Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

20 minutes ago, Slick said:

Seconded.

Jet Rescue & Kawasemi are two of my favourites and both are neither the tallest or fastest. What they both have above all else is tiny lap bars which the ride then tries to violently pry you from. Good times.

In my opinion Jet Rescue is the best on the coast. Fast, with that out of control feeling, takes effort to ride properly (looking ahead, leaning into the corners). Worth queuing for an hour. I don't think I'd wait that long for any of the others on the coast personally. 

17 minutes ago, red dragin said:

In my opinion Jet Rescue is the best on the coast. Fast, with that out of control feeling, takes effort to ride properly (looking ahead, leaning into the corners). Worth queuing for an hour. I don't think I'd wait that long for any of the others on the coast personally. 

Let's not get too carried away there, sarge - Superman Escape is still Australia's best coaster by a country mile, followed by Abyss.

4 minutes ago, Slick said:

Let's not get too carried away there, sarge - Superman Escape is still Australia's best coaster by a country mile, followed by Abyss.

I've not ridden Abyss (but have ridden Saw at Thorpe Park). Superman is great, it's just my inner motorcycle rider that rates Jet Rescue that little bit higher. 

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Remind me to get off the roads next time you go to work...

Why? Superman doesn't even go as fast as it is legally permitted to drive on the M1 (I think @pin142 has been pointing this out for some time on the forums - but i may be mistaken and it may be someone else)

Point is - i (legally and safely) drive my car daily at speeds higher than almost every coaster in Australia.

and now back to the topic... errr - wait. we weren't on topic anyway.

13 minutes ago, AlexB said:

i (legally and safely) drive my car daily at speeds higher than almost every coaster in Australia.

How can you possibly compare being in a car at 100km/h to being on a roller coaster at 100km/h, am I reading that right?

I'd like to know what car you have and what roads you drive on to get anywhere near the same sensations in a car as on a roller coaster.

Edited by mission

9 hours ago, mission said:

THat Green Lantern one you linked too looks interesting, but if it's anything like MW's I'd take BuzzSaw every time.

It's different to Movie World's Green Lantern. The Six Flags one rides much differently to how it looks and has some unexpected drops and forces when riding making it easily better than BuzzSaw.

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Why? Superman doesn't even go as fast as it is legally permitted to drive on the M1 (I think @pin142 has been pointing this out for some time on the forums - but i may be mistaken and it may be someone else)

Point is - i (legally and safely) drive my car daily at speeds higher than almost every coaster in Australia.

I was thinking along the lines of the 'highest, fastest' coasters you were referencing - TTD, Kingda Ka, Formula Rossa, etc

Went to the park tonight and the Fire Machine was pretty awesome. 10 minutes is a great length for the show and really keeps everyone captivated the whole time. The music does work well with the whole show, and don't think it would have the same effect if they had lyrical music playing. That screeching sound near the end was horrible though. 

The park was relatively busy tonight, carpark was about 60-70% full when I got there at 4. And waited at least 10 minutes for rides/slides.

Weldint was being completed on HWSW, and testing of GD was also happening tonight.

If anyone still hasn't seen the show, highly recommend you do this weekend.

Wipeout Update-

Weird pile of rubbish on the floor and a sand like product.

Also saw a man working on the seats of the ride and than later found that two had been pulled out.

Not sure if he was Dreamworld staff or a safety inspector.

Bottom panel was also open.

Surfboards are still being worked on.

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

1484310827359.jpeg

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

God I hope they don't retire the Wipeout, it's easily my second favourite ride at Dreamworld.

EDIT: Yes I know there's not much to suggest it will be retired, it just seems like it's taking an awful long time for it to come back online considering the others that have opened before it.

Edited by Cactus_Matt
reasons mf

35 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

God I hope they don't retire the Wipeout, it's easily my second favourite ride at Dreamworld.

EDIT: Yes I know there's not much to suggest it will be retired, it just seems like it's taking an awful long time for it to come back online considering the others that have opened before it.

The surfboards are being worked on currently and obviously they have some issues with the seats that they need to fix.

If you make the assumption that this ride might be retired than you have to consider that the hwsw, shockwave and giant drop will be retired as your only evidence is how long it's taking to re open

2 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Don't forget Wipeout is 23 years old so the age could be a factor as to why it is taking longer. Plus 40 seats to thourghly check would  be a big task. Wipeout isn't going anywhere soon, after the massive overhaul/referb, I and others were told they want at least an extra 10 years out of her and up to 20. Shouldn't be to much longer and the beast shall re open :)

Edited by WipeoutDreamworldFan

22 hours ago, mission said:

How can you possibly compare being in a car at 100km/h to being on a roller coaster at 100km/h, am I reading that right?

I'd like to know what car you have and what roads you drive on to get anywhere near the same sensations in a car as on a roller coaster.

22 hours ago, Slick said:

However your car doesn't safely traverse top hats, inversions or airtime hills.

I was isolating the experiences - the yardsticks held up were speed and height. I isolated speed in referring to the speed my car does. I wasn't suggesting my car drives like it's on rails, or handles turns like a coaster - i was simply pointing out the speed element comparison - likewise the comparison to a lift\elevator for height.

• Gazza locked this topic