Fright Nights 2011

aussienetman

Tickets Available I have more tickets available for the Fright Nights preview this Wednesday at 415pm Registrations open 8pm tonight. If you want a ticket please private message me from 8. Registration is open to all Parkz members. Nathan.

Edited by aussienetman

Let's hope so dj. There are about 50 people from the facebook groups attending, only a few from Parkz now. After having so much interest here when it was first announced to having 75% of the tickets still without homes is a little disapointing. Ah well, it will be a great night regardless of how much Parkz is represented. Nathan

^ Presumably because the staff hosting the event will be tied up with duties running the park on busy weekends, and more importantly the start of the school holidays this weekend. It's fantastic for them to recognize and involve us in an event like this, really shows that we've come a long way from the days of any images of the park having to be preapproved by management before being allowed to upload them.

I ended up winning one of the tickets from one of the other sites on Friday morning which is why I didn't end up sending you guys an e-mail that night about the tickets. It is however great to see the parks branching out to us and offering us these kind of exclusives. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

It makes sense for it to be a weekday. They are having 50+ guests outside of normal park hours. Show and entertainment crew will be working back to facilitate and I'm sure they might even put a few extra security on. From a financial perspective it makes sense. VRTP seem to be playing a different game when it comes to social media and their competitor has really embraced Facebook. However, VRTP are really getting involved now with the "fansites". Halloween Fright Nights would have been a sell out this year regardless of tonights preview going ahead, so it shows amazing respect by VRTP to offer it. It can only put Parkz in a better position for "Behind the Parkz" style events and its an exciting move by VRTP. It leaves me hopeful that further (more exclusive) events are achievable Nathan

Edited by aussienetman

Like others, the late afternoon weekday timeslot was the show stopper for me. I understand staffing and logistics makes sense to do this on a weekday, i'm just disappointed I couldn't make it. Having said that - it's a fair point that the park didn't HAVE to do this for us, but I also want to point out that we're also doing them a favour, by supplying them with REAL people that they can film for upcoming advertisements. Whilst the park can film anyone, anytime they want to, overall, it's better to get people to volunteer knowing what they're in for, than filming the public and having someone whinge. They get footage to use for advertising before the attraction is open to the public, we get a sneak preview look-see... win-win. My point is, the park isn't bending that far over for us - they stand to benefit as much as we do.

Fright Nights Preview 14th September 2011 Warner Bros. Movie World When a preview attendee has a panic attack with the house lights on and only a few scare actors inside, it's proof that Warner Bros. Movie World have upped the anti. This afternoon, park fans from media groups were treated to a sneak peak of Fright Nights 2011 at Warner Bros. Movie World. Upon entering the park, we were handed gift packs to take home. In our packs we were each given an adult diaper (for reasons that would become clearer as the night went on.) Heading behind the Scooby Doo Soundstage we were met outside Soundstage 1 on the Warner Bros. lot by Christophe Broadway, Entertainment Manager of Warner Bros. Movie World. Christophe gave us a little more information about the plans for the night and how Movie World are taking Fright Nights to the extreme in 2011. Christophe explained that tonight we would be experiencing "Set Tours" of the mazes which are still under construction for the big nights in October. post-1981-0-29338200-1315993853_thumb.jp post-1981-0-50518400-1315993888_thumb.jp Usually heading through this maze in groups of 6, we were led in one long line as a single group through the Saw maze which was out first preview for the night. While Saw is similar to last year, some improvements have been made to the scarezones which had me jump a couple of times. The syringe box was disgusting and you will definitely remember it for a long time. Just across the road in Soundstage 2 sits the Zombie Apocalypse maze. It is a very simple maze and will well work largely on the talented actors they employ. Christophe explained that is a basic copy of the Zombie Apocalypse maze at Wet N Wild Hawaii and it worked so well there they have brought it across to Movie World. The Zombie Apocalypse maze is really well done, filled with smoke and strobe lighting effects. On the night this is going to be the maze I cannot miss. Zombie Apocalypse is an actual maze meaning that there are dead ends and you could seriously get stuck inside. This could mean some pretty scary moments for guests who get disorientated while navigating the chainlink corridors. Going through this maze today with the few scare actors was still pretty scary (The houselights had to be turned on mid maze because another guest was having a panic attack) and the simple setup allows the actors to get into places you do not expect. post-1981-0-91766600-1315993922_thumb.jp post-1981-0-53236600-1315993950_thumb.jp Arkham Asylum (based on the game) is in the Showstage. This maze is a world first attraction and features some of the well known Batman villains. Movie World were given exact specifications for this maze which had to be followed exactly in order to appease Warner Bros. The maze is exactly like stepping into the Arkham Asylum video game and had the most theming completed of the mazes we experienced tonight. I must admit Scarecrow did give me a major scare, which everyone else found hysterical. As a bonus, we had the opportunity to go back of house at Arkham Asylum and see the maze from a second story. To see the total layout of the maze from this vantage point was really great and I think pin took a really good photo. post-1981-0-06868600-1315993816_thumb.jp Christophe has hired around 60 scare actors each night to fill the mazes and the streets of Movie World, and with guest numbers capped each night you can guarantee it's going to sell out quickly. As well as the mazes and rides, definitely not for the faint hearted will be the all new live entertainment shows; the Les Damned de Burlesque in the Main street, Circus of the Damned in the Hollywood Stunt Driver arena, and not to mention the dark and seedy Club Blood, an age restricted bar area with a Gothic DJ, alcohol and Sexy Cage dancers. To secure your ticket purchase a VIP Gold Pass to receive unlimited entry to Movie World, Sea World, and Wet’n’Wild until 30 June 2012, plus one entry into ‘Fright Nights’ and ‘White Christmas’ events all for only $139.99. Limited tickets are available for the seven nights in October from $29.99 per person. Book now via myfun.com.au or call 133 FUN or check out the Fright Nights FaceBook page for more information. Also discussed today was the possibility of a Fright Pass which would allow access to all nights of Fright Nights in October. This is in the planning stages and may or may not come to fruition. Movie World did not allow filming or photography inside the mazes, but they had their own crew there who were doing some filming. I know I got snapped getting a big scare, so keep an eye out on Movie World's Facebook for that. Thank you so much to VRTP for hosting Parkz and our Facebook friends tonight. It is events like these which really cement our love for our local parks and I cannot wait to be involved in organising the next big event. Nathan

Edited by aussienetman

Couple of shots of the Arkham maze. Even with the lights on it was still quite dark in there. Will say it was a great afternoon and really look forward to future events that Parkz organises. Like to put it out there and suggest organising a night where Parkz members meet up and experience the mazes in their full glory. post-188-0-13261300-1315997006_thumb.jpg post-188-0-65208700-1315997021_thumb.jpg Would like to thank VRTP for taking the time to show us around the mazes. Great to see you taking the time to offer something special to the community and really interested in amy future events. Definitely worth taking a day off work to see what is being done for this years Halloween event. Dare I say it I think I am more excited for Halloween this year than the pending opening of Buzzsaw.