DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

^I hear you. I was taken aback by how huge the tract of land devoted to this beast is when I saw it with my own eyes.

I went over the Harbour Bridge every day to work and watched what was relocated to Dreamworld as Cyclone go up at Luna Park. Shame it was an ordinary coaster, but it was fascinating to see the progress of the coaster every day from start to completion.

1 hour ago, downunder said:

Space World in Japan has closed and there's some pretty good coasters in that park that could do with a move south.

I don't agree actually, looking at their lineup there's nothing that jumps out at me as "oh wow our parks need that". Venus GP looks like an ok coaster but for a second-hand one nothing special (anyone know how smooth/rough it is? Those restraints don't exactly look that comfy) and Zaturn, while an Intamin accelerator, wouldn't that work at either of our major parks since DW has ToT and MW Superman (which are both Intamin launch coasters and a single top-hat one wouldn't bring anything too new to either park). If anything, I'd like to see one of our smaller parks (Adventure World? Even Aussie World?) take it. Or perhaps Sea World? Anything to fill the gaps in their lineup would work at this point.

^I hear you, Zaturn - for some reason I had Zaturn mixed up with another similar coaster with inversions in Japan. Though it's all academic, I doubt any park down here would buy them, just wishful thinking. Venus looks like it has a tasty layout. I'm happy if any Australian park gets anything decent.

Vietnam got that defunct B & M from Hard Rock Park, though it was certainly a lesser Beemer.

Cheers @YLFATEEKS been on here for ages just never signed up. And yeah hard to take in driving but when you finish work and just want to get home for a beer then there is not stopping ha. But your right will be a good few months watching this get built. Pitty i had a mate who was an engineer at movieworld (no longer there) who i could of answered some questions 

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

is that your way of saying the reported RCDB height is accurate, and MW technically ISNT building a hyper - for want of a bee's dick?

That's one big bee...

Average honeybee length (L) is 15mm...  His tackle (T) is average 1/4mm... So L = 60T...

You are saying T = 3 feet...  60x3 = 180 feet...  

1 hour ago, Levithian said:

25 million seems pretty short on the cost i reckon. If be guessing closer to (or above) 40,000,000 as a nice round number to put on it.

Forty million?! For that amount they could've gotten a B&M (probably). I doubt this thing is going to cost that much. But then again, somehow that Storm Coaster cost what, like 20 million? So maybe/anything's possible?

I guess I forget that while a B&M coaster in the US can be bought for around 20 mil we're at the mercy of exchange rates and a very long boat ride for the track pieces.

Who knows! Maybe the one benefit of the incoming Trump presidency will be a crash of their economy and we can get some B&M on the cheap! 

7 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Who knows! Maybe the one benefit of the incoming Trump presidency will be a crash of their economy and we can get some B&M on the cheap! 

Unlikely, the market responds to uncertainty so there might be a little bit of a drop when he first gets in, but I reckon if anything he'll actually strengthen the US economy back to the powerhouse of yore.

^Maybe all the USA lefties that don't get into Canada might move to the Gold Coast and create a huge local market that can support a park the size of Cedar Point lol.

I'm not familiar with the complexities of coaster project management, but I imagine there might be some insulation from exchange rate fluctuation if they factor in what is locally sourced into the quoted cost - such as labour, materials etc. Don't know if Mack do this, but it would seem logical.

It's possible Mack were cheaper than Intamin and B & M, and it got them over the line (possibly VRTP liked what they proposed better as well). I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they were evaluating tenders (if they did put it out to tender and had competing proposals).               

13 hours ago, downunder said:

Any actual movement on the site of significance in the last day or so?

I would say because the Gold Coast hasn’t had much rain during the earthworks and pouring of the footings the site is ahead of schedule and this has left time to kill before the next stage.  My theory only but when the civil team handed the site back to alder constructions they thought “Shit we still have 2 months before the track arrives why don’t we put the fence up now”.  (Just thoughts)

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic