Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

46 minutes ago, New display name said:

From July last year.

image.thumb.png.6a35e3a18a534ae3afc7fd184c249f56.png

Yeah, I pointed this out on several occasions during Nearmap updates - it's been there a while.

On 13/08/2020 at 7:35 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Nearmap has done another flyover of the gold coast at the beginning of August:

Wet N Wild - 1 August

image.png.e3ef2967f361e1cfc64724e7651f1500.png

Surfrider board sits behind Wild West Falls

Susprisingly, yes.

Here's a timeline for you:

• 02/07/2020 - Surfboard is still installed on Surfrider
  • 01/08/2020 - Surfboard appears on the South Western side of that particular maintenance building
  • 16/10/2020 - Surfboard disappears - not visible near any maintenance building nor on the grounds of WnW (as far as I can see)
  • 10/07/2021 - Surfboard reappears on the South Western side of that particular maintenance building
  • 13/11/2021 - Surfboard is moved to the North Eastern side of the same maintenance building

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 8:22 PM, REGIE said:

Might not be but some suspicious object has been spotting in the superman maintenance bay.  Looks a hell lot like one of the Surfrider seat assembly’s??

274A1609-3221-4D22-92D9-E12AFAFCE559.jpeg

On the money, that's definitely it. Visibly got the same OTSR's, here's to hoping that changes to the updated restraints on Timmy's Half-Pipe Havoc (lap bar) before opening.

1808095466_proof(1).thumb.png.fef12ac4120ef3b7e8ecc81230de3407.png

proof.thumb.png.1ff30b6f4ad9c55a133d630646df8bf3.png

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

Its always amazing how Movie World seem to (or just not care) think guests are blind on Superman and Scooby and just use them as a dumping ground for all sorts of ride crap that you can clearly see on ride. 

I don’t think an everyday guest would be looking at/for this type of stuff, it would be theme park enthusiasts spotting things like this. They go for the ride experience, not looking at storage below a ride going 0-100km. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gobbledok said:

Its always amazing how Movie World seem to (or just not care) think guests are blind on Superman and Scooby and just use them as a dumping ground for all sorts of ride crap that you can clearly see on ride. 

Unless the ride detours into the maintenance bay…. No one is seeing anything. Please don’t tell me you think that area of SE is part of the ride…

• Like 3

Have you ever ridden Superman? On the left as you launch and clear as day when you go through the building mid ride you can see all that stuff. 
A big green lantern car which are usually there is pretty damn visible to any guest and breaks the theme of the ride for sure. 

6 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

I see your point. Though most people are never going to see in SE maintenance bay there’s other areas ON the ride courses you can see unused crap. And that’s just a bit annoying 

Edited by REGIE

3 hours ago, rappa said:

Have you ever ridden Superman? On the left as you launch and clear as day when you go through the building mid ride you can see all that stuff. 
A big green lantern car which are usually there is pretty damn visible to any guest and breaks the theme of the ride for sure. 

At least 100 times, and I’ve never noticed it. Probably because I’m enjoying the ride and focusing on the experience rather than looking for what may or may not be visible in an obscured maintenance bay - which I have no doubt 99.9% of people are also doing 

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

4 hours ago, rappa said:

I have a few very GP friends that have noticed it without me pointing it out. Guests do notice that stuff. And it definitely takes away from the theme a bit.    
Btw what would be better?  A- leave superman exterior build how it is looking like a stage building or.   B- have the exterior building look like a metro station? 

I feel like B would look really good but then again the simple look is good too I guess? Maybe it hides the studio a bit 

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have thought it over and this is what I would love to happen with Surfrider. Unlikely to happen though.

Surfrider is themed to SuperGirl, who is saving people stuck inside Metropolis during the big earthquake while Superman is saving the people in the station as what happens now. Also unlikely to happen, but I would love a theming update where there are fake buildings places inside of the helixes as part of a new precinct called either "Superworld" or "Metropolis"

What do you think?

The helix area's a bit small to fit both SurfRider, it's entry/exit ramps, and 360° building facades (case in point, how it was originally being discussed as to if/how SurfRider's platform would be able to fit within the helix in the first place). And, if they were to fit facades in somehow, they'd look pretty disconnected from the rest of Superman's generic plaza, which I assume they'd want to keep generic if they're indeed connecting it to WoO. As for a Supergirl theme, I don't know what colour scheme they'd be able to give it aside from the same red & blue Superman's already got, and it'd be unremarkable at best if they got the same colours. Not to mention, giving it a theme that isn't distinct enough from it's 'parent' attraction could lead to it being viewed more like a Lil' Phantom/Lil' Devil Coaster/Formula Rossa Junior than like a Lex Luthor:/Zumanjaro: Drop Of Doom, if you know what I mean. Maybe that's the market they're wanting to go for, but adding a new family coaster'd only be a good move for the park for about a year, til it quickly become outdated once WoO & Scooby re/open.

Edited by Tricoart

• rappa locked this topic