Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World

4 minutes ago, iwerks said:

They could always mix it up by doing different rides on different tours, so no one tour is the same.

Only problem with that is that you would get some of the same attractions you have already seen on a previous tour. E.g you run a tour with SE, WWF,  JL and LTRR warehouse.  The next tour you did would not want to include any of those IMO.  So what if the next tour was SE,  JL,  AA and western show stage. Would I want to pay another $300 to see only 2 new things,  I know I wouldn't.  

Having two totally different tours and alternating between weeks or months would ensure two completely different experiences. 

35 minutes ago, iwerks said:

Despite the extensive coverage on here, the guys at the Theme Parks Downunder Podcast reckon the morning tea will be a packet of Arnotts.

Always great to hear them trash talk our local parks. 

http://www.themeparksdownunder.com

I found it too painful to sit through more than 5 minutes of the show. I'll try again maybe in a few weeks..... Maybe

Just throwing it out there, but if don't like something, don't post about it and say how bad it is, because you can rest assured that people will listen to it.  That goes for theme park podcasts, and news about the Kardashians or that church that hates gays in a America (not calling by their name and don't search for them either), if you don't like it, don't spread it around.  

Yeah, good point @joz. I don't mind what they're trying to do and I have listened to their first three episodes. I just find that they're really harsh on our local parks. They were analysing the differences between MW's Star Tour and Dreamworld's behind the scenes tours and they were trying to evaluate how much the Star Tour would cost and were going through the list of things included and they said morning tea would probably be a packet of Arnotts and a jar of Nescafé when clearly, if they had read anyone's report on here, that was not the case. It was almost like they were making jokes at the park's expense.

I want to support all the new bloggers. This is an audio podcast @reanimated35, so it's kind of like listening in on a phone call. I'll give them a few more weeks too.

I think a trip report or review, if the experience was negative, was fine, so long as you make efforts to recognise what positives there were as well - but if a trip to the Ekka for example was overall a bucket of shit (Went yesterday, left after 90 minutes having done everything I was interested in), then it's hard to be positive.

I think the difference is that the podcast (I haven't listened to it and am only going second hand on what others say they present) is doing what i'm doing now - Judging something without having actually taken part in it for themselves. Except in this case - there were plenty of reviews out there both on Parkz, Facebook and private sites like OurWorlds that people who do a podcast within this industry should have been aware of it.

Now, what little credibility they might have had - they've lost - because we know that their judgment is based on pathetic assumptions without having experienced it for themselves or listened to others that have.

MW has really gone to the next level with this tour by all accounts - it is unfortunate that they (and our other parks) have for a long time tried to do things on the cheap, so now that is what is expected of them.

so where to start?

for those who are still sitting on the fence to either book this tour or not after my experience today I am very pleased to tell you today's tour was excellent and is a must do for anyone.. our hosts were Nathan and Matthew (I believe these were the same hosts for last week's tour?) won't go into too much detail of what happens in the tour as TPG has pretty much covered what happens on the tour instead I will talk about the highlights of the tour:

the view from Arkham was fantastic, you can pretty see the park at the top, for those who might be questioning where you do store your items on the walk, the items are stored in the control booth

Department Store is set to reopen on Monday, they were doing work when we were walking into Main Street, it's a huge improvement from before,

Wild West Fall's refurbishment price is $800,000

Doomsday and the DC Comics area will open in between late September or early October for Fright Nights, while we are on Doomsday, it was confirmed that the ride will have three styles to go on, the first cycle will go half way, the second cycle nearly goes nearly upside down, and the last one completely goes upside down,

it was confirmed on the tour that the shed behind for the Show Stage is for Fright Nights, the two big mazes for this year's event are really big franchises, 

Superman and Doomsday will be implemented on the tour when the two areas will reopen,

so that's my review / highlights on the tour, pictures of the tour will be uploaded later tonight 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja
removed sequence about something I mentioned about the tour that I probably shouldn't have

there was something they told us not to say on Arkham however I removed it from the original post just incase that was the topic they didn't want us to talk about..

also what happened on the tour was that I accidentally banged my head on one of the wheels on Green Lantern when we were down at the mainteance bay

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

The discussion about the Doomsday Destroyer ride cycles has been moved to the construction thread: 

Let's try and keep this one as on-topic about the tour as we can; if there's tidbits/facts from the tour relating to other attractions worthy of discussion then try and find a home for it in an existing or new topic.

The tour has also been added to the database:  http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Gold_Coast/Warner_Bros_Movie_World/ride/2869-Star_Tour_-_Access_All_Areas

For those that have been on it, updates/corrections/photos etc. are welcome. And of course check it off in your profile!