Carnivale 2017

Zanstabar

6 hours ago, SamCash said:

close to the frozen cock stand

I didn't see that stand on Friday night!

5 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

This was mid performance tonight 

Makes me glad I went on Friday night and not last night. Wonder if they had the same same crowd reaction at Wet'n'Wild Sydney on Friday night.

1 hour ago, Jordan M. said:

Did you talk to the staff during the event, or prior? VRTP have been fairly good with food issues of late and I am sure could have helped you out.

It follows on the same lines of asking the ingredients for the challenge they had at movieworld...  asked for weeks and no one ever got back to me...  or letting them know I was allergic to the starter at outback spectacular and even on the night yet still got given the stuff...

20 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

It follows on the same lines of asking the ingredients for the challenge they had at movieworld...  asked for weeks and no one ever got back to me...  or letting them know I was allergic to the starter at outback spectacular and even on the night yet still got given the stuff...

Fair enough, I don't know who you asked but I recommend using Zendesk.

At the WC Ricks Dinner a chef specifically told someone I know how the dishes were prepared, what they could still eat with their intolerance's ect.

....Yeah. Anyway......

I've thrown up my thoughts on Carnivale now. It took a few days to gather my thoughts into something coherent. For the most part, it is indeed a lovely event & I do like it at Sea World. It's by no means perfect, if Dreamworld had all its rides open i'm not sure it'd stack up against Dreamworld's Fire Machine, additional shows & extended trade given that Dreamworld are including it in the entry price.

I also didn't understand why the Monorail wasn't open. From what I heard they were giving passes to resort guests for free (which is awesome and if it's the case marketing should be yelling this loudly to sell more rooms) so it was a head scratcher not to see the Monorail gunning through the Plaza.

Keeping this in mind, it's still a good bit of fun, it's a good start to what I hope only grows and gets bigger and better, and there's more then enough to taste and see without having to step foot on rides to fill the night up.

_MG_0293.jpg

_MG_0362.jpg

_MG_0414.jpg

_MG_0459.jpg

_MG_0553.jpg

_MG_0642.jpg

Having been to Carnivale at Movie World twice and tonight at Sea World I have to say I enjoyed it much more at Sea World. 

There is just a lot me more room to move about. It's even easy to get something to eat and find somewhere to actually sit and eat it (virtually impossible at Movie World during Carnivale! 

I do think they should have used the amphitheater next to Nikolodean land for the main acts rather than a temporary stage as there's plenty of seating there and it's also closer to where most of the other fun is. 

The only thing really missing was the parade, but that didn't bother me at all.

Overall a great move which I hope and think will now be a permanent one!

3 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I do think they should have used the amphitheater next to Nikolodean land for the main acts rather than a temporary stage as there's plenty of seating there and it's also closer to where most of the other fun is. 

It's much easier to herd people out of the park in a timely manner when you're already ushering them towards the exit for the final show. 

7 hours ago, pushbutton said:

There is just a lot me more room to move about. It's even easy to get something to eat and find somewhere to actually sit and eat it (virtually impossible at Movie World during Carnivale! 

Must have been a quiet night then...  My wife had to carry the burger she got all the way to the front lake viewing area before we found a seat... 

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Anyone got a review of food options yet? Similar to last events at MW?

There was probably 3-5 less stalls at SeaWorld, but it was all different food so it was much more interesting and unique to eat. The prices were also a bit cheaper than MovieWorld's carnivale, and the food tasted a bit better. I hope they keep it at SeaWorld permanently.

So my thoughts after tonight...

im gonna buck the trend and say I prefer the event at MW... (sorry guys)

* I think the lack of a parade makes the event suffer. Carnivale, by nature of the name, is an event that is quintessentially organised around a parade. 

* the food options were limited compared to previous years. (No millionaire bacon, loaded fries, New York pizza, seafood boil up etc) The fact you couldn't buy chicken nuggets or tenders anywhere in the park for kids is ridiculous. Only selling fish burgers and fish bites at the usual food outlet is a waste

* the lack of a parade meant there was no 'major event' to draw crowds away from rides, and the lack of adult/teen ride options added to that. People congregated at tables and just stayed there as there was little to move off and do from the undercover area. 

* In Stereo (who?) were clearly no drawcard, if anything the ride queues got bigger whilst they played

* no roving entertainment, all squished into the one area 

* the live music under the roof was ok, but apart from one song had nothing to do with the Carnivale theme, which was originally designed as a kudos to the New Orleans/Brazilian events. Singing 'Cheerleader' and Katy Perry songs are relative to neither. 

I guess I'd be more complimentary of the event if it wasn't at the expense of MW's Carnivale, which I've loved. This is a differnt event and I like the idea of SW having a night event, but leave Carnivale at MW and create a new identity for this... Sounds by the Sea, Fiesta by the Sea, I dunno, but separate them..

Edited by Brad2912

I have to agree with Brad. It's a great location for a night time event, but Carnivale was better at Movie World.

Food options were disappointing compared to previous years (likely why they didn't bother putting them up on the website).

The roof area was just as congested as MW's, but at least there is heaps more seating.

I'm sure I couldn't do better, but the lady singing Firework was a bit off tune (tough song suspended from the roof).

And I can't comment on the music act, I left before they got on stage.

Finally, not Sea World's fault, but traffic getting there was absolutely horrendous.

As an aside on Storm as it's not worth a new topic - I seem to remember a video screen to the left before the hill. Have they stopped bothering with that?

Edited by westical