Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

36 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

it would have been nice for a small regional park to pick it up 

Unfortunately it would be unlikely as the ride is 60+ years old IIRC (Dreamworld got it second hand), and most parks have a ride like that.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Looked to me like a lot of the chains wrapped in and the crushed structure 

They disconnected the chairs and laid them out in a row when it was dismantled. This level of care with this element suggests that they were saving or salvaging the ride componentry. The ride surrounds and panels had been on the ride pad even after the mechanical elements had left - I would say you're only seeing the surrounds.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Here is our first look at the new Big Red Boat Coaster.

IMG_3616.thumb.jpeg.4c0e54e10dc4b1e766969f4d7ce72980.jpeg

(dw_goldenyears)

Here’s the whole segment (mentions all their upcoming projects & a timeline of them, plus includes a POV of Forest Flyer): 

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 4

Interesting that they have gone for the 64 seater model, also love the idea of all the fountains around the ride. The next few years are honestly going to be some of the most important years for Dreamworld. Starting with Sky Voyager really it has been a tremendous change (for the better), even with still heaps to go. I think honestly once Rivertown opens and everything is done Dreamworld will be the best it has been really since the early 2000's.

• Like 4

Just now, New display name said:

What does that mean for the Jungle coaster coming @DaptoFunlandGuy?

If we're going to criticise ride name\themes as being a bit sparse, we should start with all the existing ones that don't live up to their theme descriptors.

Last time I rode Storm it was a bright and sunny day with barely a light breeze...