2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

Yer, the fencing just blocks off the bus bay from the public. So the grass areas and the road entrance into the bus bay. The buses now park outside Whitewater World in a now 'dedicated' bus zone. But from what I have heard in the rumor mill from multiple people; it is a roller coaster. But what's going to fit into that place? I guess that will just be the loading and unloading and then the coaster would utilize more space. As for the Chalk Zone area (I didn't get too good of a look there) but some vegetation has been begun to be removed. And did anyone notice that the arcade has had a repaint to an orange on the outside (well is still being repainted since Saturday) and is now done up on the inside.

I'm really impressed with Dreamworld at the moment. A LOT of work is being done on the buildings within the park, and while I don't think we'll see anything huge built this year, I'm sure the additions will win over the locals and tourists. The enthusiasts, however, will still be asking for a B&M. :P

But what's going to fit into that place? I guess that will just be the loading and unloading and then the coaster would utilize more space.

The bus parking area is roughly equivalent in size to the "main" bit of Motocoaster where all the figure 8s are. Reptar would also fit entirely in the bus parking. Gives you some idea anyway.

As long as it has good theming to it and fits its area and not something just slapped down, and that goes for both rides, It does appear that DW have been making an effort. (has anyone checked out the lion exhibit area yet?) Is there enough room for a Euro Fighter? Obliviously with being at the very edge of the park they want the public to see it when driving along the M1.

I don't think anyone really has a clue on the manufacturer... well unless they actually know and are being sly. Dreamworld has coasters by both Intamin AND Vekoma. They are locked in to Intamin for the ToT mod so that doesn't really tell us anything, and given Moto was a bust wouldn't be surprised if that put them off Intamin. It's like if MW were building a new ride, they have used Intamin, Vekoma, Mack, Kumbak, so you really can't judge just from past purchases..

Just thinking, if I were in the theme park business, I would be purchasing rides at the moment, putting options on my future models, and getting the contracts signed now. With the AUD exceeding the USD, it's a good time to be securing future investments from international sources. Edit: Punctuation

Edited by ads086

It's best not to say who my source is, and I am not saying this to blabber that I know something you don't and I'm not saying this is 100% correct. But a friend of mine lives with someone who is involved with Dreamworld (its all I'm willing to say) and they have seen 5 proposed plans for the major thrill ride and all of them includes inversions. Also one of them has a very familiar Euro-Fighter first drop look to it. I don't mean to say this to blabber and show off please don't take it that way, but I have only just received confirmation that I can share this. Then again those are only 5 proposed plans from January so they could be taken with a grain of salt...

Edited by Linus1995

I would highly doubt that... Then again, I've never been on the business end of one of these deals. However, I'd imagine you'd finalise something like a roller coaster 6+ months out. Remember, these parks have 10+ year plans, and while those DO change, I'd imagine they'd have a fairly good idea about what's happening 6-24 months out.

You may be surprised Ash how quickly these plans can change and how fluid they often are in such a volatile industry. Before I began working in theme parks it was just as amazing to see how tiny a lead time big special events have on them and how last minute changes are made. This on projects that from the outside would look like they have months to be put together. Same often happens within theme parks as well.

I can understand that the theme park industry is fast-paced and things will change quickly in reaction to competition, revenue/attendance and a lot of additional factors. However, I would think that a large project (like a roller coaster, for example) would be finalised by now? What lead time would you say a large project normally has?