Green Lantern Coaster

joz

So does this mean were not going to see anything of Looney Tunes this year and there going to wait until next or will they be like DW and do two new attractions this year?? Also with the new attraction at the front if thats what it is... does this mean the LTRR is just going to be fully refurbished and opened and marketed as an updated version for the 20th birthday or completely redone for the 20th birthday?? So many questions! But I guess that means that this year my hope for a complete re-do of LW with new trains and maybe fire :P ain't gonna happen!! Or the hope that the show stage will get a new big show and some more love up towards the Wild West area!! <_< I am surprised though since this is their 20th birthday and their not marketing it harder like DW and same goes for SW surprised their not marketing their birthday harder. I gotta admit though I did not see that one coming!!!

Edited by Original

So does this mean were not going to see anything of Looney Tunes this year and there going to wait until next or will they be like DW and do two new attractions this year?? Also with the new attraction at the front if thats what it is... does this mean the LTRR is just going to be fully refurbished and opened and marketed as an updated version for the 20th birthday or completely redone for the 20th birthday?? So many questions! But I guess that means that this year my hope for a complete re-do of LW with new trains and maybe fire :P ain't gonna happen!! Or the hope that the show stage will get a new big show and some more love up towards the Wild West area!! <_< I am surprised though since this is their 20th birthday and their not marketing it harder like DW and same goes for SW surprised their not marketing their birthday harder. I gotta admit though I did not see that one coming!!!

Could be the LTRR refurb or redo - not sure as last I heard the boats were put in storage on the concrete slab used for the SAW Halloween mazes - they're probably gonna refurb it or if not, completely redo it.

From Thrillz Facebook page "Thanks to Randy Waerea our newest team member here on thrillz we have some info about things maybe happening to beloved rides at Warner Bros. Movie World. Batman the Adventure Ride may be closing to make way for a new improved ride/attraction. And Lethal Weapon may be getting a major refurb! News as it comes...First Here on Thrillz" Care to fill us in on this Randy, what juicy gossip you have???

With all the rumours about Looney Tunes River Ride, Lethal Weapon and Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 being replaced, refurbished etc., i'm just wondering why it is a complete coincidence that these are the only three rides currently featured in the 'Attractions Maintenance' page of Movie World's website: "The LOONEY TUNES River Ride is closed until further notice. LETHAL WEAPON will be closed for scheduled maintenance 3 - 15 May 2011 inclusive. BATMAN Adventure - The Ride 2 will be closed for scheduled maintenance 16 May - 26 June 2011 inclusive." I do notice that Lethal Weapon's scheduled maintenance is over according to the website so if it is getting a major refurb they probably have already started and now refurbing the theming and pre-ride entertainment (esp since they have closed the Lethal Weapon shop, the walkway between the Lethal Weapon and Superman Escape & the pre-ride stuff). Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 has started its maintenance & will finish it for now so I presume it won't be closed down unless they do something like with Bermuda Triangle. Does it really take 1 month to maintain Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 normally? Unless the 1 month time period is due to the construction out front. As for Looney Tunes River Ride, it could be refurbed or replaced. Who knows? Woo! My 100th post...lol

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

With all the rumours about Looney Tunes River Ride, Lethal Weapon and Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 being replaced, refurbished etc., i'm just wondering why it is a complete coincidence that these are the only three rides currently featured in the 'Attractions Maintenance' page of Movie World's website: "The LOONEY TUNES River Ride is closed until further notice. LETHAL WEAPON will be closed for scheduled maintenance 3 - 15 May 2011 inclusive. BATMAN Adventure - The Ride 2 will be closed for scheduled maintenance 16 May - 26 June 2011 inclusive." I do notice that Lethal Weapon's scheduled maintenance is over according to the website so if it is getting a major refurb they probably have already started and now refurbing the theming and pre-ride entertainment (esp since they have closed the Lethal Weapon shop, the walkway between the Lethal Weapon and Superman Escape & the pre-ride stuff). Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 has started its maintenance & will finish it for now so I presume it won't be closed down unless they do something like with Bermuda Triangle. Does it really take 1 month to maintain Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 normally? Unless the 1 month time period is due to the construction out front. As for Looney Tunes River Ride, it could be refurbed or replaced. Who knows? Woo! My 100th post...lol

I call shenanigans !

yup! just because the Batride may be a little dead in it's current incarnation doesn't mean there aint life in the ol'girl yet. For example, take a look at what's happening over at Disney with Star Tours right now? Before I am shot down with comparisons people, keep in mind our own great MW Simulator Attraction was originally spurred on by the success of attractions like Star Tours and Back to the Future... In it's day our original (Penguin/Catwoman) themed version was surprisingly often compared (by guests and staff) and favoured over it's fancy U.S. big brother's. Perhaps a nifty twist like 3d and/or multiple programming could give this attraction the long standing life the Bat franchise deserves? Time will tell I guess

I am very excited about MW getting a new attraction, of course, in my heart I hope for another great coaster. It is a real shame they refuse to fix lethal weapon though, as the layout is non stop action and fun, it's just so painful. How much are the vekoma replacement trains with the new restraints that would make LW a decent coaster?

I wouldn't mind something like this being built at MW, either for this new attraction or to replace the LTRR. I mean what a great family attraction for everyone and world class, I don't care if down the road is getting a new coaster and everyone gets into a coaster race "I have more than you" I want something for the whole family to do when at the parks and done properly!! Also I think its something TPR were pointing out that more rides like this would really put it on the map!! Some how though I think this on a Disney scale could be completely out of the budget :P But I mean hey they've been able to do things in-house before and bring the cost right down i.e. BT!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIarm5FEQXI&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by Original

A friend of mine does part time work with one of the construction people working on this... Not sure if this is what I have heard about as I know the plans were for the other side of the carpark but main roads were kicking up a stink... If it is though and they have moved it to keep the peace, looks like MW and DW are heading in a very similar direction with their additions this year...

What one gets a X-coaster, the other Euro Fighter? Or both X-Coaster.... another MDMC and JR/Tornado and Green Room over again. I understand that its not one trying to keep up with the other, what you do, we do better, they both have the same idea and because these things take their time they will have been exploring these rides for some time. But my god its like they've got clones of one another working at each park, its a shame that the parks come up with a new idea, but the other just happens to be thinking the same thing! Thats if this is the same!!

That was my exact thoughts when I saw the pictures for DW's X Coaster. Have to admit though, the footage I have seen of what MW may be adding (if it is what they were planning elsewhere) will outdo DW. Again, only if it is what they were planning for the other side of the carpark earlier this year. (And no not a Eurofighter)

Edited by Wyncenuros

Have to admit though, the footage I have seen of what MW may be adding (if it is what they were planning elsewhere) will outdo DW.

Surprise ;) One thing I am pleased about is DW's decision not to go with another Intamin ride this time, especially after the disaster that was Motocoaster (although Sea World's version was a big improvement). Good to see a bit of manufacturer variety. Hopefully MW will go with a new company too... I certainly have more faith that they will make a good choice regardless

Well not every ride on HRRR is smooth people have been saying that on a couple of the trains the ride is almost unbearable.

Oh I have not heard that… I rode it about a month after opening, so it was nice and fresh. But with the state of some coasters here in Australia, you have to worry how well a nice X-car would get looked after...