who are the 4?

1 minute ago, Naazon said:

I saw someone driving the wrong way down a one way street. Some people can't be helped dude.

But reversing is ok.

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Probably installed to protect workers or people being evacuated from the ride from cutting their head open.

Just to clarify, these are in many places around the attraction. They're very clearly in parts you "might" be able to reach if you were outside "normal" dimensions. One of the banked turns deep within the structure (visible when you're sitting on the brake run) has these on all the angled overhead braces. 

It could just be out of an abundance of caution.