Dreamworld December Update 2019

For what that space is, they’ve themed/decorated it very nicely and I would say it will be quite a nice area to sit on a cooler or cloudy day. I definitely think it could use more larger shaded areas because on a hot summers day, people won’t sit in half those seats. Once those trees grow out a bit it should be a lot better, but that will take a while. Hopefully they also add some misters/fans in too

EDIT: Turns out there is quite a bit of shade, it just hasn’t been shown in these photos. Photo posted by Remember the Golden Years

E1644FD6-4C75-433F-B172-D816759AF17E.thumb.jpeg.995e952a7686b1dc13e6fb8772163a63.jpeg

Edited by themagician
  • Like 1

As "Shaded seating” If I remember as according to MR CEO it really doesn't delivery.  The umbrellas won’t do shit.  On my phone, it looks like synthetic grass and if that’s the case kids will not sit on the grass in summer.  It wouldn’t surprise me if an unaware parent places an infant on the grass without realising how hot it gets.  I had fake grass near my pool at my last house and you had to wear shoes to get to the pool.  It lasted about a week before I got it removed.

15 minutes ago, themagician said:

Even if it isn’t popular for sitting, it will be very popular on Instagram and maybe that’s exactly what they were going for. There aren’t really many ‘insta walls/areas’ at any of our parks, so this area fills that ‘massive’ void.

I think this is more what they were going for, along with the new “Roarsome” wall on the way into Tiger Island.

• Like 1

It's a pleasant area to sit and relax, but I don't think this is the most suitable addition for a theme park. It's fairly generic and reminds me more of Pacific Fair or Westfield Chermside than any theme park. Personally, I don't think theme parks should be striving to be compared to a Westfield. A theme park should be its own being; something unique and unlike other offerings. The "Shaded Seating Area" just doesn't do it for me.

Also, there's some shade but not enough to satisfy my pale needs. I think this was a flawed idea from the beginning.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, themagician said:

Once those trees grow out a bit it

They're palm trees. How much shade do giant palm trees give?

(Hint - here's white water world)

image.png.e5ea67eee1fb71f8e6d6b1d1c48026e3.png

7 hours ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

They could have always gotten First Flight from MM had it not gone to La Ronde

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

If you lay on the burning ground at a specific angle and at a specific time... heaps of shade

I think DW forgot to put the shaded seating through its 10 point safety check or what ever the hell they call it.  I'm still hopeful the shade sail has had a delay and it will go up in the future.

On 10/12/2019 at 12:43 AM, Adventures With JWorld said:

They could have always gotten First Flight from MM had it not gone to La Ronde

LOOOOOOL WHAT

N    O

On the topic of a 4d free spin, it definitely isnt a bad Cyclone replacement. But such a ride is still at least 5 years away.

Also I have no fucking idea as to what Bluey is as I'm not the target demographic of ABC Kids, nor do i have young children in that demographic. Area should probably get a minor IP update though, Giggle and Hoot and Bananas in Pyjamas aren't exactly the most relevant IP's for 2020. With an ABC Kids update basically inevitable given the freeing up of the old TOT station's real estate, I expect newer more relevant IP's to be in place when this happens, while retaining Play School and Wiggles.

• Like 1

They announced that Giggle and Hoot are no longer going to make new episodes, but they will continue to keep showing reruns ‘throughout next year and beyond’ (https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/11/abcs-giggle-hoot-announces-final-season.html).

I believe that Giggle and Hoot is still a very relevant IP and should stay as the show is still quite popular.

When exiting the park a few days ago, I noticed they still have the Gold Rush signage stored (and it looks like it's been maintained). Not sure if it's been discussed much or mentioned, but maybe this is confirmation that they are choosing to keep (and expand) on that theme?

Edit: Could also just be junk that they cbf to get rid of 😂

Edited by Flynn_Smith
Adding comments