New Kids Ride for Movie World

joz

Ride confirmed and "Mini Cars Driving School"From Website "Big fun for mini guests will be driving into Movie World this September with the opening of the exciting new MINI CARS DRIVING SCHOOL. Complete with its very own Mini Main St, mini cars and a whole lot of fun for mini guests as they drive around town in their own special cars.post-29245-0-20058200-1367999746_thumb.j

Thats already been posted.

LTTR?

Typo of looney Tunes River Ride.

Just with the show stage... sure it would be costly to excavate the seating area into a bigger building but it wouldn't be hard. Rip off some side panels allow plan access and have them go to down digging it out. The problem may be the foundations for the roof though as I think they sit on the existing slope.

It would be costly and it wouldn't be hard either, I'm sure it'd be easier than demolishing Bermuda. But the venue has alot of park value considering the the versatility and use they got from it currently being set up with all the seating lighting gadgets etc. I'm sure they'll find a good use for it eventually but others on the forum suggesting to remove it and replace for a fairly small ride seems pointless to me.

I think some people are getting confused over the term soundstage. A sound stage is basically a large sound proof shed for filming movies and television scenes. The "ride sheds" at movie world are not soundstages at all they are only themed to soundstages to fit the "movie theme" of the park with the soundstage numbers listed on the sides. The what's up rock show was in a large theatre style shed with the name soundstage ## on the side for theming, not a real soundstage at all. Yes you could technically stick a ride in there, a carousel or similar small flat ride would easily fit with the stage removed, but where is the point in that. I also agree that the LTRR building should be used to its fullest potential. I'd say the mini cars rode will enter at the old marvin ride and use a tiny percentage of the LTTR building. While a larger family dark ride can be built in the remaing area with the entry in the same place as the old river ride was. The space in there is massive, including those pre-ride show rooms you could fit the justice league ride in there a few times over.

So, someone is yet to question how much main street will be scaled down. I'm yet to work it out (gazza probably will before me) but I think they could probably fill up most of the building with the under cover area of main street. You then go outside when you get out of the undercover area of main street and you can circle around the fountain and then back under. The station could be at the end of main street and off to one side, maybe where the entrance to the kids area is located. And along the edge of the building would be the queue lines. This would push the attraction to one side of the building which would make the entrance closer the end north western corner of the building. Then where the path would be to go to the western area it would circle around and there would be a maintenance area where the stunt drivers would be. This would also give it access to a major access door at the eastern end of the building. Doing this it would probably make use of the most space. Also, the queue lines could be very well themed with cars in places along with some Movie World characters.

If this is a soundstage, as everyone says it is, it is MADE to fit giant pieces of set through it, those that are larger than an average earth mover. For all I care, put dingo's in there and do it that way... it would still make it possible. Even if it has been made to be a "show stage," does that mean what was once a showstage is now not. If you can actually 100% prove that there cannot be anything done to it other than another show, I will stand down my argument, but regardless of whether Movie World actually put a ride in there or not, it can still be done.

Yes, you can put big set pieces in...To the stage area...What do you plan on doing with the seating area, which represents a huge chunk of the building? I already have proven it as far as I'm concerned...You are simply not going to do much with the big seating area in the building.

It's a massive shed, if the seating was leveled down you'd have a big space but it would be perfectly suited to a Soarin type ride but I'm not sure what else. Best choice is probably an indoor/outdoor attraction.

I think some people are getting confused over the term soundstage. A sound stage is basically a large sound proof shed for filming movies and television scenes. The "ride sheds" at movie world are not soundstages at all they are only themed to soundstages to fit the "movie theme" of the park with the soundstage numbers listed on the sides. The what's up rock show was in a large theatre style shed with the name soundstage ## on the side for theming, not a real soundstage at all. Yes you could technically stick a ride in there, a carousel or similar small flat ride would easily fit with the stage removed, but where is the point in that. I also agree that the LTRR building should be used to its fullest potential. I'd say the mini cars rode will enter at the old marvin ride and use a tiny percentage of the LTTR building. While a larger family dark ride can be built in the remaing area with the entry in the same place as the old river ride was. The space in there is massive, including those pre-ride show rooms you could fit the justice league ride in there a few times over.

I don't know where you get your information from, but THEY ARE REAL SOUNDSTAGES with REAL DESIGNATIONS. They are designed that way to block excess noises made by the rides from escaping... They are soundstages designed to reduce the noise pollution from the Park, and also to increase the rider's quality of experience. Although not used for filming, the fact is they are all the same type of building and are designed primarily stop noises escaping the building. If MW ever wanted to turn any of them into a film studio, they'd just gut it and renovate to make it a studio, but they wouldn't need to add any sound insulation as it's already installed. Especially the Scooby Doo ride. Edited by colliric_855

Colliric you are so far off. Please look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_stage As rac said, the show buildings (the proper name for dark ride 'ride buildings') at Movie World were all specifically designed to look like sound stages (the film equivalent of a television studio). This was purely for theming purposes and a way of helping the huge show buildings fit aesthetically into the park. This was also a cheap way of doing it compared to parks like Disney and Universal who spend large amounts of money camouflaging, theming or otherwise concealing their show buildings. Gazza - you suggested the Scooby show building was pre-existing. I can't remember if we've had this conversation before but I'm pretty sure the building for the actual coaster section is either new or was heavily modified. I'm almost positive it was significantly smaller height-wise for the Gremlins ride.

Colliric you are so far off. Please look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_stage As rac said, the show buildings (the proper name for dark ride 'ride buildings') at Movie World were all specifically designed to look like sound stages (the film equivalent of a television studio). This was purely for theming purposes and a way of helping the huge show buildings fit aesthetically into the park. This was also a cheap way of doing it compared to parks like Disney and Universal who spend large amounts of money camouflaging, theming or otherwise concealing their show buildings. Gazza - you suggested the Scooby show building was pre-existing. I can't remember if we've had this conversation before but I'm pretty sure the building for the actual coaster section is either new or was heavily modified. I'm almost positive it was significantly smaller height-wise for the Gremlins ride.

The fact is though that apart from not being used to film movies or television, they do contain some soundproofing and are otherwise similar. Also the designations/building-names are obviously somewhat real as that would be useful especially in case of an emergency or fire.

But GoGoBoy isn't he ALWAYS shooting from the hip with wild,speculative and generally inaccurate comments that he tries to pass off as being true?? Unfortunately nothing has changed with the moniker/name alteration.......

My point is they ARE designed to block noise, especially that coming from the inside... That's all I'm saying here. Pretty much Soundstages are like Show Buildings that have simply been decked out for filming and the purpose of the soundproofing is reversed(blocking outside noises, as opposed to a Show Building which is designed to stop noise escaping from it. To say I was "so far off" is inappropriate, as effectively the buildings are almost exactly the same design, only used for different purposes. They are effectively "Building cousins" and most people would just call them the same! P.S. GoGoBoy... Television studios and Film Studios are all mostly soundproofed.A Sound Stage at it's core is simply a soundproofed studio that exists for filming of anykind. Motion Capture studios are also Sound Stages as well, when Soundproofed. Edited by colliric_855

Gazza - you suggested the Scooby show building was pre-existing. I can't remember if we've had this conversation before but I'm pretty sure the building for the actual coaster section is either new or was heavily modified. I'm almost positive it was significantly smaller height-wise for the Gremlins ride.

The Scooby building was always there and roughly the same height as far as I'm aware. The building was modified where the lift shaft and turntables are to be slightly taller to house the mechanics required for them (Moreso the lift than turntable)

The Scooby building was always there and roughly the same height as far as I'm aware. The building was modified where the lift shaft and turntables are to be slightly taller to house the mechanics required for them (Moreso the lift than turntable)

Ok you might be right on that. I was never totally sure. Yeah, I remember thinking the lift shaft section, at the very least, was new. Update: if you have a look at this pic it shows an obvious line and colour difference in the show building external wall. So perhaps the whole thing was extended for height afterall? http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coast/Warner_Bros_Movie_World/248-Scooby_Doo_Spooky_Coaster/1,3,507-Scooby_Doo_Spooky_Coaster_Construction.html Edited by GoGoBoy

A few things to comment on here so I'm just going to take on the subjects in random order: * Yeah the height of the building was increased for the coaster section, the rest stayed unchanged. In fact here's a nerdy thing to do next time you're in the main queue room; look at the roof. You'll notice the roof slopes, that's because the the main queue room is where all the individual theaters used to be. * I hate to break it to you but the ride buildings are not built to the same standards as the studio. If you want proof of that just stand by the old entrance to Arkham, where the sound from inside the Scooby Doo building is clearly audible. Same thing was true of the Toons building, you could easily hear what was going on inside if you stood nearby. The Sound Stage numbers on the buildings are just for themeing purposes only. In a nuanced touch, they started counting at 9, as there are 8 sound stages at the studio and they are built in the same style, but that's really all the buildings have in common. It's also mentioned how you can get big things into those buildings, you'll notice when ever something gets built in those buildings a massive hole torn through the side tends to be the most popular entry point for heavy equipment. * What's up rock would be better performed in WB Kids. Or better yet, a new Looney Tunes show in WB Kids would be nice. I mean lets face it What's up rock is a pretty old show by now, it's getting on in years and Mack isn't going to refurb it any time soon. * Sure they could put a ride in the show stage. The back of house in that building is surprisingly big, and if they really wanted to they could put an indoor flat ride behind the stage and still use the current stage for shows. As for leveling the seating, I'm sure they could level most of it without too much drama. The question is how cost effective is it, and I suspect doing earth moving works inside would be quite an expensive option. FWIW I like the Show Stage as a venue, and I think it'd be great if they found a proper use for it. * Marvin being demolished isn't really a shock. The ride hasn't been open for a couple of years now, and given there's attention being given to that corner of the park it makes sense to redevelop that area as well. * Now that there's a decent kiddie car ride coming to the park can we finally kill Speedy's?

They can't kill Speedy's... it's the last original ride left!! :) And yes whilst the ride buildings have all been clad the same, most of them aren't insulated at all. At night when Scooby is running and there is no other sound in the park you can here the cars running around and the lift cycling from anywhere in the park. Over at the soun stages the walls are a good 6-10 inches thick, full of insulation and even feature air locks when you enter to stop noise entering or exiting the space. You can run up a full fright nights maze, with audio running at maximum level and hear nothing outside the building with the doors closed. As a side note, the SOUND STAGE numbering on the ride buildings was only added in recent years as an upgrade to theming, it wasn't even always there. If you look closely at the Scooby main coaster section building you will see the original height of the building (basically it matched the other building) and where the additional was added on.

I hope something is done with the Stage Show/Western Area soonish (with a major show taking up residence), but I think and am glad WB Kids is getting some TLC. I'm all for Speedy's Taxi's gone, I don't know how much room the Mini Driving School is taking up of the show building, but I would like to see 1or 2 great themed dark rides (who wouldn't). Then outside maybe 1 or 2 new rides again and have a new purpose built stage for a purpose built Looney Tunes show, the only problem there is fitting all that in... but go on MW prove to me there is enough :P

In my opinion, any 'in-house' developed show - like Whats Up Rock or even Bonny and Clawde are just too slapstick and corny, and I would not like to see one of these installed into showstage. Western stunt shows are great, but even universal has ditched theirs at the moment, whilst the special effects stage etc soldiers on. Either they bring back a special effects stage - and do it the way universal now do (ie: not one effect on each stage that you get up and move between, but all done on one stage) and bring the effects into the 21st century - doing things like motion capture (Mocap) and other modern effects, or alternatively, bring in a good illusionist magic act, that while not totally movie related, would draw a decent crowd and help soak up some capacity on busier days, rather than just the stroller brigade...