Sea World Wild: What Could It Be?

the12thworld

Really if you want land at Movie World you have to be looking at the biggest waste of space building, the old maverick stage. Problem is Id hate to see another indoor attraction opportunity lost but it's a very weird building to utilise for an attraction. Id still like my Vekoma mad house Hex style in there.

I think the only reason we got onto WWF was because it was put forward that the land at MW being what it is would be better suited to multiple flats (puke).

I don't think anyone really wants to see that go as almost every response to that suggestion was in the negative.

I also don't think MW needs to expand through the ShowStage (but they do need to do something with it!!!) and there is plenty of room in the 'Wild West' for small footprint attractions to 'round out' the area.

I get the impression that if the Wild Wild West movie didn't come out at exactly the time it did, the ride would have been called 'Rio Bravo' instead.

You can go one step further than that, Rio Bravo definitely was the plan. By the sounds of this article, sometime between September and December 1998, Wild Wild West came into the mix.

Back on topic, I'd prefer to see Wild as a separate gate, however, I dislike the idea that it would be situated inside the boundary of Sea World. I think Sea World really needs that land themselves for expansions down the track. I'd highly doubt that we would see any more land reclamations into the broadwater as they did a few decades back.

So how does Wild fit with the whole discussion re the Dreamworld theme v amusement park.

Seaworld obviously has a whole park theme but the dinosaurs and potentially Wild sort of change that.

Will it take on a new theme as a zoo type set-up with rides or have WB just turned its back on the theme concept?

Depends if they attach it on as a new theme park or if it becomes part of Seaworld I guess.

Sorry for most likely starting another shit fight, but Seaworld for me is a "Marine Park" with rides. Not a "theme" park. There's not much theme going on, purely because there's not really much to theme. The rides they have with the exception of SV are themed really really well, but the park itself is more "marine" than "theme".

I think the whole distinction is an exercise in splitting hairs. I mean is it just a generic Sea theme throughout, or do some bits have a different theme to other bits? Is Castaway Bay themed to the same thing as Storm? Is the Colonial style themeing in the middle of the park different enough to the Florida resort style of the main entrance to warrant a different theme/feel? Do Shark Bay and Polar Bear Shores each count as their own themed land? Why not when Tiger Island does? What about the themeing on Break Beach Bay compared to Dolphin Cove? Does any of that count as themeing anyway?

For me, near enough is good enough with Sea World; It's a theme park. I think people make the distinction because the whole park adheres to an overreaching theme rather than having themed 'lands', and I totally get that, but really, there are parts of the park themed differently to other parts, and it is a park with a theme. Good enough for me.

Also, if Sea World is just a Marine Park with Rides then Movie World is just a Movie Park with rides. There aren't multiple attractions in a single themed area. Oh sure, Wild West Falls has a themed path to it, and there are a few superhero rides in an otherwise unthemed area, but on the whole, the park really just has a generic movie theme to it, without any real themed lands. You can point out WB Kids Land, but that's not really any different to Castaway Bay is it?

Yeah, same with Sea World, they're both Theme Parks. Get over it, and have a nice day :)

Nobody's interested in Wild anymore by the sounds of it.

I'm interested but to be honest the thought of Seaworld (separate or not) having Gorillas or Hippos holds very little appeal.

As a 'mexican' the beauty of heading the the GC parks is they are unique.

The rides and shows are great and the reason Seaworld is my favourite park is because it had the extra elements of the animal shows and seeing dolphins close up which you can't do in Vic.

We have excellent zoos here at Werribee and Melbourne that have excellent primate and hippo collections and Seaworld is unlikely to top them.

It would be disappointing to go to Seaworld and think 'same same but different' or not as good.

It would be same thing you experience at Funfields or Adventure Park where you think this is ok but also just a worse version of the GC.

I think WB should concentrate on keeping their parks unique, one-off experiences, which they may well do with Wild, but if it just an animal exhibit I think it would be poor investment.

Whilst that may be true Flea, the fact is there is no a single zoo/animal attraction in QLD that has Gorillas, so that is a drawcards in itself

That's a good point from a Queensland perspective, I didn't know that.

What would be the breakdown of park visitors in terms of 'locals' and interstate/overseas visitors?

That's a good point from a Queensland perspective, I didn't know that. What would be the breakdown of park visitors in terms of 'locals' and interstate/overseas visitors?

Whilst I don't have stats to back it up, I would believe that SW would have the higher tourist:local ratio of all the parks given it's popularity with Asian tourists & unique offering in terms of dolphins (not sure of any other dolphin interactions Australia wide - apart from a few beach-based interactions).

This is why I am a supporter of this idea. There aren't hippos or gorillas any where in Queensland. I'm sure this will bring even more guests to the park. They wouldn't/shouldn't make it a separate gate. They could do this really well so that it doesn't look of out place in a water creature park. Even though it doesn't fit the theme of the park, I don't think it matters. The park has got all of sea creatures that they should have, so it is a great addition to the park.

Even though it doesn't fit the theme of the park,

A lot of the exhibit names at Sea World are two pronged with the second word being something geographical....Dolphin Cove, Shark Bay, Seal Harbour, Penguin Point, Polar Bear Shores.

Why not call this area something like Wild Delta. A delta is a place where a river/rainforest meets the sea.