Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

I just noticed Movie World refers to an "insane new experience"... so maybe it is Arkham Asylum. Although personally I'd love to see the ride based on a horror movie (can't believe no other theme park has created a Freddy/Nightmare on Elm Street ride), I can't really see this happening. Time will tell. Glad MW has already started to hype this up by releasing some info nice and early

I don't think a horror movie theme is likely. It also needs to be a theme that isn't going to age. I think that's the problem with the lethal weapon theme, they are great movies but the new generation isn't going to be ale to relate with them. It's the same if you create a saw or nightmare on elm street theme, in 5 years it's out of date. Actually nightmares elm street is already out of date. I do think that the joker has something to do with it. They have built that big joker float for the parade but the joker has no current attractions that he has anything to do with. It cold be an arkham asylum theme where the joker is on the loose. I think they have to make the most out of this dc liscence they have.

I don't think a horror movie theme is likely. It also needs to be a theme that isn't going to age. I think that's the problem with the lethal weapon theme, they are great movies but the new generation isn't going to be ale to relate with them. It's the same if you create a saw or nightmare on elm street theme, in 5 years it's out of date. Actually nightmares elm street is already out of date. I do think that the joker has something to do with it. They have built that big joker float for the parade but the joker has no current attractions that he has anything to do with. It cold be an arkham asylum theme where the joker is on the loose. I think they have to make the most out of this dc liscence they have.

You can count on It having something to do with arkham asylum as alot of people believed for along time for it to be batman themed but the nightmare hint surprises me as there is one character I would love to be very involved in this ride and it's not the joker it's scarecrow and his nightmare gas

You can count on It having something to do with arkham asylum as alot of people believed for along time for it to be batman themed but the nightmare hint surprises me as there is one character I would love to be very involved in this ride and it's not the joker it's scarecrow and his nightmare gas

I was definitely thinking the scarecrow would be involved but I definitely think that it will be all the villains ganging up on bats but the joker will be in the thick of it. Much like the video game.

What is driving me mad at the moment is the amount of people on MW's Facebook page going on they can't believe the ride is going/being demolished and leaves no rides left. Or the other side good riddance to the ride and hoping something decent replaces it. I feel like screaming THE RIDE IS NOT GOING!!!!!!! Just a re-theme and new trains, it is driving me insane. Or batty if that turns out to be the re-theme :P EDIT: If they are going to completely redo China Town, the buildings and that area, can they go across into the Superman area and give that some love, maybe put in some building facades up in there to replicate Metropolis and make the area outside the sort of like a park?? And maybe a new paint job for the coaster??

Edited by Original

I'm also really annoyed at some people on that page. This is the dumbest comment I read: i went yesterday they are only fixing it thats all but all there rides are broken the superman escape was even the green lantin witch was a new ride there all broken wtf No words can describe how stupid he is.

I doubt you could put flying trains in Alex. There is a hell of a lot more weight in a flyer train and the ride would probably have to be re-engineered to deal with that. That and the Flying Dutchman trains actually have the train in the 'inverged' on your back position for load. All moot anyway since a new seat photo appeared on parkz a while back.

Is an 'outside' loop meant to be an Immelmann loop?

No flying coasters have an Imelmann loop. Immelmanns appear on a few of B&Ms looping coasters. Basically the track first does a half loop, twists over, and heads out the other way on a slight curve: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/US/Tampa/Busch_Gardens_Africa/372-Montu/1,1,2036-Immelmann.html By outside loop, what i mean is that on inverted coasters they look like this, the train is on the outside: 0805-88_Nemesis-Inferno_12.JPG And on Sit down coasters, loops look like this, the train is on the inside: 0801-88_Irn-Bru-Revolut_DSCF9811.JPG The human body can take forces well when lying on the back, but cant do it well when lying on the chest, so flying coasters tend to draw out elements which might put pressure on the chest...Have a look at how drawn out the bottom of the drop is on Manta for instance: 1011-88_Manta_m6.0.JPG At present, there is only one flying coaster with an outside loop, and that is one in China, built by Vekoma. They were able to do it because the trains are only 2 cars long and it takes the element without too much speed, so they have been able to get away with it since the G forces arent too strong. Lethal Weapon wouldn't have this luxury, because it barrels throug the inversions at 70km/h and pulls some fair G's, so the concept of flying trains is completley unfeasible. http://www.rcdb.com/4124.htm?p=28289 In other news, Superman will be open again on the 3rd of Feb!

There's another reason flying trains wouldn't work, other than the forces riders would experience. The Vekoma Flying Dutchman trains load people on their backs and flip them over after the lift. That would mean major modification to LW. The only flying train that could load under the track would be a B&M flyer but that wouldn't fit on Vekoma track.

I think Alex_1 got what I was trying to say - i wasn't suggesting flying dutchman trains, more the B&M trains as used on AIR at ALTON TOWERS. For all the points already explained, I get why that isn't possible - but that was my purpose - that AIR loads in station the same way lethal does - thereby not requiring modifications to the station or track, before 'flying' the riders by rotating the seats back. http://www.rcdb.com/1458.htm?p=5870