themagician

DC Rivals Hypercoaster Photography/Videography

31 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Glubbo said:

Awesome pics.

Anyone still wondering if this ride is any good? Zoom right in (no, closer) on the faces in the above pic.

Haha you're absolutely right, great point. Pure joy and fear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

@Glubbo That pic is my favourite.

The Australian GP are not ready for this ride. I can imagine a lot of people so far actually won't know what hit them after that first drop.

My concern is a lot of people won't know about the ride at all. If I wasn't a park enthusiast and member of Parkz I wouldn't know that Australia's biggest and best ever theme park ride had just opened.

Edited by GoGoBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GoGoBoy Yeah absolutely.

I don't know too many people who know of its existence outside of people who live in Brisbane/GC and enthusiasts. I have faith the ride will just speak for itself and in a few years everyone will have had a friend who's ridden it and raved about it, but the initial marketing has been pretty much nonexistent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Yeah but this deserves a major national campaign. Rivals and everything else they've added over the last couple of years is enough reason for interstate families to plan trips. Maybe it's coming but I know I would've done things totally differently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flea said:

^ Yeah but this deserves a major national campaign. Rivals and everything else they've added over the last couple of years is enough reason for interstate families to plan trips. Maybe it's coming but I know I would've done things totally differently.

It's bizarre - as far as I can tell Village Parks doesn't value interstate business much anymore. It's rare to see an ad down here, especially one advertising a new attraction. Years ago everyone knew when a park installed a new attraction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoGoBoy said:

It's bizarre - as far as I can tell Village Parks doesn't value interstate business much anymore. It's rare to see an ad down here, especially one advertising a new attraction. Years ago everyone knew when a park installed a new attraction.

Yet in Perth I get adds for a Season Pass at Dreamworld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

@GoGoBoy Yeah absolutely.

I don't know too many people who know of its existence outside of people who live in Brisbane/GC and enthusiasts. I have faith the ride will just speak for itself and in a few years everyone will have had a friend who's ridden it and raved about it, but the initial marketing has been pretty much nonexistent.

The social media coverage from guests is doing a stellar job in lieu. So many people are posting about Rivals to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram while in the queue, post ride and even the car park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a lot of mobile video of Rivals in action from inside and outside the park (on the new footpath mainly). Dunno why, but most of it I shot was using the slow-mo mode, and decided to put them together in a video. Then I just kept going. Believe it or not, I made this entirely using iMovie, apart from the title screen (made in Photoshop).

Hope you enjoy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Parkz Crew

    Support Parkz... join the Crew for:

    • Ad-banner free viewing
    • Parkz Crew profile badge
    • Extended editing
    • See who's liked your posts
    • Purchase discounts

    Join Now from $20/yr

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.