DC Rivals HyperCoaster Announcement

7 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

WRONG

I think, more than 2 people per train will want to go backwards and that’s why I want a full train to go backwards.  By only doing it to the back of each train looks like a cheap gimmick.

Should have made both trains half and half.

so on one train - the rear faces backward, the front faces forward

the other - the rear faces forward, the front faces backward (*bonus element - you get to see the reactions of people across from you)

this fixes the 'what happens when they only run one train' argument too.

This coaster's layout is stunning. Looks to have fantastic pacing and a great mixture of elements that ensure you get a good mix of speed, twistyness, g-forces, and of course airtime. No doubt this will be the best coaster in Aus.

It's hard to create re-rideability on a coaster, as it essentially follows the same track everytime. Yes you can move around the train, to experience the different forces. But adding those backwards seats, just makes it even more re-rideable! Fantastic move by VRTPs!

As for the name.....terrible. I don't understand VRTP's obsession with putting the word 'coaster' in the rollercoaster's name. e.g. Storm Coaster, Green Lantern Coaster, Jet Rescue Coaster, DC Rivals Hypercoaster. It's very unimaginative....why is it needed? 

Also, 80% of people will need to google "what is DC" after they are told (only) the name of the ride. If DC was involved, then perhaps they are sponsoring the ride? 'presented by DC comics'? Thus they wanted the DC name in the ride title?

Edited by Luke

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Also, 80% of people will need to google "what is DC" after they are told (only) the name of the ride. If DC was involved, then perhaps sponsored/'presented by DC comics', and thus they wanted the DC name in the ride title?

I disagree. DC has the brand out there enough that GP away from comic know what it is. DC is promoted before all of their movies.

You also make a really good point on being sponsored / presented by. I was wondering why they included the 2nd "DC" in the name of the coaster. As the image reads its "DC DC Rivals Hypercoaster"...

DC.jpg

should be.jpg

Edited by Naazon
Added 2nd image to what I think it should be

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

As for the name.....terrible. I don't understand VRTP's obsession with putting the word 'coaster' in the rollercoaster's name. e.g. Storm Coaster, Green Lantern Coaster, Jet Rescue Coaster, DC Rivals Hypercoaster. It's very unimaginative....why is it needed? Also, 80% of people will need to google "what is DC" after they are told (only) the name of the ride. If DC was involved, then perhaps sponsored/'presented by DC comics', and thus they wanted the DC name in the ride title?

Six Flags seems to put "The Ride" in everything, maybe VRTP thought it was cool to do something similar. Also, does anyone actually call it "Jet Rescue Coaster" any more?

I disagree with people not knowing about DC, I think in today's world most people probably have some sort of idea what DC and Marvel are. I think just spending a day at Movie World would probably give you a good idea of what it was if you didn't have any prior knowledge anyway.

Personally I love the DC Rivals name. I think it's very official, easy to remember and summarises the coaster's overall theme very well, especially since they have had to work with what they originally had organised (ie. Suicide Squad themed).

Its a first class name for a first class coaster 👍

And I definitely think they have made a great choice avoiding making it a "Bizarro" themed coaster. Thank God for that - sorry to those of you who were convinced that's what it would be, but really would have been a terribly obscure theme to run with 😮😑

12 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

I think it's very official, easy to remember and summarises the coaster's overall theme very well, especially since they have had to work with what they originally had organised (ie. Suicide Squad themed).

I'm still confused as to how they thought Suicide Squad was a great theme to begin with (even before the DW incident). I like this theme better compared to SS. It's the classic good vs. evil concept - superhero vs. supervillain rivalry - finishing with the Joker vs. Batman rivalry. Overall I like the theme - just not the name. It will be interesting how they pull off this theme.

Edited by Luke

I really like the theme, i was wondering why they have been playing heavily on the rivalry scenario as of late, like announcing the Heros vs Villains event over the holidays. Congrats to Movie World for all the thought and effort put into the announcement. It was a long wait but worth it. Bring on October. 

35 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

It's not a hypercoaster?

If you're sticking to the "over 200ft" rule, DC Rivals won't be in that category either. But both are definitely hypercoaster-style rides.

Edit: my bad, 61.6m is indeed just over 200ft. Hollywood Dream still follows the hypercoaster pattern though, despite its lack of height.

Edited by aaronm
bad maths

11 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Personally I love the DC Rivals name. I think it's very official, easy to remember and summarises the coaster's overall theme very well, especially since they have had to work with what they originally had organised (ie. Suicide Squad themed).

Its a first class name for a first class coaster

I love it as well TPG. I think the name sounds great and as you said it's easy to remember. I do remember suggesting it could of possibly had a theme change post the dreamworld incident and I was eaten alive by certain members on here. 

6 minutes ago, jack.c said:

The joker at the top of the lift hill is ICONIC. 

I do love the Joker face at the top. Quite an original touch (as far as I'm aware). Truly adds to the menacing feel of this coaster. Both this and the backwards seats are the sort of extras that we can pretty reliably depend on from Village Theme Parks.

Edited by GoGoBoy

This is shaping up to be one of the best hypers I've seen, judging by the final layout (I'm a fan of the Joker face on the top of the lift hill), but I'm hoping the theming is to the standards of MW's recent efforts such as Doomsday, because at the moment the generic looking name makes me think otherwise. It would be something that sets this hyper apart from the others around the world - MW brands itself as a theme park, not an amusement park. There needs to be a "theme", whether its loose or elaborate.

Also, I'm unsure why people think riding this coaster backwards wouldn't be upcharge, yet there is only a single backwards facing car on the train, because if it wasn't run as an upcharge attraction, the queues for the backward experience would be exorbitant. Thinking in a practical sense, if they weren't running backwards as upcharge, there would be 2 trains - one configured to be forwards and one configured backwards. This is why I find that the backwards option is more likely to be upcharge, because of the relatively low capacity of what appears to be a paltry 2 riders per train.