Wet 'n' Wild Buggy

themagician

It can work - just let them book a time period to use the attraction but not charge a fee. If the ride gets booked out, you just have to give it a miss or go another day. People don't normally visit every attraction at a theme park anyway - there is usually something they have missed regardless of it's significance in the park.

Haha yes true however wouldn't you somewhat expect the buggies would do that from time to time?

The track does look pretty wild in parts leaving a lot open to random possibility of loosing control and crashing, irrespective of duel control because Human reaction time ain't that fast no matter how good you are!

I would think the purchase price of the Adventure includes plenty of extra insurance cover, especially given it all takes place on private property

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Maybe that's what happened to one of the buggies?

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

The track does look pretty wild in parts leaving a lot open to random possibility of loosing control and crashing, irrespective of duel control 

Now THAT could really add to the "wild" side of things if you have to fight the instructor before you go anywhere. 

1 hour ago, downunder said:

Looks like fun, I'm down for this.

As others have observed, a bit of an incongruous fit for a water park, but what the hey, they have a rollercoaster too lol.  

As has been said though, it's Wet AND wild. Whilst it may have begun as 'just a waterpark', with a roller coaster, zip line, skyswing etc, it's just as wild as it is wet.

So if the average speed of a buggy on this 1.2km track is 18km/h (half of 35km/h rounded up), you would be looking at doing 15 laps in 1 hour or 1 lap in 4 minutes. I know the obstacles might make that average speed even slower but if an 18km/h average speed was the case, I don't think the current in-park prices are good value for money:

On 06/01/2017 at 0:28 AM, themagician said:

...$29 for 1 lap, $49 for 2 laps or $69 for 4 laps.

The online booking prices seem much more value for money if that average speed was the case - about $45 for a 1 hour session (15 laps/$3 per lap) or about $64 for a 2 hour session (30 laps/about $2.15 per lap).

@themagician, given you've experienced Wet 'n' Wild Buggy, is 1 lap in 4 minutes about right or is it longer due to a slower average speed?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

The pricing system is a bit confusing because they are displaying different pricing. But right now until January 24 (I think it is) you can only book in park, but after then you can book online. I suppose now they are going to try and take advantage of it while people are there. 

Also something to add when I was there was they send out 4 cars at a time, with about 30 seconds between each Buggy, and then a 5th one will follow which has a staff member in it, in case there are any issues while on course.