The Off Topic Topic

Just curious if anyone here has road that Mount Everest coaster at Walt Disney world? Just keen on what your experience was like on it? Hopefully i'll get around to riding it one day.

Yes Jakev8 I have been on Expedition Everest several times. It's quite thrilling, probably the most thrilling coaster Disney has built IMHO. It has some fierce drops, a great backwards part in the dark & a huge animatronic Abominable Snowman. The theming is everything you expect from Disney & this attraction doesn't disappoint. :)

Yes Jakev8 I have been on Expedition Everest several times. It's quite thrilling, probably the most thrilling coaster Disney has built IMHO. It has some fierce drops, a great backwards part in the dark & a huge animatronic Abominable Snowman. The theming is everything you expect from Disney & this attraction doesn't disappoint. :)

sweet thanks for your reply mate :D

Had the pleasure of visiting Werribee Open Range Safari the other week and was really blown away by their themeing.

On Friday, I had the weird satisfaction of experiencing Cohunu Koala Park, here in Perth, and then got mugged by a dingo at Armadale's Reptile and Wildlife Sanctuary (which was actually pretty cool).

Cohunu has to top the cake when it comes to bizarre experiences and themeing. They have a set of scorpion statutes by a lake full of birds, free roaming farm animals throughout the park and a large variety of dinosaur statues (with a T-Rex fallen by the entrance). They also have a faded photograph of Michael Jackson, from when he visited there.

I think I'll let the pictures describe the situation. On the bright side, they did have a working miniature train you could ride. Oh, and birds that eat popcorn. Quite the surreal experience.

post-2597-0-29405900-1429444382_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-75044400-1429444504_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-62889800-1429444612_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-16173400-1429444727_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-13792200-1429444816_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-39941100-1429444973_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-03728500-1429445095_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-75481700-1429445223_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-69454300-1429445333_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-63002600-1429445479_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-91589200-1429445558_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-17718300-1429445672_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-89737300-1429445825_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-53168800-1429445964_thumb.jp

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who runs the "Theme Park Social Network" on Facebook?

Have observed over time that they seem to have an obvious bias for the VRTP, despite having a name which suggests they cover all theme parks. They very rarely post about Dreamworld.

Also they posted this morning encouraging people to visit Seaworld today, despite the fact the Gold Coast is on flood watch atm as it has been bucketing down rain non-stop. I posted a comment about how it's probably not such a good idea today but they deleted it lol.

Is it run by a VRTP employee?

^Despite the bad spelling grammar, I don't think it is a teenager. There are photos of a man on a number of photos of him with characters, or him visiting different parks across the world. I have also seen him at MW before taking photos. I would say he must have some connections with VRTP because sometimes he has posted behind the scenes photos. I'd recommend that he changes the name to 'The Movie World, Sea World and Disneyland Social Network'

I've been calculating recently how much the prices of several coasters are worth in today's money.

Cyclone (when installed at LPS)

7 million in 1995- 11.9 million today (nearly the same cost as Abyss)

Thunderbolt

3.3 million in 1982- 10.8 million today

Sea Viper

2 million in 1982- 6.6 million today

Does someone really think that LPS will invest $12 million into their next coaster? I don't think so.

LPS will never have another coaster. the BIG DIPPER was removed becouse it made to much noise

Edited by JeffreyMoore

I think the courts have settled that issue though.

I'm fairly confident if Leighton were to propose building a new coaster, provided the necessary consultations and considerations were made, they'd get the go ahead. I don't honestly think a few whinging residents would be able to stop it if thats what leighton wanted to do.

They do need to built a decent coaster as a drawcard... but keeping peace with the neighbours is important...

LPS was taken to court by the neighbours of the park in 1996 due to the noise the big dipper made witch lead to the park been closed down.

when the park was given permission to reopen one of the conditions was that the big dipper be removed from the park.

i have never heard anything about tho's conditions been changed or there ever been any plans for a new coaster at LPS

LPS was taken to court by the neighbours of the park in 1996 due to the noise the big dipper made witch lead to the park been closed down.

when the park was given permission to reopen one of the conditions was that the big dipper be removed from the park.

i have never heard anything about tho's conditions been changed or there ever been any plans for a new coaster at LPS

You need to update your information on LPS, as it is a outdated and inaccurate. Take the time to acquaint yourself with several threads concering the park on the forums to set this aright.

You are right about one thing though-there have never been PUBLIC plans for a new coaster at LPS that we know of.

That certainly does not mean that they could not install another one, if the park was willing. Given the legislation that has been enacted to protect LPS from further court cases arising from noise issues, it is quite conceivable that LPS could install a new compact coaster any time they wished, as long as proper planning permits have been actioned ( They certainly do not need another Hair Raiser fiasco!)

We DO know that LPS have a long term 5 year plan to upgrade their ride offering and that the installation of Hair Raiser was the genesis of this plan. Its quite reasonable to speculate that a new coaster of some sort could be tied in this long term vision.

^Precisely - you refer to a court case almost 20 years ago.

LPS in it's current form was born again around 2004 when Wonderland closed - a lot of WL park staff jumped ship over to them when they took up operations again. As Jobe says there has been far more action on the legal front since 1996, with most of it settled in the favour of the park.

As I intimated in my last post - i'm sure LPS wants to do as much as they can to 'keep the peace' with whinging neighbours, whilst still developing the park... which they have every legal right to do provided they meet the necessary planning and development obligations (something they goofed with Hair Raiser)

• rappa locked this topic