Who here likes the new motorsports experience

Bailz

Hote Wheels has such a mediocre layout, it's gone from boring with a headache, to boring with less of a beating. I did read somewhere that when the State Govt in NSW re-opened Luna Park, they considered a coaster that was twice as big. That would have been awesome, you could reach out and steal a snag off one of the neighbours barbies.

Frankly I find the museum a puzzling addition, I think Dreamworld should be seeing less of their crack dealer.

I really have no issue with the museum. WAY back in the day the park at Giltraps Auto Museum. 

Its just another attraction at what is meant to be a THEME park. Doesn't have to all be rides. When we visited we spent half hour checking it out, and if it's nothing more than an air con area with eating in a nice enough setting and soaks up people for half hour what's wrong with that. 

4 hours ago, djrappa said:

I really have no issue with the museum. WAY back in the day the park at Giltraps Auto Museum. 

Its just another attraction at what is meant to be a THEME park. Doesn't have to all be rides. When we visited we spent half hour checking it out, and if it's nothing more than an air con area with eating in a nice enough setting and soaks up people for half hour what's wrong with that. 

Has there been any word on how long the place is staying around? Is it perm or are the cars only on lease for a few months/years? 

19 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Has there been any word on how long the place is staying around? Is it perm or are the cars only on lease for a few months/years? 

5 year deal

1 minute ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Last time I checked, sleepwalking wasn't a watersport. 

guess it depends what you are doing whilst asleep...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm going to go against the grain of the majority of opinions here and say that I absolutely love the HWSW! I think its a massive improvement to what was a tired out coaster. Sitting in the front row I reckon enhanced the experience as well, as coupled with the new smoother train, it gives you the sensation that you're flying. Don't get me wrong, I always liked the Cyclone, but found myself avoiding it in recent times because it was too rough and run down, plus it was turning into a real eyesore.

So I think the Cyclone into Hot Wheels refurb has been a much needed and, for me personally, a pleasant surprise, given I initially didn't think it would really be anything to encourage me to ride it regularly again. But I have a new love for it now, the harnesses are so much more comfortable and buffer the bumpy track heaps. I dare say that I think they are better than the Arkham Asylum ones, which become increasingly uncomfortable on your legs throughout the duration of the ride (The last time I rode it and we were pulling into the station, I had one leg going numb from the pressure lol). And that's saying a lot from me, given AA is one of my beloved all-time fave rides due to my long standing history with riding it over a hundred times lol. I still love it, but I also somewhat dislike the new harnesses as well because of this problem, which takes away from the enjoyment. 

I think its cool with HW having the onboard music. However I STILL stick to my opinion that it would look so much cooler if the track was repainted (orange and blue!) to match everything else ie. the traditional Hot Wheels toys theme.

Despite being a V8 racing fan, the Peter Brock experience for me  is a bit 'meh' (I'm a Ford/PDR/Frosty fan, so the only thing that really appeals to be is the resident Pepsi Max FPV at the end lol) but even though it doesn't appeal to me personally, I agree that its a good new addition. Plus its great to have an air conditioned themed area to eat lunch in. Speaking of which, we did do that last visit and bought lunch from the new shop... I purchased a salt and pepper calamari salad and hubby bought one of the signature burgers (can't remember what its called, four wheels something maybe?) and we really enjoyed them. My only complaint is how they sell the chips separate instead of coming included with the burger. Would be good if they had meal deals of some sort, like they do at the other park food outlets? 

Overall its a thumbs up from me :) 

I agree with OceanGirl, I actually like HWSW too. I have to admit as tacky as "freestyler" is, it make the ride more enjoyable. Back during late trading I rode it a few times one night and the last time was without the track and it was totally less enjoyable, bust still fun. Just my 2 cents worth 

As for Brock's garage it's not really my "cup of tea". It seems like it could make a very cool function room with a cool theme but I don't think they would go to all the trouble to remove all the cars just for a function. At least there is a nice big building for a dark ride in the future. According to NearMap its bigger than the main Justice League building at  Movie World (Brock's Garage 45m x 40ish (building isn't there yet on near map) and JL is 65m x 20) 

Edited by lifeofsamage

Omg, I have only ridden the Scenic Railway the one time and it was one of the the roughest rides I had ever been on. So bumpy!!! I spent most of the ride trying to help my (very tall, about 6' 3") best friend protect his knees from becoming heavily bruised, as he kept banging them over and over on the front part of the train due to the turbulence. Sadly he still stepped off feeling and looking like he had just been smacked in the shins with a steel pole a dozen times over. Just the one ride on that was enough for me ? I have NFi either how that brake dude can stay standing on the same thing either ?

The ones up here are heaps better and a lot less turbulent, although AA/LW is showing it's age these days and some parts of it can jiggle you around a fair bit - specifically the part where you go through the double corkscrews and just before you go into the horizontal loop at the end... it's rickety as hell, hahaha. But overall it's still fun. The steel tracks provide a smoother experience than the old wooden ones that SR has, as do the trains which have harnesses installed to specifically try and buffer out any track turbulence. 

But tbh I wouldn't even out the SR on the same scale as these two, they are two totally different and I dare say a heck of a lot more enjoyable. 

Just my 2c based on my experience ☺

Just to update, here's some on-ride footage I shot recently. I'm still writing up my thoughts about the ride, I think overall it's a nice update. I quite like the Brock's Garage part. Good stuff there. The new train is nice, but Freestylers? Really? That's the song you want to pick for hundreds of thousands of potential riders to hear in the future?

Note: Just before @AlexB chimes in (hah), i'm aware of the overall averageness of this POV. ;)

The song is terrible, although the idea of picking your song was nice, hopefully that'll be implemented in the next annual maint.

Even though it's not the most amazing POV out there, it's certainly the best POV there is of HWSW/Cyclone. Literally what you have out there is a) TPR's Back Seat POV (no idea why they didn't film a front seat), DW's old POV which cuts out half the ride for some strange reason, and DW's newer 360˚ pov, which has awful quality. And of course the crappy povs you get from people breaking the park's rules and shooting on the rides without permission.

Edited by Santa07