Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

4 hours ago, totta3 said:

I Work At Zombie And The Maintance Team As Well As Alex The Liion Very Rarely.

Wait let me get my head around this.

You work at zombie evilution and the maintenance team as well as a lion that escaped from the lair named Alex told you that something happens very rarely?

I'd like to meet this lion, he sounds like he knows a lot about what's happening with Eureka.

Edited by Santa07

8 hours ago, Santa07 said:

a lion that escaped from the lair named Alex told you that something happens very rarely?

I'd like to meet this lion, he sounds like he knows a lot about what's happening with Eureka.

If it was my guess, he is saying he sometimes dresses up as Alex the lion, aka the Madagascar costume character? Dunno about the rest tho ?

13 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

Oh we know allllll about that... it was the "Eurekagate" of Parkz earlier in the year ???

7 hours ago, bladex said:

yes he posted it on here 1st and started a shit storm

Ahh, oops. Wasn't aware.

I just want to say: I don't agree with the fact that he went through the ride, without permission, and possibly even endangered himself by doing so... Just for a horribly edited video for the internet.

5 hours ago, Xexon said:

If you ignore how the video is made, it's very clear that it won't reopen without some serious effort from Dreamworld. I can't see anything happening very soon.

Yeah, that's more why I linked it here. To, hopefully, spark a discussion based on the state of the ride and not the video itself or the person who created it.

2 hours ago, totta3 said:

I Have Asked Some Questions And The Ride Was Shut Because Of Asbestos

Asbestos would be a problem; but it wouldn't be the reason the ride was open one day, and closed the next.

It probably depends on what kind of asbestos material they encountered though. It was so widely used it can turn up in anything, fire and sound proofing is a pretty common one to find, along with cement sheeting, but it was also used a LOT in various external coatings and plaster, plus a whole bunch of glues and adhesives.

Depending on what state any of those products may be in, it could produce quite a large safety risk. However, the video footage is useful to kind of debunk any real danger as the structure stood when the video footage was taken. If there was already a risk of air borne particles from any number of materials degrading, there would have been evidence of containment/controls in the building. Even the simplest forms like coverings and warnings around sources, but nothing seems to be shown in the video.

It's probable the structure requires repair work that would see the fibers disturbed, if this is extensive such as structural repairs, track work, or if any of the coatings are a fire risk and need to be removed, it could be a mammoth task. So it might not be all that dangerous in it's present state (especially considering it's evident that workers have had access to the area over the years, it's just not sealed up and left to rot), but to repair/recommission and open is probably a whole different story.

• Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion