The Off Topic Topic

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

While it is funny to make puns and jokes about the situation, remember someone has died and wont be returning to their family.

And that's duely noted. If I thought for one second that a family/friend/colleague of the employee was active on this forum I would not have made the comment. 

My comment was regarding the irony of the location

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

And that's duely noted. If I thought for one second that a family/friend/colleague of the employee was active on this forum I would not have made the comment. 

My comment was regarding the irony of the location

^Same goes for me, I should have considered what I was saying and did not mean to appear thoughtless and/or uncaring. My thoughts go towards his friends and family.

13 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Another off topic question. Could someone with near map access please share a photo of how the development is progressing on the old Myer site at coorparoo?

An address would be handy for those who dont know where it is - thankfully the Brisbane Times came to the rescue. I assume its this one here?

12 January 2016

myer coorparoo.png

1459841616305.png

^Looks like someone got creative at 3aw.....;) http://www.3aw.com.au/news/melbourne-needs-a-new-proper-theme-park-20160405-gnz39t.html

44 minutes ago, grrofunger said:

The article makes it sound as if there is actually a rumor that disneyland is coming to melbourne.......which there isn't.....
In reality all they are discussing is the possibility of building a themepark in melbourne; kinda what we do on these forums haha. Which in my opinion is completely plausible. A themepark in Melbourne can work; either seasonal or year round. The weather argument is not even valid. Both Funfields and Adventure Park (both basically outdoor waterparks) operate seasonally, yet can both break attendance records every year, continue to invest in more rides/slides and grow successfully as a business.

6 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

How small do they think Mickey's Wheel is?!?!

After a quick google search, the size of the mickey's wheel is about right in that crudely photoshopped image. Mickey's Fun Wheel is 49m tall, The Melbourne Star is 120m tall. So mickey's should be just under half the size of the star. As for those loops though!?!?!

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I can't remember if they has been brought up somewhere else, or if this has only just been added, but the monorail at SW is closed for quite a long maintenance period: 25 April reopening Sunday 31 July 2016.

Converting it to a dark ride walk-through isn't just an overnight process....

23 hours ago, downunder196 said:

The elevator ride up has to be the best I've seen anywhere in the world.

Haha, or one of the worst I've seen if you're an elevator phobe like me. Yeahhhh no thanks! I find the one in Q1 hard enough to swallow when I do occasionally get dragged up there with family. The less I see, the better ???

7 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Haha, or one of the worst I've seen if you're an elevator phobe like me. Yeahhhh no thanks! I find the one in Q1 hard enough to swallow when I do occasionally get dragged up there with family. The less I see, the better ???

My wife is claustrophobic and we went up Q1. About half way some smart ass goes "has anyone seen 'Speed". It was all I could do to stop there being a murder! 

• rappa locked this topic