2016 for Movie World

There's probably only one thing I can say about today and that's Oh my god!

I have literally never seen that many people in the park outside the peak of the peak in January. Too be honest, if you're thinking of going for one of your  regular visits this week, give it a miss and wait for the QLD kids to go back to school. The overflow carpark was close to full at the peak of the day, all rides (apart from Batwing and DD) were at least a 60 min wait almost all day, and that was with 90% of the staff being really on the ball. Even at 4:10pm Arkham was over an hour. 

Anyway, being the first time I've been since DD opened up, I'm pleasantly surprised with what Movieworld managed to pull off with this new area. Only irk is that if you go in from the Scooby end you have to walk through the shop as the gate's closed but whatevs I guess. DD will be a real crowd soaker in peak times, considering that with loads of teething issues it pulled through a very good capacity. I even saw Greg out there being taught how to, and then operating it from the booth :P. 

2 trains on superman (thank god) however I found fast track, having been sold out, became disruptive with alternating loads (generally 1 load Fast Track, 1 Load Normal) however in the peak of the day, one operator was giving 2 loads fast track, 1 load normal and that got excessive. Most of these people were on Unlimited Fast Track and I saw plenty were just milking it by going on again, again and again.

Most staff are really giving it their all for operations though which have noticeably improved compared with a few weeks ago. No real standing around and superman cycles <2 min.

Good job Movie World, but hell, I'm not going when its this busy again.

Didn't spot ya though Max :(

Edited by nitromefans

I also went today, only for a quick visit. And I haven't seen it this busy in a long time. I don't usual visit during the peak periods, so today was quite a shock. Queues everywhere, people everywhere. The gate for villains  area was closed for some reason, meaning you had to enter through the shop or right side. But didn't seem to make an issues. And with half the SDSC inside queue closed off, the queue outside was booming. And I've never seen the WWF overflow queue area be used before, and it was today and was overflowing too. 

Well for one, i'm glad to hear 'fast track sold out' meaning the park does have some sort of theoretical cap on how many of these things they sell, but it still seems too high.

Unlimited fast track is just that - it allows people to re-ride over and over if they wish. It is painful, but this does mean those people aren't riding other rides so it all evens out I guess.

I do think, by the sounds of things, that Village need to look at how many of these they sell - if they were running 2x fast track to 1x regular queue, that sounds excessive. Even Disney fastpass doesn't see that much in a row. It's disappointing - especially on peak days.

On the other hand though its nice to know that park operations can be run efficiently when they want to and now it seems its just a matter of the park staffing their attractions a little better to improve those operations during quieter times.

On 16/09/2016 at 4:16 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

Four storage containers have appeared in the old LW queue line. 

20160916_111918.jpg

20160916_111839.jpg

On 16/09/2016 at 4:48 PM, lifeofsamage said:

I'm going to say the Containers are defiantly the panic rooms. There is aircon is all of the containers so it would defiantly be something that people go into  

Correct @lifeofsamage!

Sorry, @Brad2912:

On 16/09/2016 at 5:57 PM, Brad2912 said:

You put me in a shipping container and close the door, I'm gonna panic. Don't even need scare actors...

I have seen cleaners in the restrooms, however I have also seen the restrooms in a very filthy state.

Unfortunately, people are pigs. Short of having a washroom attendant on duty all day, I don't think you could improve it much, as i'm sure all custodial staff rotate through the bathrooms regularly.

• 4 weeks later...

(I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to place it in but here goes)

I was looking at Parque Warner in Madrid and was struck by the similarities to Movie World (Yes they were both owned by warner brothers). Their main coaster is themed to Superman, they both have an invert relatively themed to batman ( Arkham is a stretch for similarities but it's there), they both have a Vekoma invert (Movie worlds is an SLC and Madrid's is a giant inverted boomerang), they both have S&S towers, they both have a family coaster manufactured by Mack, and they both have a log flume themed to the wild west that are almost exactly the same.  Parque Warner is a much bigger park with plenty more attractions than Movie World. Could warner brothers ever have had any plans to add some of the attractions that Parque Warner had to Movie World? The only problem is that Movie World is now owned by Village Theme Parks, but Village have followed in the footsteps a little. Parque Warner also had a flat ride very similar to Doomsday Destroyer (just not manufactured by Intamin and without the big ring) themed to villains. I believe it is near a Lex Luther ride? Could Village have any plans to add rides like Parque Warner? Personally I believe it is very unlikely that this is the case, but it could give a little bit of insight into future plans for Movie World.

Movie World is celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Wonder Woman this Saturday. There’ll be more Wonder Woman appearances than ever before, pre-parade giveaways and kids (4-12yrs) dressed as Princess of the Amazons or any Justice League superhero can register to feature beside Wonder Woman in the Streets Star Parade.

14910440_10154278884667182_9038316625941735791_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Bailz said:

Just speculation on my part here but they may announce the coaster if it's themed to Wonderwoman.

It fits all the requirements for an announcement but after the Thunder River Rapids incident, I'd say any announcement will be postponed until MW's safety audit is completed at the earliest (assuming no major issues with the park are found) as well as when the media sensationalism has disappeared & any sudden drop in MW's attendance has returned back to normal.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

28 minutes ago, bladex said:

but wonder woman doesn't grow old?

She wasn't born an adult, so clearly she does grow older. 

Wonder Woman isn't immortal, she is, however, long-lived. Most comics date her at approximately 85 years old at the time when Batman/Superman are in their 30s. Good Genes I guess..

Edited by Brad2912

15 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

It fits all the requirements for an announcement but after the Thunder River Rapids incident, I'd say any announcement will be postponed until MW's safety audit is completed at the earliest (assuming no major issues with the park are found) as well as when the media sensationalism has disappeared & any sudden drop in MW's attendance has returned back to normal.

Just in case we didn't read that the last 40 times you posted it.