'World Best' Attraction coming to VRTP

Brad2912

• 2 weeks later...

Comment on that article says it all really:

Disappointed that Derren continues to wave the 'psychology' banner. Simon Singh called him out on his use of the word, to the point where he had to concede that he used tricks which did not rely on psychology to achieve their outcome. How will the ride be 'psychological' except in the way that other rides are psychological? I look forward to representations of the biological, cognitive, social, and neuro perspectives and a whole lot of peer-reviewed papers then.

Just because something is a first - doesn't mean it's a best. MDMC was a first. Enough said.

Besides - we already know that what is coming is a coaster - we have the applications on the council website, in conjunction with the park's own announcement. It'd be really good if you could get with that program and stop trying to suggest other rides are coming, or should be coming, based on your own personal preferences.

Disappointed that Derren continues to wave the 'psychology' banner. Simon Singh called him out on his use of the word, to the point where he had to concede that he used tricks which did not rely on psychology to achieve their outcome. How will the ride be 'psychological' except in the way that other rides are psychological? I look forward to representations of the biological, cognitive, social, and neuro perspectives and a whole lot of peer-reviewed papers then.Disappointed that Derren continues to wave the 'psychology' banner. Simon Singh called him out on his use of the word, to the point where he had to concede that he used tricks which did not rely on psychology to achieve their outcome. How will the ride be 'psychological' except in the way that other rides are psychological? I look forward to representations of the biological, cognitive, social, and neuro perspectives and a whole lot of peer-reviewed papers then.Doesn't

Latest piece of the puzzle.

Application Number: BLD201600155
Description: DEMOLITION WORKS FOR NEW ATTRACTION
Code: BUILDING
Class: DEMOLITION
Work: DEMOLISH

In short, something is about to come down so something can go up.  Keep your eyes open Parkz investigators.

Side note, double post is due to no one thinking what I said above was funny.

Edited by skeetafly

The only buildings that I can think of that are really in any position to be demolished are the show stage in the western area, or some of the maintenance buildings out behind it. I think the building out behind superman would be a good spot for something, however there's no other building in the studios for those offices to move to, so that's probably unlikely. 

Edited by mba2012

I'm placing my bets the Show Stage is getting demolished, there has been nothing used in there besides FN... I do have one question with this.. if the Show Stage is indeed getting demolished, where are they use to build a fourth maze for Fright Nights? maybe the FN team can book out another Sound Stage for the event, but the thing that gets me curious is that Micheal said at the UTT was that F13 and Wyrmwood were going to the Western area for 2016, 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

FN has plenty of space - between the sound  stages, intencity, scooby queue, chinatown alley if they really wanted to, they could use stars cafe, arkham courtyard...

i'm not happy to see Showstage go, as I feel that the showstage is the one thing the park could really use to absorb crowds - putting in a stage show there would really help MW solve its current strain issues - so losing such a multipurpose, well fitted performance venue will be yet another loss to the park.

I know they haven't used it for much besides FN for a while, but that isn't the point - they should be using it, not demolishing it.

I'm with you AlexB, to scrap that building would be a waste.  To build just the shell of that building you are looking at 1.2 million.  If this is the area of the new ride then I hope they included it into the plans and did not just wipe it out.  The good thing is when SW had a DEMOLITION approval they just gutted the building which makes me think MW would do the same.  

^Yes the project could be unrelated but it does say "demolition works for NEW ATTRACTION" and it is not the norm to lodge an application like this to pull down the garden shed.

I wish the G.C.C.C. could get the applications into order.  We have 3 different OPW applications but as per normal G.C.C.C. can’t put something into the correct file. This makes it very hard to be a detective.  I might have to go deeper undercover.

Crap.JPG.117b2dae1f0fc3b0ff1071f79071abd

Edited by skeetafly

I would guess that the clearance store, and possibly the toilets next to it will be demolished. As I've said before, that would open up a path to create a large new area of the park where part of the car park is. 

Then they'd need to create a new car park using part of the grassed area at the very front of the park, to replace the lost parking spaces. I believe they already have approval to alter the car park. 

23 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I would guess that the clearance store, and possibly the toilets next to it will be demolished. As I've said before, that would open up a path to create a large new area of the park where part of the car park is. 

Then they'd need to create a new car park using part of the grassed area at the very front of the park, to replace the lost parking spaces. I believe they already have approval to alter the car park. 

Push can you outline the area on a google map that you are talking about.  I'm a bit slow and I haven't seen the car park approval you are talking about. 

@djrappaIt’s about time you gave up your honey.  Sharing is caring.  There is no reason why you can’t give us a bit of information.   Like hot & cold or in that area.  I don’t think parkz have any contract with MW that we can’t divulge information. 

Edited by skeetafly

^I think Push is confusing the carpark modifications that were for (i think) the Paradise Country modifications, and assuming they were for the MW carpark.

The area he's talking about is the Stars Cafe (now used as a clearance outlet occasionally) and the toilet block behind the 'popcorn stand'.

As for @djrappa - @skeetafly - just because Parkz may not have a contract, doesn't mean members of the board individually don't. I'm confident that any member on these boards who knows the answers to your question would have already posted it if they were permitted to do so. the fact that they don't is probably good evidence that they can't.

@AlexBI know that but djrappa has already thrown someone under the bus by telling us that someone else has told him.

“I know and wish I could say but this one is a very tight lipped secret and my source is very official but has to be protected. I was shocked and blown away myself and I know you all will be too. Exciting times.”

So now MW knows that someone told someone about something.  I don’t think MW say it’s ok to tell one person but not another.  Even if say dirappa was working on the project like if MW came to me for plans MW would not want me to say anything at all, not even what he has said already.  He confirmed that a major project was going ahead and before that it was speculation.

djrappa has already decided the amount of information he has provided is ok so that’s why I asked if he knows what area it’s being built in.  If he told us the area that would not reveal  his source and will still wouldn’t know what was being built.

Kicking and screaming and stamping your feat in a trantrum is not going to get someone to reveal secrets just because you want them to. 

There are several members of parkz that know what is happening, all of them are allowed to know, but not allowed to tell anyone. 

Saying what is coming is great, is not revealing anything about the project. 

You will just have to wait until the project is announced or someone without a confidentiality contract comes to parkz with the information. 

@djrappa - Would it be providing too much info if you were to advise approx what month we would be seeing ground break on the development? 

If not, I could cry in the corner, stamp my feet and create multiple threads saying it's your duty as a member of this board to provide the full details and blueprints of what's going on at the park. 

Side note - are blueprints still actually 'blue' or have they changed these days? 

I used to be one of those several members that knew what was happening, as I mentioned in the New Attraction thread, I stated that one of my friends told me that they were going getting a big attraction to MW for 2016 that's all she told me. she didn't say what the new roller coaster would be. I don't get any more news from her as she left working for MW just after FN started, I will try to see if she has anymore information to share (the last time I saw her was back in August) I wouldn't be that surprised if she doesn't know anything else as she left two months after I made the offical statement to you guys.. and I'm pretty sure djrappa knows a lot more about the attraction than I do

djrappa  if you don't mind me asking, do you know when you got told about the ride? I was told about it back in August that they were getting something big, I'm just intersted when you were told.. 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

51 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Side note - are blueprints still actually 'blue' or have they changed these days? 

Every single technical drawing I've ever seen or worked on has just been on white paper with black (or in rare cases, red) dimensions. Only time that's different is when CAD decides to make the default colour scheme black and Day-Glo Green. Maybe others have noticed differences?

Edited by Zanstabar

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

@djrappa - Would it be providing too much info if you were to advise approx what month we would be seeing ground break on the development? 

If not, I could cry in the corner, stamp my feet and create multiple threads saying it's your duty as a member of this board to provide the full details and blueprints of what's going on at the park. 

The technical name for a copy of plans now is called a whiteprint.  A blueprint is a negative of the original plan.  I've never been asked for a whiteprint.  People just ask for a copy.    

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic