Consentino Live at Dreamworld

Started a new topic for the show itself, not the reveal of who was coming.

- Filming of the illusions was strictly prohibited.

- Two screen each side of the stage.

- Plenty of lights on stage and music during performances.

- Popcorn stand to the back right of the theatre.

- Two screens display live feed of peformance in exceptional quality and when Cosentino is taking a one minute break to set up for another illusion, a video of him doing street magic will play.

Sorry for the video, no photos.

• Like 2

Saw it this morning. I was impressed with the way they've converted the Brocks Garage into the theatre. Whilst that's obviously only a temporary setup, it looks and feels very much like a permanent theatre. Only thing missing is tiered seating. The seating is all on at one level, which of course means those at the back don't have quite as good a view. However they can still see the screens.

The show itself? Ok. Nothing particularly amazing or different than I've seen before to be honest. Entertaining enough though.

12 hours ago, Slick said:

I'm genuinely surprised by the success of Consentino - that's not a critique on either him or Dreamworld either, rather, I simply wasn't aware of how far reaching his fame is (chalk it up to not watching much free to air telly). I've been and checked it out and it was chockers - it's good to see.

Must say I've got to agree.

Also I've seen similar responses online about the Thunder Lake show but that I've not looked at a whole lot.

Good on DW for a win with Consentino. Hopefully they can build on this small win.

• Like 1

Just popped in to watch the show with my son. 

Got in the park at 10:45 for the 11:30 and headed straight for the theatre - line was already snaking back to wipeout. 

The show was good, fun, high energy and just what dreamworld needed.

even walking in it was the first time I’ve felt “atmosphere” in the park for a long time. The key now is how that leverage that and keep raising the bar 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

snaking back to wipeout.

Yay! The Wipeout is back.  Thank you for the update.

31 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Just popped in to watch the show with my son.

My friends just popped in and watched the show too.  None of them have stayed or spent any money.

32 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

The show was good, fun, high energy and just what dreamworld needed

👍🏼

33 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

even walking in it was the first time I’ve felt “atmosphere” in the park for a long time.

👍🏼

33 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

The key now is how that leverage that and keep raising the bar

Raising the bar?  You need a bar in the first place.. 😂

I have a top 5 for keeping guest interested in the park.

1. Don't kill customers.

2. Open SV.

3. Bring back the steam train.

4. Sack the dancers and produce a proper show.

5. More polo shirt colours.

It's good the show has been a hit and skeet approves.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

So would anyone want full audio of the performance? He speaks in parts and than there is crowd reactions and performance audio. I know it seems pointless but would anyone care for it or perhaps just the parts of him speaking?

It’d be like listening to enthusiasts talk about theme parks and then wanting to see the video.