Something new about to Hatch at SW?

Gazza

Removal of theming ect. began a week or two ago from what I have heard and possibly some planes/missiles where headed down Smith St (I am not 100%). It makes sense for them to be removing theming whilst SV is down.

And no one got pictures of missiles and planes going down one of the busiest roads on the Gold Coast? And so this means it has not been gutted but just sitting dormant for a while. It is kind of depressing knowing now that such a ride was let to rot for so long. :( Edited by mba2012

And no one got pictures of missiles and planes going down one of the busiest roads on the Gold Coast? And so this means it has not been gutted but just sitting dormant for a while. It is kind of depressing knowing now that such a ride was let to rot for so long. :(

How sad, never gonna see those aliens again... post-2699-0-53386400-1340345660_thumb.jp Does anyone know if the one overseas at Movie Park still exists?

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at the one top right, looks like a mutant leech or something. Bottom left looks animatronic in a way I guess. Will be interesting to see, more exciting then the Arkham remake last holidays. Arkham was fun at the time but now it's just 'eh'.

Edited by kujotess

You're 12 and you know good animatronics? Watch out Harvard, we got a badass over here....

How hilariously, and unnecessarily, patronizing. It's quite easy to tell if animatronics look good or if they look cheap and fairly crap. Edited by alex_1

God I must be in a terrible mood tonight but they look like every other freaking animatronic I've ever seen. It's not my first choice for a attraction and still don't think it's a good fit for Seaworld but I'm interested to see the amount of theming they put in. Hope it's more than a few pot plants and "dinosaur" sound effects

This is awesome, hopefully Sea World's will be similar. After watching the video, you can notice a lot of it is similar to the information and photos given by Sea World. So I'll guess that this is what will be at Sea World but probably a bit smaller. Edited by kujotess

That definitely does look cool, but on a MUCH bigger scale than what Sea World could/would be doing. There looked to be 15+ animatronic dinosaurs and scenes in that video - given the space Seaworld has put aside for the exhibit, i'm thinking we're looking at no more than 5 at SW, with the focus being on the kids archaeological area etc

Okay, I'll admit that looks sort of, maybe, in a way, possibly cool. Okay it looks pretty awesome. Will Seaworld's version come with a free Intamin Gigacoaster too? ;) By the way when I said the animatronics look crap, I think I was mostly focusing on the death leech stegosaurus thing. EDIT: Seaworld. I meant Seaworld.

Edited by alex_1

I have a feeling that this will be similar to the Dinosaurs Alive exibition( It could even be by the same company) that was at LPS in the Big Top over the Xmas holidays. There were 11 animatronic dinosaurs with their own display area and themeing. They were actually pretty good!! It was very popular with families and entry to the exhibition was free with a full ride pass!! I expect the Seaworld one to be expanded on the one shown at LPS. I think this will be a good interim attraction for the park. The Lighthouse area is severely underutilised and as most people with kids will tell you- Dinosaurs are insanely popular!!! Well done Seaworld!!! :)

Given that Spielberg has confirmed Jurassic Park IV is in production, it would be wonderful if it inspired this new attraction. Also, I think all of the Jurassic park rides around the world are water rides, so it would be very fitting for Sea World to have something like the others. I like to dream, anyway :)

Jurassic Park IV is a loooong way from production. Spielberg has an 'idea' as he announced as ComicCon a year ago - but currently there is no script or screenplay, and no confirmed cast or director, let alone a start date. It'll be a miracle if we see it prior to 2015-16 - if it happens at all. As you said, you like to dream, and with the chances of a replica or new JP themed water ride being introduced in Australia pretty much a zero, thats what you'll have to keep doing!

There has been a lot of talk about it - Steven Speilberg confirmed in January this year that he will be on board as a producer. He also said himself he would actually like a remake now that he has the money technology to do so. The first film was a huge success but was very far from the original books storyline.

There has been a lot of talk about it - Steven Speilberg confirmed in January this year that he will be on board as a producer. He also said himself he would actually like a remake now that he has the money technology to do so. The first film was a huge success but was very far from the original books storyline.

Yeah no doubt Speilberg will be executive producer, as he was on JP2 and JP3 - basically his production house will be involved in development but other than a couple of trips to the set and his name in the credits i doubt Speilberg will have much to do with the final product (except maybe part of the 'idea' behind the movie). I hope they don't do a remake - regardless of technological advancements - you don't mess with certain movies - and JP is one of them. Just put the better technology into the new movie as either Part 4 of the previous trilogy or as a standalone movie. On the JP front - the original movie is currently being post-converted to 3D and will be released around June next year on the 20th Anniversary of release

• 2 weeks later...