DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

16 minutes ago, Original said:

I was thinking the track would be fabricated here somewhere to MACK's specifications,.

I can't see the whole track being fabricated here.  Parts of it maybe but not the whole track.  Whenever I have steel fabricated for a job it’s the company that did the work that installs it.  We have already seen a tender go out to assemble the track so whoever built it will not be putting it together.

11 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I guess I forget that while a B&M coaster in the US can be bought for around 20 mil we're at the mercy of exchange rates and a very long boat ride for the track pieces.

Who knows! Maybe the one benefit of the incoming Trump presidency will be a crash of their economy and we can get some B&M on the cheap! 

But B&M are swiss so we'd be paying them in CHF.

Out of interest for myself I scaled the 'Flash Coaster' at Lena Adventure China to MW to see if it is realistic to expect a similar coaster experience for us.  Anyway I thought to share it with everyone.  For scaling I used a 100m line as reference.  I checked out a YouTube POV of Flash and it looks amazing.  I'm excited because having made this comparison it is very possible we could get a coaster that is a minimum of 1,200m long with similar speeds, inversions, height etc. Obviously the layout will be different but I'm pumped!!!

MW Coaster Comparison.jpg

41 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

nd considering the value of the Australian dollar against the US dollar now, it would cost shitloads to ship here alone.

I'd be pretty confident that large transactions such as this would have hedging etc in place to protect against currency movements.

17 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I guess I forget that while a B&M coaster in the US can be bought for around 20 mil we're at the mercy of exchange rates and a very long boat ride for the track pieces. 

You wont build one for that sort of money thats both the rumoured height and the length of this coaster. It would still cost closer to 30 million US.

Nearmap's have not updated their image since 22/9, however I am checking for an update every couple of days as working on a couple of projects in that area.

If Adler Constructions are building this ride, I know they are going to have some labor free up soon from another project on the coast.  Not sure if the same crew will be used, however the timing could be very close.

I seriously don't understand why people in such a niche community as this think they can say things that are clearly rubbish, and upon being called out for their rubbish, instead of owning up or simply shutting up, they continue to defend themselves with yet even more rubbish. No one's buying it, and even if they did you gain nothing out of it because in the end you are still spewing rubbish.

We seriously don't need your shit here.

5 minutes ago, AllegroCrab said:

I seriously don't understand why people in such a niche community as this think they can say things that are clearly rubbish, and upon being called out for their rubbish, instead of owning up or simply shutting up, they continue to defend themselves with yet even more rubbish. No one's buying it, and even if they did you gain nothing out of it because in the end you are still spewing rubbish.

If it's good enough for the President of the United States it's good enough for people on a Theme Park forum.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of very recent developments on the coaster, but over on the fake news front:

Just when you thought it was safe to go to an amusement park. An unnamed source at a Portaloo contractor has revealed that the manufacturer Intamin believes the new coaster being built may stop unexpectedly during the ride. Leaving riders precariously suspended, their lives hanging by a thread. When will this madness stop? When will President Trump intervene and save us. A Trump aide off the record stated: "nothing a few Tomahawk missiles won't fix".   

Meanwhile: we watch the grass grow.

Edited by downunder

A theory here for why so little is being done/revealed:

The place I work at is currently building a new building, and we've been informed that there will be a few weeks where nothing is actually done/built on the site. That's because they completed the preliminary earthworks, material delivery etc ahead of schedule so that construction could be confined to the site itself for the remainder of the year, thus minimising interference with the rest of the property because of moving vehicles, incoming materials etc.

Could be a possibility that all of the footings etc. were done AHEAD of schedule, allowing workers to take a few weeks to sort everything out, receive the coaster parts and confine the work to this space so that WBMW is interfered with as little as possible - especially since construction is going to continue for the next 8-9 months approximately, it would be a horror show if there were constantly trucks having to move in and out of the site, or parts having to be moved, forcing other attractions out of action unnecessarily.

It could be we are in, or approaching, that period where the sole focus is confining works to within the perimeter fencing of the site.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic