The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

Great POV! Hope to see one in horizontal with brake/station re-entry. 

Not the best demonstration of pacing or air time. Seems to be one of those "it looks slower in the POV than it does in real life" situations. I can tell you that Wicker Man hauls ass and the video does not do it justice. 🙃

That giant dome in the middle will serve as a water feature, yeah?

• Like 1

Nice to finally see a POV! Hope we get a one with a normal aspect ratio soon.

3 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

Great POV! Hope to see one in horizontal with brake/station re-entry. 

Not the best demonstration of pacing or air time. Seems to be one of those "it looks slower in the POV than it does in real life" situations. I can tell you that Wicker Man hauls ass and the video does not do it justice. 🙃

That giant dome in the middle will serve as a water feature, yeah?

Looked like an empty train in the video. We need one done after a full day of operations with a full train - now that would look a bit different!

I don't think the dome is a water feature. It's more for shade in the queue and a lite bit of theming.

I’m actually quite surprised it’s only rated as “mild thrill level” on the ride listing.

that puts it on the same level as the Banana Boogie and the Carousel, and a level below Ninja Flyers in thrills which is rated “moderate thrill”

I mean it it’s less thrilling than a slow spinning ride with bike pedals, I wouldn’t be expecting much.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I’m actually quite surprised it’s only rated as “mild thrill level” on the ride listing.

that puts it on the same level as the Banana Boogie and the Carousel, and a level below Ninja Flyers in thrills which is rated “moderate thrill”

I mean it it’s less thrilling than a slow spinning ride with bike pedals, I wouldn’t be expecting much.  

I'm almost certain that's an error on the web team's behalf.

27 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

From somewhere on the internet -

“I went on it backwards 4 times during the cast preview

A backwards wooden roller coaster is an amazing experience, that double down near the start is so intense and you get absolutely thrown around because you have no idea where you are going

11 out of 10 perfect addition to a woodie”

A cast member.  What else would a cast member say?

• Gazza locked this topic