Wild West Falls Refurbishment

dmh

Am i the only one that thinks Movieworld has been REALLY busy lately?!

I mean, they've updated the WWF area, made a whole new DC themed area with a new ride, they're building a world class rollercoaster and theres been new stores and renovations everywhere!

Im excited for what more is to come :)

How likely is everyone thinking that WWF will be back to it's opening day theming tomorrow (like with the smoke effects coming out of the top of the mountain etc.)?

On 17/09/2016 at 0:41 PM, ClassifiedLlama said:

Am i the only one that thinks Movieworld has been REALLY busy lately?!

No, you are not :) It's because the Gold Coast City 2018 Commonwealth Games are approaching.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

I do hope that from the rumours we've heard that they have added some new effects that improve the whole experience. From what we've seen from the mountain and the work to the surrounding areas, it does seem promising, so fingers crossed. Im heading to the park tomorrow, so I'll get to find out.

Just rode.  It's good.  Train bridge was a particular highlight.  The ride is largely unchanged, but it's much fresher.  Some of the audio was missing (Indian Village, and first turntable were notable) but probably due to trying to just get it open today.  There has been a ton of stuff added throughout the whole ride; mostly in the form of dynamite and themed signage, far too much to take in on one ride through, as well as some lighting changes, particularly noticeable in the first room.  Backwards drop doesn't feel like you're dropping through a warehouse as much as it did.

And the thing that people will ask about; The last room is mostly unchanged aside from the addition of a bunch of props.

Photos to come from others no doubt ?

The TNT are static sticks that have been placed throughout the ride.

Does it live up to the standard I was hoping for?  Yeah it does actually.  Given I'm a fairly pessimistic person I was ready for it to open identical to how it was, so to see so many things pluses was a pure delight.  I don't want to oversell it because if someone told me it was amazing before I went on I'd have been a bit disappointed, but as a theme park fan I'm very happy with what they've done.

WWF is genuinely one of my favourite rides in th park, I made the comment in another thread that if the park opened with WWF it would have had a significantly more successful first few years.  So to see that ride looking it's best again is so pleasing to me, I would have stayed to ride again (something I never do these days) had the line not blown out.  

Could they have done more?  Here's the thing; what they did was go through and plus the entire ride, the whole ride looks great; ghost town has animal bones in it, there are hand painted signs everywhere, again the train bridge looks great, the insides have been relit and look great, the last room has had some extra props added to it so it's not so bare now.  If it were my project, I would have blown the entire budget in the last room.  So while they could have done more in the last room, the improvements to the whole ride more than make up for it.  

Sounds fairly positive, although I'm disappointed about the final room. Surely they could have at least reinstated the blast of air and smoke to give the drop more impact? In terms of touch ups -- have they fixed up the geyser area? Has it been re-painted and is the mist back? Have the teepee tents been fixed up and re-painted? Hope they get the audio back in this spot. And finally, are all effects working in the ghost town?

Here's the thing about the last room, it's been plussed in the same way the whole ride has.  If they did what they did to the last room and left the rest of the ride as it was, you'd say 'Oh they've put some effort into making the last room good again, great job MW!'

I'm also not quite ready to go through the list of 'what's working what isn't' because they are clearly still working on it.  Just to ram that point home, the on ride photos aren't working yet.  

35 minutes ago, themagician said:

Thanks for clarifying that @joz. I'm really intrigued by the train bridge scene. Is there actually a train going over? Or have they just enhanced what was there before?

Remember how that bridge had dynamite on it, and after you went past you heard an explosion, and it was supposed to be the sound of the bridge being blown up?  Only if didn't really work because when you turned around you saw a fully standing bridge and asked yourself what that was all about before getting on with the ride?  Well now they've skipped a step and blown it up and put one of Sea World's on the part of the bridge that still stands.  There is debris and bits of broken track all over the place, it works soooo much better than what used to be there