Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

1 minute ago, themagician said:

So no Hooray for Hollywood this year?

A bit disappointing is HFH is being replaced by HVS. Instead of having multiple events MW just decide to do the same event multiple times in a year.

21 minutes ago, themagician said:

So no Hooray for Hollywood this year?

The Heroes and Villains has reappeared on the parks website home page as things to see and do, which made me think it was returning soon despite it only happening 6 months ago

IMG_5780.thumb.jpeg.9ab8505f60b126435a7ab2f499f27a06.jpeg

19 minutes ago, TBoy said:

A bit disappointing is HFH is being replaced by HVS. Instead of having multiple events MW just decide to do the same event multiple times in a year.

HFH will return in December this year.

June/July's Heroes and Villains will take place later in the arvo, new lighting show and so on. They're currently in the process of restoring the OG Main Street zipline for it as well.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

HFH will return in December this year.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm hoping that Surfrider will open before October TBH. I never got to ride it at Wet N Wild so will be good to finally ride it (can't go whenever I want due to me being in another state). I'm surprised the attraction hasn't been announced officially yet, however DCR wasn't until construction had well and truly started.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Zipline? What was that. 

Before the roof was added, a key part of the original parade was Batman would fly (on a zipline) from the start (Roxy Theatre exit) to end of Main Street (Hollywood Stunt Driver entry). This was removed when the roof was added. But during White Christmas events in previous years, has temporarily been installed for the fairy to fly down Main Street 

• Like 1

School holidays are just under 6 weeks away. It could be possible, but we would need to see the supports/column appear on site this week, be built in a week, then a week or two for electrical and setting up the systems, then that gives 3 weeks for testing and commissioning. If they really want the ride open for the Winter holidays, it might be possible, but I wouldn’t count on it

12 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Can confirm I have heard the same that H4H is going to be the summer event and H&V is returning next school holidays with extended trade.

If I remember correctly, June/July was the original run/time for the H&V event, and the parade worked really really well at night.

Edited by Naazon

15 minutes ago, Naazon said:

If I remember correctly, June/July was the original run/time for the H&V event, and the parade worked really really well at night.

Correct, the plan is to restore the event to its opening standard from what I hear.

Cautiously optimistic with the mixed bag of various things VRTP are doing lately.

• Like 1

Yeah this event was born out of the oroginal dc superheroes parade that saw the introduction of the more elaborate floats and lighting in main street

This was originally a june/july late trade dark event

Got slowly watered down in subsequent years

On 14/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, Rivals said:

could Surfrider be constructed and commissioned in time for the event? it would make sense to open a new DC coaster in a DC event, could it be why they swapped the events around? or is it impossible to get the ride open by the holidays. 

On 15/5/2023 at 7:05 AM, REGIE said:

If they move quickly which they seem to be doing and weather is all good I think they would be able too.  Depends if it needs to be fully recommissioned. And how many tests it has to do.

That was the original plan, but I hear there are some delays with this, which will most likely mean it not longer will hit the event deadline. That is why they swapped the event, but now have missed the mark anyway.

As far as I've heard, it will need to be fully recommissioned, as it's considered a new plant. The fact we haven't seen vertical work start yet, it's not looking promising.

On 15/5/2023 at 10:34 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Hopefully the joker loses some weight... ;)

IYKYK.

4 hours ago, ShakeShack said:

As far as I've heard, it will need to be fully recommissioned, as it's considered a new plant. The fact we haven't seen vertical work start yet, it's not looking promising.

Well to be fair surfrider was taken apart and removed from wet n wild overnight. It won't take long for this to go up

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • rappa locked this topic