The Off Topic Topic

So its my last day at TAFE doing my electrical pre-app and we were wiring up control pannel to 3-phase motors. While doing this I realised I just wired up the electrical components for a ride. On/off switch, emergency stop, all internal electrical stuff and then the 3-phase parts and motor. All I wanted to do was to put something on the end and then have my own little ride. :)

14256800_554840681377917_640273236_n.jpg

Edited by Tim Dasco

Worth noting this deal

Free tickets for WNW Sydney Opening Weekend (Optus Perks/Customers)
Get the summer started with up to 4 free tickets to the Wet’n’Wild Sydney opening weekend party on Saturday 24 or Sunday 25 September. With special DJ performances and much more! 
Locations: NSW 
Offer dates: 15 September 2016 until stocks last

https://www.optusperks.com.au/events?cm_re=Home+Page-_-SB10-_-wnwAu

Just thought I'd put it out there that I'll no longer be doing articles for Planet Six. Seems there has been a bit of a miscommunication somewhere and they were expecting exclusive use of my photos, thus there has been some discontent over them being recently used in articles featured on other sites such as Parkz and Ausparks. As I'm not prepared to offer that and would prefer to retain 100% exclusiveness and control over my own content, we have mutually agreed to part ways.

A bit if a shame, but I guess these things happen. I'd like to be able to keep sharing my pics for sites like this to utilise. 

Edited by Theme Park Girl

@iwerks it was on a voluntary basis, so no. I was initially told that one of the advantages of such a role would be being added to a media database for MW so that I get to attend media and VIP events on their behalf, however they were unsuccessful last week with their first attempt to have me attend the DC Super-Villains launch this Sat night. To be honest I was fairly skeptical from the beginning that it would even be an option for me, but I continued doing articles for them anyway as I was enjoying being a correspondent for a US website (essentially helping to promote our parks to overseas audience).

They seemed ok with me posting my photos on my own page... believe me, I would have kicked up a massive stink otherwise! ;) But they were unhappy with them being published on other sites, which I'm generally ok with, so long as credit is given. Using my watermarked photos in my articles was also frowned apon, they preferred that I used raw ones -_-

Meh. I think I'll just stick to my FB blog for now, it does a good enough job I think :)

Just thought I'd post a follow up on regards to the whole policy on taking photos inside theme park shops. I dropped into guest services earlier today at MW for a bit of a chat about it. I mentioned the incident last weekend when I was scolded by one particular staff member whilst filming a live stream inside the new DC store.

A phone call was made to the head retail managers, and it was confirmed from up above that it's actually 100% allowed, so long as not photos of on-ride preview screens. 

I received an apology on their behalf for the incident on Saturday, and was informed that they are now sending out memos to all the retail outlets to inform staff that it's fine for guests to photograph inside outlets.

I was also told to let them know if it happens again, so they can follow up accordingly with certain staff members who giving out incorrect information.

They said that whilst they did once have rules in place years ago against photos and video for such things, they have long since relaxed them, given that times have changed in the way of social media and modern technology, and everyone is essentially carrying a camera with them everywhere these days. 

So there you go, for future reference. Debate over ?

1 hour ago, iwerks said:

I love the fact that they apologised. Did the people at guest services know who you are? It's not like you haven't got any evidence of who did it. 

I can't speak highly enough for MW guest service team, they have been proactive, helpful and a delight to deal with the few times I've had queries or issues in park. 

Since this is the off topic thread, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there's massive race riots in the city of Charlotte North Carolina, home of cedar fairs park carowinds, and is in a state of full emergency. Looks nuts but i wonder how this impacts on the park in a situation like this.

Edited by Aw hype

• rappa locked this topic