'World Best' Attraction coming to VRTP

Brad2912

Please let it be a traditional, above-the-tracks coaster with plenty of airtime that goes on for ages. As much as I enjoyed the parks on the GC, there's sadly very very few of these coasters.

Alternatively, if you want a "world's best", just make an "Ultimate 2" so it is the longest coaster in the world once again!

On the face of it this is great news. I just hope they remember that it is Movie World, and therefore whatever this attraction is needs to have a very real and solid, and most importantly relevant and appealing MOVIE theme!

If it's something that just spins you around I won't be going on it as I get motion sickness.

If it's something that just flips you upside down, I will probably try it, and if I find it a thrill I will go on it from time to time, like I do with Arkam Asylum. But apart from a bit of a thrill I don't get much out of it after the first time.

I really hope they do us proud and come up with a genuine movie themed attraction. As regular readers of this forum already know, I would only be really excited if it's either a dark ride, or a walk-through.

Out of curiosity, where did the information about this originally come from?

Edited by pushbutton

Well if what they're saying is true, that this ride will be one of the worlds best theme park drawcards, its probably going to be something we probably have never seen before or something that is really unique. Im expecting a dark ride or simulator. Or maybe even a hybrid of the two like spider-man or harry potter.

To be honest i hope its one of those two. Australia is sorely missing a simulator like ride ever since the took out batman adventure and another thing that we desperately need is a top class story driven dark ride. We have Justice League, which is good but.... still

Does Movie World have the room for something big? Or does anyone think it could be a new themed "land" (with a big attraction) based on an upcoming movie/franchise?

Are there any new big properties coming which aren't already snagged (Harry Potter, Avatar, Star Wars) and which they can use? I guess it could be a "Batman vs Superman" thing (like Spiderman/Harry Potter, as coasterdude44 said), but if at least some evidence points to a coaster, surely that'd require a lot of room (unless it's a dark ride, in which case it's just another "coaster in a box" like Scooby Doo).

EDIT - actually, looking at Google Maps, unless they expand then there really isn't that much space in the park that isn't already occupied by something. Even Green Lantern is sorta just plonked outside. Makes me wonder if something would have to go. I'd love to see a big, long coaster though, but the only way they could do that, I think, is if it ran around/over quite a lot of other things. Still possible - look at Blackpool Pleasure Beach!

Edited by djmcbell

Does Movie World have the room for something big? Or does anyone think it could be a new themed "land" (with a big attraction) based on an upcoming movie/franchise?

Are there any new big properties coming which aren't already snagged (Harry Potter, Avatar, Star Wars) and which they can use? I guess it could be a "Batman vs Superman" thing (like Spiderman/Harry Potter, as coasterdude44 said), but if at least some evidence points to a coaster, surely that'd require a lot of room (unless it's a dark ride, in which case it's just another "coaster in a box" like Scooby Doo).

EDIT - actually, looking at Google Maps, unless they expand then there really isn't that much space in the park that isn't already occupied by something. Even Green Lantern is sorta just plonked outside. Makes me wonder if something would have to go. I'd love to see a big, long coaster though, but the only way they could do that, I think, is if it ran around/over quite a lot of other things. Still possible - look at Blackpool Pleasure Beach!

Movie World has tons of space that it's currently not using, or underutilising. It's just a matter of making better use of the space they have.

Maybe it could be Jurassic World themed.

Edited by pushbutton

On the face of it this is great news. I just hope they remember that it is Movie World, and therefore whatever this attraction is needs to have a very real and solid, and most importantly relevant and appealing MOVIE theme!

If it's something that just spins you around I won't be going on it as I get motion sickness.

If it's something that just flips you upside down, I will probably try it, and if I find it a thrill I will go on it from time to time, like I do with Arkam Asylum. But apart form a bit of a thrill I don't get much out of it after the first time.

I really hope they do us proud and come up with a genuine movie themed attraction. As regular readers of this forum already know, I would only be really excited if it's either a dark ride, or a walk-through.

Out of curiosity, where did the information about this originally come from?

I hope and am sure it Will have a movie/themed tie in, though likely not of the level you are wanting.

a walk through? No walk through is going to be 'world best' unless they are paying Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill to literally fight daily in a full size replica Wayne Manor as you walk by. 

We've from the GC planning site that it has been lodged as a coaster of some sort.

Reported in the GC bulletin as I posted originally 

Random thought - with everyone saying "Batman vs Superman duelling coaster", how about... TWO COASTERS THAT DUEL?!?

The Batman ride (well, Arkham) is an SLC, and this is mostly true I think in Six Flags parks. Superman is an above-the-track launched coaster (though in Six Flags parks is also usually a flying coaster, I think). How about a duelling coaster, where both coasters are different types?

Would that even work? Probably not. And there's practically no chance this is the case. If it is, I'll eat a toenail. Or something.

Random thought - with everyone saying "Batman vs Superman duelling coaster", how about... TWO COASTERS THAT DUEL?!?

The Batman ride (well, Arkham) is an SLC, and this is mostly true I think in Six Flags parks. Superman is an above-the-track launched coaster (though in Six Flags parks is also usually a flying coaster, I think). How about a duelling coaster, where both coasters are different types?

Would that even work? Probably not. And there's practically no chance this is the case. If it is, I'll eat a toenail. Or something.

Do u mean like BSG at USS?

Look up photos of Nasu Highland and Grona Lund. It's always possible to fit in more coasters. ?

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic