Sea World maintenance

pushbutton

Is this a discussion thread about Seaworld maintenance or just a thread to tear apart every "pushbutton" post and criticize his OWN opinion. You guys seem to have made a sport out of harassing him in his posts and belittling his every opinion. How about you guys get out into the parks and get some photos and throw up some ideas about whats going on in the parks like he does? Pushbutton is just adding his own ideas and likes about the parks.So many of you guys are just trolls who offer nothing interesting to this place half the time. Its not about thick skin, just don't harass people. Its a theme park forum. No one needs "think skin" here.

Ive been here for years but rarely post as I just like to read posts. Honestly id probably post more if some proper discussion went on and not nonstop trashing of peoples own opinions which are just as valid as your own by the way.

I say either get this thread back on track or lock it. Its about Seaworld discussion not trashing people interests that arent the same as yours.

1 hour ago, MacPark said:

Is this a discussion thread about Seaworld maintenance or just a thread to tear apart every "pushbutton" post and criticize his OWN opinion. You guys seem to have made a sport out of harassing him in his posts and belittling his every opinion. How about you guys get out into the parks and get some photos and throw up some ideas about whats going on in the parks like he does? Pushbutton is just adding his own ideas and likes about the parks.So many of you guys are just trolls who offer nothing interesting to this place half the time. Its not about thick skin, just don't harass people. Its a theme park forum. No one needs "think skin" here.

Ive been here for years but rarely post as I just like to read posts. Honestly id probably post more if some proper discussion went on and not nonstop trashing of peoples own opinions which are just as valid as your own by the way.

I say either get this thread back on track or lock it. Its about Seaworld discussion not trashing people interests that arent the same as yours.

It's always like this...  If your opinion varies to theirs they like to hark on about it and cram it down your throat every possibility...  HOWEVER!!!  Get it right and they happily converse and get excited with you and so on...  It is a two way street...  It has though pushed me back into more lurking than posting especially when almost everything certain people post I agree almost 100% with...  Just can't be bothered with it and have better ways to spend my time!!!

I'd say the definition of troll is more-so someone who lurks around not doing much then decides to go ape shit one day over nothing.. 

If Push is seriously offended that we occasionally take the piss out of his love of walkthroughs and novelty transportation methods then he should say it himself. He is not a damsel in distress.

this is a light hearted and social platform in my opinion, if the mods decide they only want serious content then so be it, but I've not heard that previously. 

I don't believe anyone at any stage has attacked Push or his character in a harsh or inappropriate way

You all know we try to be hands-off and give everyone the freedom and responsibility of adults. We will delete posts that we feel cross the line into antisocial, but by and large we let things run their course and won't step in just because someone cops flak for sharing a minority opinion.

If anyone has further concerns by all means bring it up in the Site Issues forum or message me, but at this point we should probably steer this conversation back to Sea World...

Keep your opinions coming, Push. Always great to hear what you have to say.

The monorail is certainly a good crowd soaker, with a pretty high capacity. For me it's worth a trip in the afternoon, when your legs get too tired or it's too hot out. I think it'd be great if SW also had sometime of boat ride, even if it was just across the main lake.

1 hour ago, iwerks said:

Keep your opinions coming, Push. Always great to hear what you have to say.

The monorail is certainly a good crowd soaker, with a pretty high capacity. For me it's worth a trip in the afternoon, when your legs get too tired or it's too hot out. I think it'd be great if SW also had sometime of boat ride, even if it was just across the main lake.

You mean a boat transport ride? What would really work? I wouldn't think it's deep enough for a track boat ride. Anything else is just pretty much a tinnie ride across the lake. 

1 hour ago, iwerks said:

at it's peak, it was. now, lacking multiple trains on most days, and single person operation, with manually controlled station gates requiring the driver to walk the length of the platform and back at every station, the capacity is far lower than you'd think.

Additionally - lacking air conditioning means it's a furnace during the peak season - when it's truly required. I boarded the monorail around 3pm in April a few years back after my wedding for the trip from the resort to mid-station. By the time we got off we were pouring sweat. I can't imagine it in summer.

On 10/2/2016 at 19:28, reanimated35 said:

You mean a boat transport ride? What would really work? I wouldn't think it's deep enough for a track boat ride. Anything else is just pretty much a tinnie ride across the lake. 

Yeah, I was thinking at least a Tom Sawyer Island raft would work.  It would be cool if there was a dock on the piece of land where the sea viper used to be (and something to visit there).

Epcot does have its friendship boats.