Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

2 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

You probably should get out more, also the video literally shows the freshly painted section of track.

I get out every day, so I don't know what you are talking about, but I haven't been to MW for a year because MW isn't currently worth the ticket price.  I'm also not interested in watching a video of excuses.   What do they want me to do?  Feel sorry for them and throw them a fifty.

1 minute ago, New display name said:

I get out every day, so I don't know what you are talking about, but I haven't been to MW for a year because MW isn't currently worth the ticket price.  I'm also not interested in watching a video of excuses.   What do they want me to do?  Feel sorry for them and throw them a fifty.

Honestly a bag of rocks has more intelligence than you. You comment about something you're not interested in watching, yet you question was answered in the exact thing you're not interested in.

Also you don't need to pay to see the coaster.

4 hours ago, TBoy said:

Regarding with Doomsday "we are currently exploring options" seems that the ride ever opening is uncertain. It is likely they won't say anything and remove it later once WOZ is done based on the parks track record.

I’d say that Doomsday being removed is almost a certainty at this point. While at the park a couple of days ago, I noticed that the audio had been turned off around the Villains Unleashed area (because Movie World didn’t have enough areas without music already) and none of the effects were working. A temporary fence had also been set up around the base of DD, partially blocking the view of the attraction. The only other people in the area were what appeared to be MW/Village staff inspecting the site. Definitely a very eerie vibe, it felt like I wasn’t supposed to be there. At this point they might as well just close the whole area off, as it’s an embarrassment right now. 

5 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Honestly a bag of rocks has more intelligence than you. You comment about something you're not interested in watching, yet you question was answered in the exact thing you're not interested in.

Also you don't need to pay to see the coaster.

Bahaha, I committed on what @themagiciansaid. 

2 minutes ago, Noll_57 said:

I’d say that Doomsday being removed is almost a certainty at this point. While at the park a couple of days ago, I noticed that the audio had been turned off around the Villains Unleashed area (because Movie World didn’t have enough areas without music already) and none of the effects were working. A temporary fence had also been set up around the base of DD, partially blocking the view of the attraction. The only other people in the area were what appeared to be MW/Village staff inspecting the site. Definitely a very eerie vibe, it felt like I wasn’t supposed to be there. At this point they might as well just close the whole area off, as it’s an embarrassment right now. 

Watching a few videos from @Ogre shows nobody is past main street, anything above is a ghosttown. Hopefully something comes to replace it, the hypothetical replacement also utilising the showstage is a plus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, New display name said:

So it doesn't take 2 months to carry out the maintenance.  🤭

They repainted part of the section that needed to be done up while it was down, so they are just stopping. Photos freely available if you know where to look

They did indeed start repainting DC this year. The ride was testing frequently today (which surprised me as I hadn't read the news at the time haha)

Did it always make that noise on the loop?

Also speaking on Doomsday, no pics but you can see one of the removed counter weights (?) sitting back of house on the road leading to Paradise Country

3 hours ago, Ogre said:

They did indeed start repainting DC this year. The ride was testing frequently today (which surprised me as I hadn't read the news at the time haha)

Did it always make that noise on the loop?

It doesn't usually make that noise, but I imagine it's probably new wheels or adjustments to the wheel bogies, causing some wheels to rub some more. It'll likely go away after a few dozen cycles.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, New display name said:

I haven't seen any evidence MW have attempted to start to paint it.  Has anybody seen people painting it?

They've literally painted a section of the ride every year for the past several years in the downtime. After the first year, we were all like - what? it's not finished. then they did another section in the second year and we were like 'ohhhh, they're doing a bit every year'.

So on that alone its fair to assume they were planning on painting it again this year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

They've literally painted a section of the ride every year for the past several years in the downtime. After the first year, we were all like - what? it's not finished. then they did another section in the second year and we were like 'ohhhh, they're doing a bit every year'.

So on that alone its fair to assume they were planning on painting it again this year. 

Never said they weren't going to paint it.  I just wanted to know if MW started to paint it. Very simple question I thought.

Just now, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The park confirmed this year that they are repainting it in this post. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/ooZnsPBvRD8EqFUn/

This sudden reopening of DC Rivals just proves that Movie World is capable of quick maintenance times. If it reopens in the coming days it would be one of the quickest annual maintenance periods ever? If it opens before the 27th of May it won’t even have been closed for a month.

Is it possible that they’ve only completed the works on one train… maybe but this whole SE extended closure has proven that the park is capable and should at least set the standard for ride closures moving forward. (While they’re at it make Wild West Falls reopen earlier too!)

My Guess for the repainting works to recommence would probably be as soon as Fright Nights finish to just before White Christmas. I could also imagine the park would cancel the repaint all together, this must’ve been a costly decision.

26 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The park confirmed this year that they are repainting it in this post. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/ooZnsPBvRD8EqFUn/

This sudden reopening of DC Rivals just proves that Movie World is capable of quick maintenance times. If it reopens in the coming days it would be one of the quickest annual maintenance periods ever? If it opens before the 27th of May it won’t even have been closed for a month.

Is it possible that they’ve only completed the works on one train… maybe but this whole SE extended closure has proven that the park is capable and should at least set the standard for ride closures moving forward. (While they’re at it make Wild West Falls reopen earlier too!)

My guess for the repainting works to recommence would probably be as soon as Fright Nights finish to just before White Christmas. They don’t seem to have much planned maintenance scheduled at that time too. I could also imagine the park would cancel the repaint all together, this must’ve been a costly decision.

Heard a rumour floating around that MW were possibly thinking of getting rid of the hydraulic launch and replacing with lsm. They also mentioned that if that is the case there is a possibility they might get a spike similar to too thrill dragster. 
so basically just before the launch there is a section of switch track and the spike sticks out the top of the Dark section. 
id be more then happy for this if true.

32 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

so basically just before the launch there is a section of switch track and the spike sticks out the top of the Dark section. 

I'm not sure that would work without changing the dark section significantly, also I don't think a spike would fit inside the building. It would also damage the story, it wouldn't make sense for Superman to go backwards into the subway and up then back through the Subway,

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Heard a rumour floating around that MW were possibly thinking of getting rid of the hydraulic launch and replacing with lsm. They also mentioned that if that is the case there is a possibility they might get a spike similar to too thrill dragster. 
I'd be more then happy for this if true.

This was basically confirmed by the park to not be true. 

I was informed a while back that the Indrivetec LSM Stators that INTAMIN uses are capable to launch the train to 0-100 (allegedly 100kmh doesn't feel like it anymore) from a rolling start aka the train wouldn't stop at the launch for the countdown. 

But this replacement of the launch would create a lot of other issues for the ride. A - There just isnt enough space at all to fit a spike let alone the whole switch track mechanism. B - Clearance issues for the ride, the ride swoops through the building multiple times. A new launch system would result in new trains and these coaster trains are no longer made to be as low to the track as possible and now feature exposed seating. Even TT2 by Zampera has this new raised seating by setup similar to DC Rivals HyperCoaster. 

The other thing that I'm interested in is if they're getting INTAMIN out to also inspect and try to help them with Doomsday Destroyer and maybe something for FSF... seems like a long trip for one ride.

Basically, I could see this coming like this coming to the ride once WoZ & Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster open.

2 hours ago, TV15 said:

The other thing that I'm interested in is if they're getting INTAMIN out to also inspect and try to help them with Doomsday Destroyer and maybe something for FSF...

They already had Intamin out for FSF a bit ago, and I don’t think it’s breaking either companies’ banks to send some engineers over again.

4 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

100% not happening. No room for it, and for the most part Superman is actually very reliable (especially for an Accelerator). This is actually the first major issue the ride has had since opening, given it's nearly 20 years old... that's a pretty damn good track record. If it aint broke, don't fix it. (But this time, please fix it Intamin!)

• Like 1