Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

The longest part about Surfrider being installed within the Superman helix would be the recommissioning cycles required before it can take riders again. I'm just waiting to see where they put the queue and if any higher or extra fencing is needing around Superman. 

10 minutes ago, Prequel said:

Will the ride get a new colour scheme, what would you even theme this to. 

The only thing I could think of would be a Wonder Woman theme to her lasso of truth so colour could be yellow/golden perhaps 

Didn’t someone rumour it would be themed to flash? I remember someone posted that someone in the staff told them it was going to be themed to flash and the surf board would become a skate board.

seems like a bad clash if it’s true

Edited by REGIE

7 hours ago, themagician said:

My guess is Aquaman as that will avoid the need to repaint the ride as it underwent a repaint/refurb last year

This would make the ride even more of a lazy afterthought addition than it is right now.

”oh look it’s literally the surfboard ride from next door plonked at movie world!”

Edited by Baconjack

18 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Didn’t someone rumour it would be themed to flash? I remember someone posted that someone in the staff told them it was going to be themed to flash and the surf board would become a skate board.

seems like a bad clash if it’s true

Think it'd clash less than a 'Supergirl' theme would, but Dippin Dots guys don't get everything right so I'll remain hopeful that it's something more distinct. 

6 hours ago, themagician said:

It’s great they’re giving the ride a new chapter and adding another ride to MWs line up, but I hope they don’t cheap out on it. It would be a shame if the park dropped its standards on this.

You're putting a lot faith in Village, friend, but time will tell how well it was placed. I generally agree with the sentiment that this may well be a band-aid after the flak copped for recent ride outages, and a quick fix to help soak up crowds until the Scooby refurb and Oz opening. It is needed though, and I'm generally happy with the ride getting a new lease on life. They may spend the money on another refurb later (i.e. 2025), but if it's still in operable condition, wouldn't they want it open sooner rather than later?

As for the retheme, it would make the most sense to tie-in with the DCEU Justice League, and with a Flash film hitting cinemas in a couple months, I'd say he's the safest choice. Red track with yellow supports would clash less than the current colours, and I'll give Village the latitude to at least smack on a fresh coat of paint with the relaunch.

With groundwork now full steam ahead, an official announcement is surely imminent any day now?

Just now, Ogre said:

Whatever the theme, I wonder if they're going to try to tie it in to Superman's Escape's story (earthquake)

I hope it is themed to that, not just a generic ride with an IP slapped onto it with no story/theming like Six Flags.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

So Village went all out on Leviathan said they will be doing the same for wizard of oz and just deliveree a perfectly nice new marvin ride. 
But we have low expectations that they will cheap out for surfrider?

Yes. 

The ride has been down at Wet and Wild for a long time, I'm not really sure what's stopped them from moving the ride during that downtime, if it was so easy to just dismantle the ride.

What could they even do to dress this ride up? It's not a lot of space, it's located on a huge concrete slab, and they probably want the ride to be operating as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

If you zoom in on some of the photos shared, for example, you can see rusting on the loose item storage and fencing.

My concern is because this is a raised platform attraction, at WnW they had a lot of greenery to hide it and make the track the focus, but in this spot, it’s very exposed. So it hide it they’ll need to construct something around it because there’s not planting.

I worry it’s going to look like a travelling ride that’s been dropped into the middle of one of the parks best (and world class) attractions. 

• rappa locked this topic